Kingdom Hearts

Matt_Black

While the games are a big hit....We then have the other issue...And that's *disgrunteld sigh* your average theme park Disney fans where they have no clue who they are, why are they there, And they ask "What's a Heartless?"
It's a shame...And to add insult to us US Fans...Look at what TDL Had in their Resort for the Release of KH:Re-Coded.:banghead:
kh3.jpg

Well, again, video games and the media saturation thereof are VERY different now. If the game is marketed correctly, people will at least have some understanding of what's going on. Furthermore, many of the people who played parts 1 & 2 as teenagers are now adults, possibly with children of their own, so there would be less families going "What's that?"

champdisney

I would love a bigger Kingdom Hearts presence at the parks and as I mentioned earlier, I think a good way to market the release of the next game is to do what Disney did with Monster's University and that's hold a 24 hour party event. With KH3 as the theme, all Disney and SquareEnix characters will be out, special fireworks, themed goodies, etc. It's a great way to market the game while simultaneously introducing the characters to the parks.

One of my closest friends was a part of the Magic Kingdom Hearts meetup/events in 2013, and I spent a lot of time with her attempting to find any sort of KH presence in the parks. What we found? There is ONE pin (Organization XIII Mickey)
pin90998

that can be found in most merch locations and one t-shirt in Mitsukoshi shop in the Japan pavilion at Epcot (which sort of doesn't even count because the merch in the pavilions are not technically considered Disney merch). We found more at the Walgreens (CVS?) next to Vista Way than in the parks. Disney is seriously missing out on a great opportunity, especially with KH3 coming in the (hopefully) not-too-distant future.

Cmdr_Crimson

One of my closest friends was a part of the Magic Kingdom Hearts meetup/events in 2013, and I spent a lot of time with her attempting to find any sort of KH presence in the parks. What we found? There is ONE pin (Organization XIII Mickey)
pin90998

that can be found in most merch locations and one t-shirt in Mitsukoshi shop in the Japan pavilion at Epcot (which sort of doesn't even count because the merch in the pavilions are not technically considered Disney merch). We found more at the Walgreens (CVS?) next to Vista Way than in the parks. Disney is seriously missing out on a great opportunity, especially with KH3 coming in the (hopefully) not-too-distant future.

There was one other pin that came out. It was a Pin Event exclusive and was a large pin...
Mickey_Donald_Goofy_KH_Pin.jpg

Oh how I wish that they would put more into the parks. You would think it would be a great money-maker for them, but they are too busy with club penguin I guess..

Matt_Black

Would merchandise-buying kids even remember these games?
It's been like 9 years since the last one.

Technically not true. Kingdom Hearts 2.5 is coming out shortly, if not out already, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 came out about a year ago, and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance came out in 2011 or 2012, if I'm not mistaken. There have been several spin-off games to keep the franchise alive. As far as actually numbered games, though, yes, you are correct- Kingdom Hearts 2 came out in 2005.

AndyS2992

Would merchandise-buying kids even remember these games?
It's been like 9 years since the last one.
2002-Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
2004-KH Chain of Memories (GBA)
2005-Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)
2007-KH Chain of Memories (PS2)
2008-KH Coded (Mobile)
2009-KH 358/2 Days (NDS)
2010-KH Birth by Sleep (PSP)
2011-KH ReCoded (NDS)
2012-KH 3D Dream Drop Distance (N3DS)
2013- KH 1.5 HD Remix (PS3)
2014-KH 2.5 HD Remix (PS3)
2015-Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4,XBOne)

Although you are correct in saying that 2 was 9 years ago, each game has vital story elements which link in to the main games eg Chain of Memories tells the story required to make the most of KH2, Birth by Sleep fills in the holes for the first KH game and 3D is the lead up to KH3 so every game is important to the series.

Matt_Black

2002-Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
2004-KH Chain of Memories (GBA)
2005-Kingdom Hearts 2 (PS2)
2007-KH Chain of Memories (PS2)
2008-KH Coded (Mobile)
2009-KH 358/2 Days (NDS)
2010-KH Birth by Sleep (PSP)
2011-KH ReCoded (NDS)
2012-KH 3D Dream Drop Distance (N3DS)
2013- KH 1.5 HD Remix (PS3)
2014-KH 2.5 HD Remix (PS3)
2015-Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4,XBOne)

Although you are correct in saying that 2 was 9 years ago, each game has vital story elements which link in to the main games eg Chain of Memories tells the story required to make the most of KH2, Birth by Sleep fills in the holes for the first KH game and 3D is the lead up to KH3 so every game is important to the series.

Indeed. It's a bit like how although there will be a good decade between live action films, the franchise has been kept afloat through the animated projects.

Cmdr_Crimson

Indeed. It's a bit like how although there will be a good decade between live action films, the franchise has been kept afloat through the animated projects.

Not only that they also have the Manga of the majority of games with more dialogue than the game provided so it makes the story even deeper.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
It could do well at DQ, but if they didn't do anything major for Ralph, I doubt they'll go to the trouble for KH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom