Kianga makes her first on-stage visit at Animal Kingdom

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Greetings all from the Geek Labs

Kianga, the newest baby elephant at Disney's Animal Kingdom, made her first visit to the main elephant area of Kilimanjaro Safaris on Aug. 5.

Kianga, accompanied by her mother and two other female elephants, will continue to spend a few hours a day on the savannah for about a week. Kianga will begin to spend the entire day on the savannah after she has been introduced to the other elephant herd members. Due to her small size, and depending on where she is on the savannah, Guests riding the Kilimanjaro Safaris may not be able to see her.

WDWFREAK53

Just this morning I was wondering when she'd make it to the "big elephant's table"

This is great to hear! Let's hope she's rambunctious :) (The other baby is so playful :lol: )

tigger248

Great news! I hope all goes well with her on the savannah and I can't wait to (possibly) see her when I visit in November!

Irrawaddy Erik

Kianga was indeed on show today. I will try to get a picture asap. (I have a feeling that Kianga will be a bigger ham than Tufani is) :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Irrawaddy Erik said:
(I have a feeling that Kianga will be a bigger ham than Tufani is) :lol:

THEN I GUESS MY HOPES ARE COMING TRUE!!! I love to see them playing and running around...they're just like little kids :D

MsSnuzi

Irrawaddy Erik said:
Kianga was indeed on show today. I will try to get a picture asap. (I have a feeling that Kianga will be a bigger ham than Tufani is) :lol:

Thanks Eric! That would be great, keep us posted on her progress.

wannab@dis

Irrawaddy Erik said:
Wonderful! I'd like to see some candid shots of her out playing. It would be awesome if we get to her in December.

Mission: SPACE

That's great news! I heard they were planning on having her out by later in the month. It's good to hear that she was out early; it must mean she's progressing well and learning faster than the vets at AK anticipated!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom