Kim Possible adventure Epcot change rumor

jjharvpro

I like the idea! While I think KP is still working (in the fact that people aren't exactly tired of her character, and people still know who she is), but she is a little outdated. Agent P would actually be a great fit..I mean come on, Agent P saving the world! It's perfect! I'm all for this if the rumor is true.

CountryBearFan

I like the idea! While I think KP is still working (in the fact that people aren't exactly tired of her character, and people still know who she is), but she is a little outdated. Agent P would actually be a great fit..I mean come on, Agent P saving the world! It's perfect! I'm all for this if the rumor is true.

Did you not read my post? :confused:

ToTBellHop

Did you not read my post? :confused:
He clearly thought you were wrong, as do many of us. You gave your opinion, everyone else gives theirs. Did you expect everyone to read your post and rally behind you? Should have started your post with "Yes, we can," if that was your hope...

For clarity, while Doofenscmirtz is often attempting to wreak havoc on the tri-state area, he has traveled elsewhere in the world to wreak havoc, as well. Agent P commonly must leave the tri-state area.

NewfieFan

If this is true, it doesn't make sense that they keep theming it to temporary Disney Channel properties. Why not use a more classic/permanent property or better yet, use an original cast of characters?:eek::shrug:

At least it keeps the attraction fresh! I'd rather see it re-themed ever so often than the same experience year after year after... well, you get the point. KP is a wonderful little attraction but I think it could use a re-theme. And there's only so many times you can do the same missions before they become a little "meh"!

ToTBellHop

At least it keeps the attraction fresh! I'd rather see it re-themed ever so often than the same experience year after year after... well, you get the point. KP is a wonderful little attraction but I think it could use a re-theme. And there's only so many times you can do the same missions before they become a little "meh"!
Exactly--this is very different from a timeless attraction. Rides involve you sitting and experiencing some Disney "magic." KP or SotMK requires that the guest do something to create the "magic." Once you know how to complete all of the missions, the excitement is greatly reduced.

Every successful attraction has a "pull" that makes you want to experience it again. The "pull" of KP and SotMK is that you get to experience the park in a new way. Without updates, it's no longer "new."

Cmdr_Crimson

Speaking of which, did they ever have a Kim Possible meet and greet?

Oh yes..Yes they did....:slurp:
2995998623_20ea2aaf4b.jpg

Kim & Rob did M&G right outside of Pixar place by the backlot tour & Streets of America a few years ago..

the-reason14

Considering that they haven't shown KP on Disney channel for years, I'd say it's time to switch over. I could care less either way, but I'm thinking this is something they could have/should have done/did awhile ago.

PirateFrank

It's about time!!! Given the fact that Kim Possible is pretty much a dead entity on TV and a complete unknown for kids in the target age for this at epcot....and combine that with the fact that every kid I know in the target age, knows exactly who Agent P is....I say it's a perfect fit.

Let's hope it's as seamless a switch as the OP suggests.

HamTown

I say Disney should buy the rights to Carmen Sandiego.

While it's true young kids have never seen the show, the adventures wouldn't need to be rethemed to match current Disney characters every 5-7 years and the "travel around the world" idea still works.

Plus, they could create an educational component to go with it, since it is EPCOT. Maybe a scheduled quiz show at the Canadian stage when OffKilter isn't playing.

"Hit it, Rockapella!"

CountryBearFan

I say Disney should buy the rights to Carmen Sandiego.

While it's true young kids have never seen the show, the adventures wouldn't need to be rethemed to match current Disney characters every 5-7 years and the "travel around the world" idea still works.

Plus, they could create an educational component to go with it, since it is EPCOT. Maybe a scheduled quiz show at the Canadian stage when OffKilter isn't playing.

"Hit it, Rockapella!"

Disney doesn't have to buy EVERYTHING. They already have a large number of franchises to feed and care for as it is.

FigmentJedi

When it comes down to it, Disney absolutely hates their TV shows. They never let them have any life after they end, what with withholding DVD releases or canning comic book continuations just as soon as they're getting established. A shame Kim Possible is leaving from fading to obscurity. Yeah Perry fits the spy theme, but Doofenschmirtz is too focused on the Tri-State Area for it to fit the globe-trotting part.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
This is obviously completely anecdotal, but my class of 10 year olds all love Phineas and Ferb. They talk about the show constantly (much the way, a few years ago, Spongebob was all the rage in my class). A lot of them where the t-shirts. I once mistook one of them for an Angry Birds t-shirt (and was promptly corrected).

I've never once heard Kim Possible mentioned in coversation, and the first time I made reference to Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, I was met with blank, confused stares.

Cars 2 sounds like a great fit here too!

Don't give them any ideas!

disney fan 13

This is obviously completely anecdotal, but my class of 10 year olds all love Phineas and Ferb. They talk about the show constantly (much the way, a few years ago, Spongebob was all the rage in my class). A lot of them where the t-shirts. I once mistook one of them for an Angry Birds t-shirt (and was promptly corrected).

I've never once heard Kim Possible mentioned in coversation, and the first time I made reference to Where in the World is Carmen San Diego, I was met with blank, confused stares.

Don't give them any ideas!

Heck, I see perry shirts everywhere... This series has spongebob staying power... (10-15 years before turning into a boomerang type show that continues for generations more)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom