Kidzone Replacement Poll

What would you replace Woody Woodpecker's kidzone with?

• Pokemon

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Trolls

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Spongebob

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Your own idea listed below

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I don't see ET going ever now. Its the only opening day attraction left and I think the park needs at least a little nostalgia.

I expect Kidzone will be replaced once the new park is open.
(ignorning delays for Covid)
We've got Bourne stuntacular this year, Jurassic Park coaster next year. Not sure for 2022, new park 2023. Then would be the time to refresh the existing park again and work on the Kidzone area.
I agree ET is here to stay. I think maybe 2022 they get a new parade similar to the one in Japan to replace the current parade and Secret Life of Pets replacing Shrek 4D.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

This is really cool! I'm surprised we almost got a Ice Age land! I remember hearing about the smurfs ride rumor back when I went in 2014 and my family that ET is way better than smurfs but it could make for a cool ride.

jeanericuser001

I say keep ET and get rid of all the rest. Then build one huge ride to take its place. There is a ton of potential IPs that would make great rides. Universal needs a new big E Ticket after the failure of Gased and Delirious.

JT3000

So, to complete this land overhaul of Universal staple (popular) landmark films to compliment the existing E.T. attraction, why not turn the Woody Woodpecker kiddie coaster into a Sing family coaster, replacing Woody (and Fievel) with those characters.
The Curious George play area could be rethemed to Ted, the former Barney theater could be transformed into a Fifty Shades show, and a Mamma Mia! street show performance could showcase daily as live entertainment.

Call it "Universal Showstoppers" land or some of the other names I listed earlier. Make it all about the films that really put the studio on the charts (that don't already have existing areas or attractions at UOR.)

You're gonna need a bigger Guest Services.

OG Runner

I would think a combination of IPs would be great. Pokemon, Trolls, Sponge Bob. The Woody Woodpecker roller coaster could stay,
just refurb it to one of the other IPs, say Trolls, playing Can't Stop of Feeling during the ride.

OG Runner

What about using the already established and popular E.T. attraction, and adding around it with other top-tier Universal properties to create a "Universal Landmark" or "Universal Signature" land for the park.

I was looking at a list of the top-20 most successful Universal movies of all time:
View attachment 537266

If you remove the movies/series which already have lands or rides around the 2 Florida parks, that leaves remaining for this land, to go along with E.T:

-The Secret Life Of Pets
-Sing
-Mamma Mia!
-Fifty Shades Of Grey
-Ted

We can remove Pets from the list since it already has a major attraction coming to Uni in Hollywood.
That leaves us with Sing, Mamma Mia!, Fifty Shades, and Ted.

So, to complete this land overhaul of Universal staple (popular) landmark films to compliment the existing E.T. attraction, why not turn the Woody Woodpecker kiddie coaster into a Sing family coaster, replacing Woody (and Fievel) with those characters.
The Curious George play area could be rethemed to Ted, the former Barney theater could be transformed into a Fifty Shades show, and a Mamma Mia! street show performance could showcase daily as live entertainment.

Call it "Universal Showstoppers" land or some of the other names I listed earlier. Make it all about the films that really put the studio on the charts (that don't already have existing areas or attractions at UOR.)
Yeah, Ted in the Kids Zone, now that would be an area to visit with the kids.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Didn't they just close Barney over in Kidzone? Could be a sign of a potential replacement

Looks like Universal is doing construction on the Barney theater. The rumor on the Universal forums is that a Trolls show will replace Barney. Plus Universal could cheaply re-theme kidszone to Trolls. You can just re-theme the coaster and playgrounds to Trolls and maybe eventually add a Trolls boat ride where animal actors is.

JT3000

Looks like Universal is doing construction on the Barney theater. The rumor on the Universal forums is that a Trolls show will replace Barney. Plus Universal could cheaply re-theme kidszone to Trolls. You can just re-theme the coaster and playgrounds to Trolls and maybe eventually add a Trolls boat ride where animal actors is.

The Office No GIF

JT3000

Your reaction is hysterical, but what do you have against Trolls? I thought Barney was a classic for kids, but Trolls would
be able to do a good show, with a number of songs.
Glitter Farting GIF by Attractions Magazine

Besides this crime against humanity, there are simply much better options for a kids area than this flash in the pan franchise. Can Universal secure the rights to any of them? I don't know, but they should at least be trying. Anything but this. Even using old Dreamworks characters would be preferable.

Coolbert

...there are simply much better options for a kids area than this flash in the pan franchise.
I completely agree that that there are much better options for a land (Spongebob and Shrek) and that Trolls will be irrelevant by the end of the decade, but if it's just a replacement of Barney that would be temporary until a new area replaces all of Kidzone (sans ET and Storepants), then I don't see a problem with cashing in on the franchise while it's still relevant.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

Besides this crime against humanity, there are simply much better options for a kids area than this flash in the pan franchise. Can Universal secure the rights to any of them? I don't know, but they should at least be trying. Anything but this. Even using old Dreamworks characters would be preferable.
I agree with you but the thing is Trolls are insanely popular right now and Universal wants to cash in on the fact they now own Dreamworks.

jeanericuser001

Agreed. Honestly I think the better option would be to turn the barnie area into a dedicated character meet and greet with varying characters from different franchises. Trolls, Shrek, Despicable Me, and etc. They could even turn the gift shop into a speciality gift section focused on editing your photos to add that extra oomph to your pictures. The space is large enough and disney has proven that having a place just for that actually works rather well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom