Kilimanjaro safari while pregnant?

Snowbird

I've ridden it multiple times anD I'll be 7.5 months pregnant when we go. I know it's bumpy but......it says you shouldn't ride while pregnant. I'm not sure I fully understand and am wondering if that's just them covering their butts or what???? Has anyone done this ride while pregnant??? I'm not trying to be that crazy lady , but just more trying to make understand it...
I would worry about the risk of damaging the placenta . I’ve heard it happening in car accidents and it detached or tears from sudden impact . Just a thought

Club Cooloholic

I find it funny that so many people are concerned what a pregnant woman eats, but have no issue with parents feeding their kids a diet of processed crap. Which has been shown that a young child that has a diet of mac and cheese and chicken strips(what seems to be the "norm' now) has a lower IQ then those kids fed normal food and those children are sicker more often. Everyone should eat healthy, but the occasional treat is not going to do any damage. A pregnant woman can eat ice cream and a soda if she wants to. That is not going to cause her to have high blood pressure. I did all of that, I ate what I could keep down and what I craved and never had high blood pressure gestational diabetes. That is more genetic then because the mom had a latte. If you are hell bent on "saving the children" then look more towards what they are being feed after they are born.
Absolutely right.
Ya know if this were her first rodeo...some advice on eating is.. whatever...but since she has been to this movie 3 times before, I think she knows what works for her.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Obviously, if the pregnancy has complications, such as a bad back, don't ride. But a woman who is healthy and can run or do other exercise in her third trimester can withstand bumpiness.
I think the trick to this is that the woman ran before getting pregnant, continued to run in their first, second trimester and part of their third. But I don't think any Dr would want a woman to start to run in later pregnancy or start to do any other higher impact or stressful exercise. But there are probably a few women out of thousands that could, for the most of us, not a good idea.....

tinker-ella

Yeah I mean I'm not really planning on riding, I guess I was just wondering more for curiosity. I kind of found it surprising that it was on the list but not really from a CYA perspective on Disney. Where I live there are some roads that seem to be bumpier than the Safari. I doubt they would even let me on truthfully.
My daughter-in-law was 6 mos pregnant on our last trip, and she did not ride Safari, or any of the mountains. Why take a chance with your baby just to go on a ride. You can enjoy it when your child is ready for his/her Disney fun!!

Dole Whip Happy Hour

How did our ancestors survive if woman had to be confined to nothing more strenuous than walking for three months?
You do realize that women in the Victorian age, (at least I think it was the Victorian age) wore their clothing to be buried in when they went into labor because the death rate of delivering a baby was so high, that American frontier men often went thru 7-8 wives in their lifetime.....I think that number isn't so uncommon in other places....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wouldn’t...thankfully I’m not often pregnant.

Look at it this way: you’ve done it before.

My wife was pregnant about 7.5 months many a moon ago...and though we weren’t worried at all...it was SLOW Walks and gentle stuff...because frankly you won’t be into too much else.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah I mean I'm not really planning on riding, I guess I was just wondering more for curiosity. I kind of found it surprising that it was on the list but not really from a CYA perspective on Disney. Where I live there are some roads that seem to be bumpier than the Safari. I doubt they would even let me on truthfully.

So I’m “just wondering” too:

1. When will this trip be happening?
2. Ever been pregnant before?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You don't need to be one to chime in on the matter.

Your appeal to an "authority" warrant is way out of line and shows your lack independent thought.

Your rush to reply has robbed you of chance at an intelligent response. Go back, read the entire thread, and try again.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
In this case...does that matter?

This is clearly a “common sense” hypothetical
Yes. It does matter. My post wasn’t an appeal to authority. It was a joke at the expense of the internet doctors screaming into the void. Had you or fooey read the entire thread, you would have seen that.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I find it funny that so many people are concerned what a pregnant woman eats...
Speaking for those who managed to survive gestation despite their moms' smoking half-a-pack while downing the day's eye-opener of Irish coffee chased by a bloody mary, it's a wonder any of us can do any more than dribble into tin cups.

Which has been shown that a young child that has a diet of mac and cheese and chicken strips(what seems to be the "norm' now) has a lower IQ then those kids fed normal food and those children are sicker more often.
The trick is to make the little buggers READ THE BOXES before you throw them away. That helps keep their IQ's near their "better fed" peers.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes. It does matter. My post wasn’t an appeal to authority. It was a joke at the expense of the internet doctors screaming into the void. Had you or fooey read the entire thread, you would have seen that.
You might want to swap out the milk in your Cheerios...It’s tainted

And remember: this is coming from ME!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom