Kilimanjaro Safaris Down Indefinitely?

phenom1307

Original Poster
I searched the threads but couldn't find anything on it. My parents were just down there and went to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris and they were turned away saying it was down indefinitely. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about that?

mpaul32001

I searched the threads but couldn't find anything on it. My parents were just down there and went to ride Kilimanjaro Safaris and they were turned away saying it was down indefinitely. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about that?

When was this? I just rode on April 3rd. :shrug:

coasterphil

Down indefinitely doesn't neccesarily mean anything serious, as I'm pretty sure thats the standard timeframe all CMs use when talking to guests and the attraction is down. You can't give them an estimated time because then they just get ed if it isn't up by then.

phenom1307

Original Poster
they were there on april 3rd. i was sure it wasn't any big deal, but they were just wondering why it was "shut down indefinitely."

tigsmom

Indefinitely is a non committal time frame. It could be a few minutes, an hour, a day, a week...until whatever the problem is can be solved.

RSoxNo1

With this attraction, I'm guessing that means that animals have somehow gotten out of their designated areas.

nmj91385

Could it be that the animals are getting too use to the vehicles and are starting to get too close? Or could one animal have eaten another one? That happened at the MN zoo.

urbanvegan

I think we know what's going on.

Who hasn't seen "Jurassic Park"?

"Yeah, but when 'Pirates of the Caribbean' breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."

WelshBatman

If it was yesterday... then the rain probably stopped everything and CM's were saying it was closed "indefinitely" until the rain let up (which didn't really happen until late last night).

DiPSU224

Glad to hear it reopened. My friend who is very "non-Disney" is visiting for the first time and all she could talk about was how she wanted to ride the safari. I probably would have never heard the end of it if she didn't get to ride.

RLMickey

Weather

It has been raining down here for the past 2-3 days and probably another day still ahead. The safari, as well as many rides all over the 4 Disney parks, and teh water parks do not run when the rain and weather are unsafe for the rides to operate for our guests. Rockin and Tower were down a lot the past few days as well. Water Parks are closed today I know. It is just a term us CMs use when a ride will be down for an undetermined amount of time. Don't worry!

bates1960

I'm a driver at ksr and we were shut down for a short period because an ostrich laid an egg on the ride path. Sounds like a joke I know but it really happened

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom