Kodak Bankrupt

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
BTW - From what I heard they are giving up their sponsorship for the Kodak theater in Hollywood that usually hosts the Oscars, this year it will still be in the theather just without the Kodak brand name.

disney fan 13

The only thing I believe they still sponser are the maps ( correct me if I am wrong.) So should not have to bad of a effect since they already gave up the imagination.

Monorail Lime

The only thing I believe they still sponser are the maps ( correct me if I am wrong.) So should not have to bad of a effect since they already gave up the imagination.
I believe Kodak still sponsors MuppetVision on both coasts unless they pulled out of it very recently. Their logo was still in the pre-show not too long ago.

Pick145

Right now Kodak is going through chapter 11, unlike chapter 7 where they have to liquidate their assets, as of right now Kodak could cut the sponsorships would be as a cost cutting measure, but they do not have to. Kodak can opt to keep the Disney sponsorships, which would not be too surprising as they need to keep their name out in the world in some areas.

wdwfan4ver

I think Disney wouldn't have a huge problem finding a sponsor for Mupetvision or anything regarding the muppet franchise if Kodak cut sponsorships. I am bring that up because I am sure that sponsors will look at the fact there is some life in the Muppet franchise since the movie had 45 million dollar budget and made over 130 million dollars at the box office Worldwide. It is matter of being 4,022,350 dollars away from making 3 times its budget.

The amount of money it made is modest the box office in terms of today's standards, but it is a big success in terms of the budget to money made at the box office worldwide ratio.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
I'd be a bit more mad about the contract clause which forced the Imagination refurb in 1998. Blocking Mt. Fuji is bad, but taking Imagination from a great ride down to next to nothing is worse.

Agreed!

Maybe with this will come a new sponsor for Imagination and possible a new ride.

RunnerEd

Agreed!

Maybe with this will come a new sponsor for Imagination and possible a new ride.

Double agreed. Does anyone know how much a potential sponsor would have to sink into a pavilion? It seems like it would be a lot of jack to do one right; presumably why several of them don't have sponsors. Apple, Samsung, LG, Microsoft, Sony would all be great fits for Imagination but, in today's economy, I just don't really see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

NiarrNDisney

Original Poster
Double agreed. Does anyone know how much a potential sponsor would have to sink into a pavilion? It seems like it would be a lot of jack to do one right; presumably why several of them don't have sponsors. Apple, Samsung, LG, Microsoft, Sony would all be great fits for Imagination but, in today's economy, I just don't really see it happening. I hope I'm wrong.

I always thought that Crayola would be a great fit for Imagination!

SobchakSecurity

Is everything in usa going bankrupt is there hope for a future?

Kodak was simply not able to move into the future; they couldn't transition from film to digital, even though they were among the most innovative companies in the world a generation ago.

It's sad to see George Eastman's company go this route, and I suppose he'll become even more forgotten. Think of how we're talking about the Disney company, which has vaulted Walt Disney up to icon status. Eastman was probably a more important man than Disney, because he and his company changed the way we catalogue our memories.

Back on topic, the sponsorships depend on how Kodak emerges from bankruptcy. Other companies will be ready to pounce and scavenge on the smaller Kodak, particularly for it's patents, and should one purchase Kodak outright then who knows how the sponsorships will go.

NoChesterHester

Economy aside; all the companies you listed are pulling huge profits. They aren't squeezed.

I'd love to see a forward thinking technology company take over Imagination. Heck, I wouldn't mind to see the worlds coolest Apple Store appear at Epcot. That is a pipe dream though.

WDW John

This

Bring on Mount Fuji!

That was the first thing I thought, also!

Then I thought (and not that it matters, really) is Fuji Film doing any better that Kodak? I realize Kodak's problems are greater than not having much of a film market in a digital world but I don't see Fuji anything these days.

Side note: I like the Japan pavilion but for me it's always a short visit. I like the garden and the pagoda and Matsuriza but I don't really care for Japanese food and I don't spend a lot of time in shops.

I would love it if they added something more in that large space. A movie, a ride, maybe both.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting anything at this point...

uklad79

I feel a re brand is needed....

The Lack of Imagination Pavilion Brought to you by Kodak (in chapter 11) It got us where we are today!

sweetpee_1993

I think Disney wouldn't have a huge problem finding a sponsor for Mupetvision or anything regarding the muppet franchise if Kodak cut sponsorships. I am bring that up because I am sure that sponsors will look at the fact there is some life in the Muppet franchise since the movie had 45 million dollar budget and made over 130 million dollars at the box office Worldwide. It is matter of being 4,022,350 dollars away from making 3 times its budget.

The amount of money it made is modest the box office in terms of today's standards, but it is a big success in terms of the budget to money made at the box office worldwide ratio.

Oh yes! And just think of all the licensing trickle-down from the Muppets. Seriously! I know first hand that the Muppets OPI nail lacquers were and are wildly popular! That ain't cheap stuff!

Economy aside; all the companies you listed are pulling huge profits. They aren't squeezed.

I'd love to see a forward thinking technology company take over Imagination. Heck, I wouldn't mind to see the worlds coolest Apple Store appear at Epcot. That is a pipe dream though.

This was my thinking! Wouldn't it be awesome to see what Apple could do with a whole pavillion! If they could go all-out (as-if, huh?) it'd definitely be beyond any of our imaginations. Or maybe not. If only Steve Jobs could've done it...

As for Kodak's situation, all I have to say is "ain't karma a b-word?!?!" Kill imagination, silence the Dreamfinder, and here you are! Lol! ((I know, doesn't really have anything to do with it but it all bodes well in my little brain.))

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom