Kilimanjaro safari while pregnant?

jaklgreen

If there is ever an emergency evac in the ride, not easy to get out of the truck.

That is not the reason. This ride is very rough and jerky. At 7 months, I would not ride it. I was just on the ride a few months ago and it is still as rough as ever, especially depending on the driver. Some like to start and stop very fast. I went to WDW at 7 months pregnant and just did the calm rides. At that point on my pregnancy, even walking too much made my legs swell. Take the time to sit and rest while the rest of your family goes.

Lilofan

It's a huge risk and not a good idea to ride. On the other hand, DCL will actually deny someone from boarding the ship if one is 25 months pregnant. One lady from Missouri raised quite a storm when she was denied boarding a few years ago.

Shouldigo12

Yeah I mean I'm not really planning on riding, I guess I was just wondering more for curiosity. I kind of found it surprising that it was on the list but not really from a CYA perspective on Disney. Where I live there are some roads that seem to be bumpier than the Safari. I doubt they would even let me on truthfully.
They might let you on, I just wouldn't be surprised if they took you to the side, asked if you had read the signs, and reminder you they do not recommend getting on the ride and can't be held responsible for any negative effects experienced after the ride (or something to that effect).

Or maybe they wouldn't say anything and let you on without a word. Who knows? It could just be on the list because a lot of pregnant women complained it was very uncomfortable (going by the replies on this thread) so they decided to throw some signs up as a fair warning.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I've ridden it multiple times anD I'll be 7.5 months pregnant when we go. I know it's bumpy but......it says you shouldn't ride while pregnant. I'm not sure I fully understand and am wondering if that's just them covering their butts or what???? Has anyone done this ride while pregnant??? I'm not trying to be that crazy lady , but just more trying to make understand it...
Official advice: Ask your doctor.

Unofficial advice: If this this your first child, consider hiring a nanny.

ELG13

Original Poster
Its them covering their butts and also its BUMPY and you said you've been on it multiple times so you should know just how BUMPY it can get.
We are not talking a pot hole in a car. We are talking about being jostled pretty good.
At 7.5mos pregnant I certainly wouldn't do it and chance throwing myself into early labor while trying to enjoy my trip to WDW.
Official advice: Ask your doctor.

Unofficial advice: If this this your first child, consider hiring a nanny.
Why would I need a nanny? And it's actually my 4th 😉

ELG13

Original Poster
They might let you on, I just wouldn't be surprised if they took you to the side, asked if you had read the signs, and reminder you they do not recommend getting on the ride and can't be held responsible for any negative effects experienced after the ride (or something to that effect).

Or maybe they wouldn't say anything and let you on without a word. Who knows? It could just be on the list because a lot of pregnant women complained it was very uncomfortable (going by the replies on this thread) so they decided to throw some signs up as a fair warning.
Oh man...if I had never ridden it and there were no signs and I got on I'd be surprised for sure!! It's definitely not like what I thought it would be before I rode it the first time. I can't imagine being pregnant, getting on it expecting a drive through zoo and getting that instead!! 😂

ELG13

Original Poster
That is not the reason. This ride is very rough and jerky. At 7 months, I would not ride it. I was just on the ride a few months ago and it is still as rough as ever, especially depending on the driver. Some like to start and stop very fast. I went to WDW at 7 months pregnant and just did the calm rides. At that point on my pregnancy, even walking too much made my legs swell. Take the time to sit and rest while the rest of your family goes.
I'm basically going for the snacks 😂😂😂

MickeyLuv'r

If your doctor has never been to WDW, then they wouldn't know the ride.

Not sure how to communicate this, but here goes:

1. Somewhat it depends on the driver, and how they do each scene, especially the scene with the broken bridge.

2. The suspension on the safari vehicles is VERY loose - the opposite of most modern vehicles. Instead of minimizing the bumps, the safari amplifies them.

3. If you are asking this question, then maybe you aren't familiar with a condition called abdominal separation (during pregnancy).

MickeyLuv'r

Duh! Being pregnant I can just bask in the gluttony and not feel so embarrassed! It's like going to the state Fair while pregnant. Giant Micky rice krispie? Check!
Sadly, a sugar bomb blood sugar surge might be something some pregnant women need to limit, especially if their blood pressure goes up.

Navigating the food of WDW can actually be a be a bit tricky while pregnant. WDW is full of high-glycemic foods like French fries, soda, and raw foods like sushi. Having a few snacks on hand can be helpful. If driving or bringing checked luggage, maybe consider packing something like shelf-stable milk boxes. Otherwise, it can be tricky to find permitted drinks in WDW. You know: no coffee, no soda, no alcohol, no high sugar drinks, no artificial sweeteners...that's pretty much every drink WDW sells. Except milk and water.

Another option is to stop off at a grocery store if you'll have a car/Uber. Luckily, WDW lets you bring in drinks/snacks, and there are a number of good grocery options near WDW. Publix is decent. There's also a Whole Foods over by Universal. There are big box places, too, but if you are only in WDW for a few days, you probably don't need value-sized giant boxes that the big box store sell unless the rest of your family will eat that much.

WDW now prohibits anyone from bringing loose ice in their cooler into the parks, but drinks are still okay. Every QS will give you free ice water, and it will be filtered water. Otherwise, the hotel gift shops and bigger food courts. Be aware, at most places, WDW lemonade is the "Light" kind with artificial sweeteners. Apple juice is available many places.

Luckily, over the years, WDW has also gotten a little better about offering more fresh produce.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom