Kidzone Replacement Poll

What would you replace Woody Woodpecker's kidzone with?

• Pokemon

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Trolls

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Spongebob

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Keep it the same

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • Your own idea listed below

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

lebeau

I could see Universal demo the building this year after Bourne opens so the ride is open for 2022. Universal does not have any rides listed for that year. It only took Hollywood 2 years to build the ride.

I wouldn't rule anything out. My point is, I have no idea what the math is. Just that demoing the building makes it more expensive. There may be other, cheaper alternatives that would make more business sense. Or maybe not. I won't be surprised either way.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I wouldn't rule anything out. My point is, I have no idea what the math is. Just that demoing the building makes it more expensive. There may be other, cheaper alternatives that would make more business sense. Or maybe not. I won't be surprised either way.
After reading what the ride will be like in Hollywood I really hope Orlando gets it! The windows of the apartment on the entrance of the ride will open and have some of the pets as puppets interacting with guests, such as Snowball the bunny.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
They should leave E.T. and the Feival land and add a recreation of the Bates Motel and house from Psycho, we well as a Hard Rock Cafe.
I agree. ET is going to stay if the land is replaced. How about instead of Trolls why not a Shrek land? Replace Shrek 4d with Secret life of pets and movie it over to kidzone. Plus they could do a Shrek boat ride as well. Studios needs a boat ride.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster

First official look at the ride in Hollywood! It looks great! I really hope Orlando gets it now!

More footage of the ride!

Jimmy Thick

I was told a few years ago Kidzone would become a Minion's area because Minion's were the "top dog" from merchandise by a long shot, even outselling Potter merch.

And that was coming from legit bigwigs.

I could be wrong now though...Even though all the Universal info I dropped months before others, actually happened before other "insiders" mentioned it...

Jimmy Thick- Yup still have that Executive Gold Pass and nope its not comparable to anything the public can get...
😹

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I was told a few years ago Kidzone would become a Minion's area because Minion's were the "top dog" from merchandise by a long shot, even outselling Potter merch.

And that was coming from legit bigwigs.

I could be wrong now though...Even though all the Universal info I dropped months before others, actually happened before other "insiders" mentioned it...

Jimmy Thick- Yup still have that Executive Gold Pass and nope its not comparable to anything the public can get...
😹
That would have been very interesting. Honestly I bet it's going to be Pokemon replacing Kidzone.

Milla4Prez66

I think it’s ridiculous that Universal didn’t just turn KidZone into Bikini Bottom. People would go nuts, a recreation of The Krusty Krab would be the hottest dining option at the park. SpongeBob is arguably the modern Mickey Mouse as the iconic cartoon character of a generation, Universal has severely under used it but I’m also not sure how good their relationship with Nickelodeon is. I feel that has gone south over the years since Nick Studios closed and may be why Universal has done nothing with SpongeBob besides a store and parade float.

SpongeBob aside, Pokémon would be brilliant. It’s an insanely massive franchise that entertains kids and adults. It’s stood the test of time and the merchandising would be crazy.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I think it’s ridiculous that Universal didn’t just turn KidZone into Bikini Bottom. People would go nuts, a recreation of The Krusty Krab would be the hottest dining option at the park. SpongeBob is arguably the modern Mickey Mouse as the iconic cartoon character of a generation, Universal has severely under used it but I’m also not sure how good their relationship with Nickelodeon is. I feel that has gone south over the years since Nick Studios closed and may be why Universal has done nothing with SpongeBob besides a store and parade float.

SpongeBob aside, Pokémon would be brilliant. It’s an insanely massive franchise that entertains kids and adults. It’s stood the test of time and the merchandising would be crazy.
I agree. Bikini Bottom or Pokemon would be a great idea.

These have been my exact thoughts for the longest time. I feel like an immersive Bikini Bottom land should have been built long ago. The show clearly has staying power and appeals to a really wide audience and demographic, everyone from toddlers to adults. The fact that there isn't a Krusty Krab restaurant anywhere is a true shame. A Spongebob-themed water ride in KidZone would do wonders for USF. Their relationship with Nickelodeon may not be what it used to be but I feel like if Universal really wanted to do this they could work out an agreement with them. Then again, Spongebob is now over 20 years old so I feel like we are starting to move past the point where this would be a great investment. I still can hope though!

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Since the new Animal Crossing game is super popular what if that replaced Kidszone? Maybe Pokemon could replace Fear Factor live? It would be cool to have a animal crossing mini land for little kids and a big land for Pokemon.

lebeau

Since the new Animal Crossing game is super popular what if that replaced Kidszone? Maybe Pokemon could replace Fear Factor live? It would be cool to have a animal crossing mini land for little kids and a big land for Pokemon.

My oldest has played the game non-stop for the last week. However, two years from now it would probably be more dated than Feivel. And a substantial percentage of the population will have no idea whatsoever what an Animal Crossing even is. Without kids, I'd be clueless.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
My oldest has played the game non-stop for the last week. However, two years from now it would probably be more dated than Feivel. And a substantial percentage of the population will have no idea whatsoever what an Animal Crossing even is. Without kids, I'd be clueless.
Yeah I agree it's super popular now but in 2 years it might not. But Animal Crossing could be a nice semi cheap mini land for them to build Especially depending on how the virus will impact the parks. I really do wonder what Universal's plan is for Kidszone. There's so many possibilities.

Last edited:

JT3000

Kidzone is much larger than the Fear Factor theater. Their only options for that space, without tearing down Men in Black, are a new stand-alone show or an expansion of Diagon. And I don't think I'm the target audience, but the fact that I'm so unfamiliar with Animal Crossing compared to something like Pokemon or SpongeBob probably doesn't bode well for it.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Kidzone is much larger than the Fear Factor theater. Their only options for that space, without tearing down Men in Black, are a new stand-alone show or an expansion of Diagon. And I don't think I'm the target audience, but the fact that I'm so unfamiliar with Animal Crossing compared to something like Pokemon or SpongeBob probably doesn't bode well for it.
Oh I did not know that kidszone was a bigger plot than Fear Factor. I'm afraid someday Men In Black might get removed especially since Sony owns it's rights. What if Kidszone was divided into 2 areas? One side Pokemon and the other Animal Crossing.

lebeau

Yeah I agree it's super popular now but in 2 years it might not. But Animal Crossing could be a nice semi cheap mini land for them to build Especially depending on how the virus will impact the parks. I really do wonder what Universal's plan is for Kidszone. There's so many possibilities.

I honestly don't think they are all that actively looking into KidZone. Not like fans want them to be. Fans have been eager to demo KidZone and Toon Lagoon for years. More often than not, they want to replace them with something trendy. If I read one more thread about replacing ET with a Stranger Things ride I don't know what I will do.

If I'm Universal, I am focusing on my new park and all the challenges that come with the crazy world we're living in today. I'm thinking about the additions that are on the horizon like Bourne and the JP coaster. Beyond that, I'm batting around ideas for long term improvements because assuming Orlando doesn't get wiped out completely, you don't want to let the existing parks get stale while you're building EU. But I also have no plans to replace an entire land until the new park is up and running. So, you know, years from now.

Oh I did not know that kidszone was a bigger plot than Fear Factor. I'm afraid someday Men In Black might get removed especially since Sony owns it's rights. What if Kidszone was divided into 2 areas? One side Pokemon and the other Animal Crossing.

KidZone is deceptively big. People don't realize how far it goes back. Ever walk all the way back to the back of Curious George? It's a big chunk of real estate.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I honestly don't think they are all that actively looking into KidZone. Not like fans want them to be. Fans have been eager to demo KidZone and Toon Lagoon for years. More often than not, they want to replace them with something trendy. If I read one more thread about replacing ET with a Stranger Things ride I don't know what I will do.

If I'm Universal, I am focusing on my new park and all the challenges that come with the crazy world we're living in today. I'm thinking about the additions that are on the horizon like Bourne and the JP coaster. Beyond that, I'm batting around ideas for long term improvements because assuming Orlando doesn't get wiped out completely, you don't want to let the existing parks get stale while you're building EU. But I also have no plans to replace an entire land until the new park is up and running. So, you know, years from now.

KidZone is deceptively big. People don't realize how far it goes back. Ever walk all the way back to the back of Curious George? It's a big chunk of real estate.
Yeah I absolutely agree. I hate people constantly saying ET is getting replaced with stranger things. It's not going to happen. ET is here to stay for a long time. I agree Universal should do smaller additions for the other parks like a new parade for studios or Pets replacing Shrek or the rumored Grinch ride at Islands. I never realized how big Kidszone is. I only go as far as ET to ride it. I haven't gone to the Curious George area since I was very little. Kidszone has a ton of potential to be something very special.

Jon81uk

I don't see ET going ever now. Its the only opening day attraction left and I think the park needs at least a little nostalgia.

I expect Kidzone will be replaced once the new park is open.
(ignorning delays for Covid)
We've got Bourne stuntacular this year, Jurassic Park coaster next year. Not sure for 2022, new park 2023. Then would be the time to refresh the existing park again and work on the Kidzone area.

NigelChanning

Sponge bob, Trolls, and Pokémon seem the most likely out of the other options. Bikini Bottom would be awesome to see, Trolls is not my target demographic so I’m unsure about that, Pokémon with a Jeep Safari and a Pokémon battle dueling coaster would be 🔥

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom