Kilimanjaro safari while pregnant?

HongKongFooy

Shoot, some people think the animals are animontronics.

And those types, if adults, should not vote, have children, sit as a juror or drive cars; best if they are placed in conservatorship.

Mistaking live animals for AA's is probably 15 times more appalling than the reverse by thinking an AA is living(which is already close to inexcusable)

HongKongFooy

maybe I should have used common....from what my history teacher told me. The rigorous life of the frontier were not pleasant

No, "common" doesn't work either. "Select" is more appropriate as the percentage of men having 7 or 8 because the previous 6 to 7 died while in birthing labor was miniscule.

Not even Henry VIII married 8.

But your overall point is spot on: life was harsh as the frontier was a most unforgiving place to live.

And I did not know about women dressing for a funeral since dying during labor was a very real possibility. ....sounds quite believable.

smile

Speaking for those who managed to survive gestation despite their moms' smoking half-a-pack while downing the day's eye-opener of Irish coffee chased by a bloody mary

TestyInformalIbisbill-size_restricted.gif

;)

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I đź‘Ť you?
Premium Member
No, "common" doesn't work either. "Select" is more appropriate as the percentage of men having 7 or 8 because the previous 6 to 7 died while in birthing labor was miniscule.

Not even Henry VIII married 8.

But your overall point is spot on: life was harsh as the frontier was a most unforgiving place to live.

And I did not know about women dressing for a funeral since dying during labor was a very real possibility. ....sounds quite believable.

Even if they thought they might pass, why would they wear their Sunday best when the birth would almost certainly soil the outfit heavily (particularly if there are complications)? I highly doubt mothers would want mourners to see them in such a state. Family or the undertaker would almost certainly clean them up first considering there would likely be a wake rather than just popping them in the box and burying them immediately.

Also, maternal mortality even as far back as the 1600’s in the US was more like 1-2% for the mother (each birth) and 20-30% for the infant. Many frontier women were having 7-10 kids in those days, so the chance of death was not insignificant, but going through 7-8 wives due to death in child birth would be exceedingly rare (and frankly suspicious that the husband was some sort of serial killer based on the odds). Maybe the teacher or OP conflated commonly having 7-8 kids with wives?

Sources - https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/50513/historical-horror-childbirth

Dole Whip Happy Hour

OK, I remember being taught this. I did find this article https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/50513/historical-horror-childbirth, not about wearing burial clothes, but this one mentions women making out their will when they got pg. The comment that I commented on, was how did the human race survive when PG women were doing more exercise than walking around, my comment was meant to convey a lot of women and babies didn't survive.

jaklgreen

OK, I remember being taught this. I did find this article https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/50513/historical-horror-childbirth, not about wearing burial clothes, but this one mentions women making out their will when they got pg. The comment that I commented on, was how did the human race survive when PG women were doing more exercise than walking around, my comment was meant to convey a lot of women and babies didn't survive.

The sad reality is that babies and Moms still die in childbirth, even with all of our medical technology. An average of 700 woman each year just in the USA. My grandparent's generation, almost everyone had a family member either loose a baby(sometimes several) or the Mom. And that is not that long ago. We know better now, and if we have that knowledge, why not use it. Woman worked their behinds off in the past because they had to. Now, there is no reason to take unnecessary risks just for an amusement park ride. And someone saying that others have done it and been fine is not a reasonable reason for someone else to risk it. Every woman/pregnancy is different. Even if someone is that 1 in million that the ride causes an issue for. Does anyone think that that Mom is going to look back and say, "oh, well. At least I enjoyed the ride"? She would always blame herself for doing something so risky. I would rather be extra cautious, then take that risk. Everyone needs to decide for themselves if it is worth it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom