Kingdom Hearts

Matt_Black

It makes me wonder...I thought "Ralph" was a box-office success. Was it actually a disappointment?

Currently, it's either #4 or #5 in the top-grossing list for Disney animated features, right next to Tangled. (I forget the placement, but they're close.) Frozen, Lion King, and Aladdin are 1, 2, and 3, in that order, and Tarzan is number 6.

J03Y

It's been ages since I've been on these forums, but I saw a community for Kingdom Hearts on here after discovering that WDW has been releasing limited edition pins for this since 2011 and doing some more searches.

I'm 100% for more of a presence in parks, or really in media entirely. KH has so much potential to broaden audiences for Disney. While I'd want a movie, I think an animated series on Disney Channel would work wonders. Kairi inducted into the Disney Princesses anyone???

Bairstow

It's been ages since I've been on these forums, but I saw a community for Kingdom Hearts on here after discovering that WDW has been releasing limited edition pins for this since 2011 and doing some more searches.

I'm 100% for more of a presence in parks, or really in media entirely. KH has so much potential to broaden audiences for Disney. While I'd want a movie, I think an animated series on Disney Channel would work wonders. Kairi inducted into the Disney Princesses anyone???

It's a bit of an exclusive club.
They don't even let Princess Kida from their own Atlantis movie in there, so I would think the chances of that are rather slim.

Cmdr_Crimson

I forgot to mention they are FINALLY Selling KH Play Arts Figures in the Japan Pavillion for $125...
0fa8840724cd288c7915f9cf43badb57.jpg

Matt_Black

It's a bit of an exclusive club.
They don't even let Princess Kida from their own Atlantis movie in there, so I would think the chances of that are rather slim.

Regarding Kairi, she's not a Princess simply because video games do not reach as wide an audience as movies do (at least that's no doubt the perception on a corporate level.)

With Kida, it's similar in that her film didn't reach quite the audience that the other films did. Furthermore, her film probably holds less appeal than the other movies aimed at the Disney Princess target audience. I could see her getting grand-fathered in simply to increase the diversity of the Princess line.

Cmdr_Crimson

Regarding Kairi, she's not a Princess simply because video games do not reach as wide an audience as movies do (at least that's no doubt the perception on a corporate level.)

With Kida, it's similar in that her film didn't reach quite the audience that the other films did. Furthermore, her film probably holds less appeal than the other movies aimed at the Disney Princess target audience. I could see her getting grand-fathered in simply to increase the diversity of the Princess line.

Shame tho as they did have her as a Face Character...
kida-vinny.jpg

Matt_Black

You do feel sorry for all those little Atlantean girls who grow up not having a Disney princess of "their own" to relate to.

Ha-ha. However, Kida is almost undeniably pan-ethnic, meaning she would theoretically have a broader appeal simply because she's not one specific ethnicity. Furthermore, there are those who consider Kida the first black Disney princess because she was modeled after her voice actress, Cree Summer, who is unquestionably African-American.

BasiltheBatLord

the only park representation for KH that i have been aware of is the statue in Tokyo (which i have no idea if that's still there or not) the horrid Sora costume and the awesome Donald and Goofy costumes around KH1 release and (the only current thing in the parks afaik) an organization Mickey pin.

i'm a huge fan of KH but i still don't think there's anything there that justifies much more presence in the parks. it might be cool depending on what they do but imo it's not necessary.

Cmdr_Crimson

Ha-ha. However, Kida is almost undeniably pan-ethnic, meaning she would theoretically have a broader appeal simply because she's not one specific ethnicity. Furthermore, there are those who consider Kida the first black Disney princess because she was modeled after her voice actress, Cree Summer, who is unquestionably African-American.

And no matter where I hear her I just think of her as Elmyra..
latest

Bairstow

the only park representation for KH that i have been aware of is the statue in Tokyo (which i have no idea if that's still there or not) the horrid Sora costume and the awesome Donald and Goofy costumes around KH1 release and (the only current thing in the parks afaik) an organization Mickey pin.

i'm a huge fan of KH but i still don't think there's anything there that justifies much more presence in the parks. it might be cool depending on what they do but imo it's not necessary.

For a couple years they had some big promotional banners up on the walls at Innoventions East, probably surplus from E3.
I think they're down now, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom