Kids of the 80's - Funny!

DisneyJill

WDWFREAK53 said:
The show was called "Small Wonder"

Silver Spoons was a great show too! Remember? He had the train that went through the living room??? (Ricky Shroeder)

Voltron? Anybody?
Snorks?

Snorks!!! They lived underwater...There was a purple one and she wore a red dress.

I totally have Jem on DVD. And I bought Punky Brewster season 1 just tonite. :D My Jem doll's earrings still light up (sometimes, if you bang her head on the floor hard enough :lookaroun ) NOT that I still play with her or anything. Huh uh, not me. I never drag out my plastic tub o' Barbies and She-Ra's and Jem dolls. And I certainly did NOT cut off all of their hair when I was a kid either.

Atta83

DisneyJill said:
Snorks!!! They lived underwater...There was a purple one and she wore a red dress.

I totally have Jem on DVD. And I bought Punky Brewster season 1 just tonite. :D My Jem doll's earrings still light up (sometimes, if you bang her head on the floor hard enough :lookaroun ) NOT that I still play with her or anything. Huh uh, not me. I never drag out my plastic tub o' Barbies and She-Ra's and Jem dolls. And I certainly did NOT cut off all of their hair when I was a kid either.

:lol: I just bought the season one of Punky Brewster as well! :D gotta love that show, and that I had a coloring book with her in it. As well as my NKOTB coloring book. :D

SIR90210

yensidtlaw1969 said:
Dude, I was born in 1990 and know most of those :veryconfu .

I'm not kidding.
Yensidtlaw1969

You and me both. Part of the reason I feel so old is as follows. On my mother's side of the family, there are 23 grandchildren, 22 under 18, so we'll exclude the oldest for a moment. Of these 22, I am the second oldest, Number 2. Today, Number 4 turned 13 and Number 3 turned 13 1/2. These are the next two oldest guys after me (Number 1 is a girl) so I'm also having this ego/"Alpha Male" issue. *sigh* :( *crawls into mole hole*

tigger248

DisneyGrl85 said:
Heather (TnkrBellPixiDust) just sent me this e-mail. It's so funny cause I remember all this stuff. And yes...my mother gave me a horrible mullet inspired haircut. I'm over it...it's grown out!

CHILDREN OF THE 80's:
You are one if:

1 . You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE"

2. You watched the Pound Puppies.

4. Girls wore biker shorts under their skirts and felt stylishly sexy

5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.

6. You owned those lil' Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls

8. Two words: Hammer Pants

9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock"

11. You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales " (Uh Woo -ooh!)

12. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.

14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles " on the big screen.. and still know the turtles names.

15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.

18. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.

19. L.A. Gear....need I say more?

21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing " and all the Ramona books.

24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us... head-to-toe)

25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.

27. You took lunch boxes to school... and traded Garbage Pail Kids in the schoolyard.

28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.

29. You still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence.

30. You remember Hypercolor t-shirts.

33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.

34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.

35. After you saw ______-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"

36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"

37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.

38. You ever got knee burns on a Slip and Slide.

39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.

40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.

41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.

42. You remember Popples.

43. "Don't worry, be happy"

44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.

45. You wore socks scrunched down.

46. You remember boom boxes.. and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.

47. You remember watching both "Gremlins " movies.

48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"

49. You remember watching "Rainbow Bright" and "My Little Pony Tales"

51. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.

52. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool... and don't even flinch when people refer to them as "NKOTB".

53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class.

5 8. You remember when mullets were cool!

60. You still sing "We are the World"

62. You owned a bannana clip

65 You had big hair and you knew how to use it.

Those are the ones that mean the most to me! I actually saw this list last spring and thought it was hilarious. Thanks for bringing back some memories!

Boo's Mom

I can relate to these:

1 . You've ever ended a sentence with the word "SIKE"

2. You watched the Pound Puppies. Never watched the Pound Puppies but collected them and called them my "Ruffies"
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Belair" ..and can do the "Carlton". can't do the "carlton" but know the whole song by heart

10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars... and "spokey-dokes" or playing cards on your spokes for that incredible sound effect

11. You can sing the entire theme song to "DuckTales " (Uh Woo -ooh!) not all just part of it lol
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. I used to wear my hair in a HIGH ponytail: in the middle of the top of my head. was called Pebbles Flintstone

16. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. I just used a hair bow
17. You played the game "MASH " (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)

25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.

27. You took lunch boxes to school

28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets. I have two of them now

29. You still get the urge to say "NOT " after every sentence.

34. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes. mine had heels

36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"

37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.

39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.

40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonalds.

41. You've gone through this nodding your head in agreement.

43. "Don't worry, be happy"

48. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!!"

53. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By The Bell," The ORIGINAL class. I hate that show but sadly I do know most of the characters

64. You used to (and probably still do) say "What you talkin' about Willis?"

65 You had big hair and you knew how to use it. My hair is big naturally

OliveMcFly

Original Poster
DisneyJill - My Jem doll's earrings still light up (sometimes, if you bang her head on the floor hard enough)
OMG I found my Jem doll a couple months ago and was surprise to see her earings still light up...with no effort. HeHe
Did anyone hear ever have a Baby Talk?

matt88mph

I wasn't even born in the '80's, and I know a lot of those things.

You know you loved the '80s if...

...you're still trying to get The Real Ghostbusters on DVD
...you've wondered, "What happened with ABC and Saturday mornings?"
...you taped old '80s (or 1990) specials off TV
My List:
Walt Disney World's Fourth of July Spectacular
Cartoon All-Stars To The Rescue!
Disneyland's 35th Anniversary

and the list goes on and on.

imagineer boy

Forget about those eighties, how bout those early ninteys ya'll! :sohappy: Well, okay, I was born in 1989, but grew up in the 90s. Those were the days. Ooh, and I love the Duck Tales song! I listened to that show every week day. And I forgot about pound puppies! I never had any, but I remember seeing commercials for them all the time.

DisneyJill

Atta83 said:
:lol: I just bought the season one of Punky Brewster as well! :D gotta love that show, and that I had a coloring book with her in it. As well as my NKOTB coloring book. :D

Alright, so I watched the first 2 episodes of PB last nite ("Punky Finds a Home, Parts 1 & 2") and I am completely hooked. Although the continuous playing of the song makes me want to poke myself in the eye.
Eveeerrry time I.....TURN AROUND dun dun dun dun...
I see the girl who turned my world around...STANDING THERE...

Hey Atta, remember those giant NKOTB pins??? Mine had ALL the New Kids on it, even though I was a huuuuge Donnie fan. I'm woman enough to admit it: I liked Donnie, the pyromaniac. :lookaroun

"I can't help it. I am a NKOTB fan. I celebrate their entire catalogue." :lol:

WDWFREAK53

(BTW) My avatar is a doctored-up He-Man figure...

First of all...Ghostbusters rocked my socks.

Second of all...how could nobody have mentioned...

My Buddy
Kid Sister

and the ANTI-CHILD SIZED "I HAVE NO FRIENDS SO I'LL BUY THIS DOLL AND PRETEND" DOLL...

My Pet Monster!!!!!

Attachments

• pet2.jpg
    pet2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 33

Atta83

WDWFREAK53 said:
My Buddy
Kid Sister

and the ANTI-CHILD SIZED "I HAVE NO FRIENDS SO I'LL BUY THIS DOLL AND PRETEND" DOLL...

I never wanted to play with a my buddy or kid sister after the childs play movies, just to freaky looking :lookaroun

DisneyJill

WDWFREAK53 said:
(BTW) My avatar is a doctored-up He-Man figure...

First of all...Ghostbusters rocked my socks.

Second of all...how could nobody have mentioned...

My Buddy
Kid Sister

My Pet Monster!!!!!

Kid Sister (Kid Sister)..
KID SISTER AND ME!!!

AliciaLuvzDizne

DisneyJill said:
Hey Atta, remember those giant NKOTB pins??? Mine had ALL the New Kids on it, even though I was a huuuuge Donnie fan. I'm woman enough to admit it: I liked Donnie, the pyromaniac. :lookaroun

"I can't help it. I am a NKOTB fan. I celebrate their entire catalogue." :lol:

I had tons of pins...of course im sure they were attached to something denim :D

I also had TONS of the NKOTB trading cards!

wdwhoneymooner

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
I had tons of pins...of course im sure they were attached to something denim :D

I also had TONS of the NKOTB trading cards!

Alright I'll be the first guy here to admit it: I supported NKOTB. :lookaroun I didn't enjoy their music all that much (except for Please Don't Go Girl) but I always spoke up for them because.............I went to high school with Donny and Danny in Boston, Copley Square International. They were very cool guys who didn't have inflated egos nor did they walk the halls of if they were "it". Very bright students also.

I also saw Donny's younger bro, Mark, @ school too when he was still very much a wild child. Funny thing: he was a scrawny 5'0" kid before hitting the weights and posing for Calvin Klien. Now he's gone hollywood on me.........

AliciaLuvzDizne

wdwhoneymooner said:
Alright I'll be the first guy here to admit it: I supported NKOTB. :lookaroun I didn't enjoy their music all that much (except for Please Don't Go Girl) but I always spoke up for them because.............I went to high school with Donny and Danny in Boston, Copley Square International. They were very cool guys who didn't have inflated egos nor did they walk the halls of if they were "it". Very bright students also.

I also saw Donny's younger bro, Mark, @ school too when he was still very much a wild child. Funny thing: he was a scrawny 5'0" kid before hitting the weights and posing for Calvin Klien. Now he's gone hollywood on me.........
sooooo
need a date to your highschool reunion?
:lol: (i mean...if mark goes...lol)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom