Kim Possible looks to be in Soft Opening

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Hello all! Went to EPCOT this morning and was pleased to discover that they were "recruiting" for the new Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure. Not only that, the construction walls were down around the Recruitment Station on the bridge from Future World to World Showcase. I also think I overheard one of the Cast Members tell someone that they are soft opened now. With any luck, I should have some pics up in a couple of days.

brent2124

I will be looking ot try it out this weekend during my short weekend getaway. Hopefully I will have some pics and a review next week.

Jerm

I know at one point they had said the price was going to be pretty high, anyone have any idea what they will be looking at now? I am not a big KP fan, but would love to play with the toys!!!

brent2124

I know at one point they had said the price was going to be pretty high, anyone have any idea what they will be looking at now? I am not a big KP fan, but would love to play with the toys!!!
Wait what? I never understood this to be an attraction that cost anymore than just park admission. Someone please clarify?

And I am an adult without kids who is looking very foward to playing.

Captain Hank

I had some guests that had participated in two missions. They said they really enjoyed it, and their kids were clamoring to try out the other pavillions' missions.

djkidkaz

I guess my problem is that I know nothing about Kim Possible. Im wondering if this is going to hurt my enjoyment of this attraction?

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster

It doesn't cost anything. When you go up to the recruitment station to sign up, you swipe your park ticket, not a credit card or anything. I did the whole thing through they never asked for a penny, or even eyed my pocket.

wild01ride

(Though I love it so much, I'd like a Team Possible hat or something like that for sale. :lol: )

Oh, I'm suuuuuuure they'll have merch. of some sort for the KP adventure at some point - I mean, think about it: anything in WDW without merchandise to go along with it??? Chya right!

NewfieFan

What ages is this good for? My son will be 6 on our trip this Aug. and we'll be dragging a 3 year old along as well... will it be age appropriate? I should mention my 6 year old is a little genius (and nerd) and this sounds right up his alley! I'm really excited to try this one out...

Btw, loved your review of it EpcotServo!

CaptainMichael

Oh, I'm suuuuuuure they'll have merch. of some sort for the KP adventure at some point - I mean, think about it: anything in WDW without merchandise to go along with it??? Chya right!

The Adventurers Club in Pleasure Island didn't have any for years when it would have sold. Now, the rare things that were sold are bought up like crazy on ebay.

Soarin' didn't have anything when it first opened.

There's actually very little Haunted Mansion specific stuff.

Good luck finding anything Space Mountain or Big Thunder Mountain related. Considering Space has that big store, that's amazing.

Toy Story Midway Mania has been lacking in the merchandise area as well.

Just a few off the top of my head:wave:

Now, American Idol Experience has way too much!

marcriss

Do you guys think this will be entertaining for adults without kids?

Yes!! My husband and I loved it. My 6yr old did too. Adults will appreciate how seamlessly they have worked the clues into the existing pavillions. They were only testing three when we went, and we can't wait to do the rest!

marcriss

What ages is this good for? My son will be 6 on our trip this Aug. and we'll be dragging a 3 year old along as well... will it be age appropriate? I should mention my 6 year old is a little genius (and nerd) and this sounds right up his alley! I'm really excited to try this one out...

Btw, loved your review of it EpcotServo!

My 6yr old son loved this! It's a little like an electronic scavenger hunt, and he loved controlling the Kimmunicator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom