Keys to the Kingdom Tour

kasey1988

I was just reading about the keys to the kingdom tour on the disney website it says it lasts about 4.5-5hours, that seems like a long time.

Is it worth taking that time to do the tour?
What time does it start?
Where is the lunch that is "included"?
Do you ride any rides throughout the tour?
Is their another tour that you would suggest?
Generally is it worth the money, time, and interesting for two young adults?

Thanks!

Pioneer Hall

The tour is about 4.5 hours and is definitely worth the cost (I have done it twice). I believe there are 3 different start times...but I always go with the earliest 8:30 slot. This way I get done by 1 and get back into the park. Lunch is at the Columbia Harbour House and is very private and gives you time to ask questions. You will most likely get two rides during the tour (almost always Haunted Mansion and then maybe Pirates or Jungle Cruise depending on the guide). I wouldn't recommend another tour for your first one. I think that this is the best one to go on first and then branch from there. If you are interested in Disney and are willing to learn then you won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0

DougK

DisneyInsider said it perfectly. My wife and I did this tour and we loved it. We got to ride Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise but that is not even the highlight of the tour, getting to go backstage and having a guide to answer all of your questions is just an awesome experience!

Upvote 0

LowesChevy

If you are a big WDW and you would enjoy learning about Walt's beginning career and the people that helped him create WDW. A lot of the tour describes the teamplayers that helped Walt, like financiers, the first imagineers, and his family members. You also get to see some behind the scenes action like a few rides, backstage areas and a peek at the utilidors.
You walk around Main Street, Adventureland, and Frontierland mainly. You get a few bathroom breaks, some chances to sit in the shade and listen to the tour guide. The tour guide also talks about the secrets of the MK.

What time does it start?
There are tour times at 8:30, 9 annd 9:30 AM, the tours tend to last the 4.5 to 5 hours.

The lunch is at Columbia Harbor House. They take you upstairs-where it is quiet. You choose your meal before the tour begins-fish & chicken with fries, chicken strips with fries, soup and sandwich and I believe a salad choice. Plus soda or water. You also get a special diecast pin with the tour at this time.

We rode the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and POC

This one is a good choice for adults. There are no children under 16 permitted on the tour.

If you are interested in learning about the development of WED Enterprises, Walt himself, his support team, and behind the scenes action at the MK it is worth it. It does take a whole morning, so try to get the earliest available time slot. If you are not staying for many days and feel like you would miss alot of other park action, then you may want to think about it.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Since your questions have been answered, I just wanted to post to give a thumbs up on the KttK tour. We had a great time on our tour and plan to do it again in the future.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great answers! Im defintally a disney fanatic (like most of us on here!), so ill have to defintally bring this tour up to my friend in our planning!

Upvote 0

bluefaery

If you are a big WDW and you would enjoy learning about Walt's beginning career and the people that helped him create WDW. A lot of the tour describes the teamplayers that helped Walt, like financiers, the first imagineers, and his family members. You also get to see some behind the scenes action like a few rides, backstage areas and a peek at the utilidors.
You walk around Main Street, Adventureland, and Frontierland mainly. You get a few bathroom breaks, some chances to sit in the shade and listen to the tour guide. The tour guide also talks about the secrets of the MK.

What time does it start?
There are tour times at 8:30, 9 annd 9:30 AM, the tours tend to last the 4.5 to 5 hours.

The lunch is at Columbia Harbor House. They take you upstairs-where it is quiet. You choose your meal before the tour begins-fish & chicken with fries, chicken strips with fries, soup and sandwich and I believe a salad choice. Plus soda or water. You also get a special diecast pin with the tour at this time.

We rode the Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise and POC

This one is a good choice for adults. There are no children under 16 permitted on the tour.

If you are interested in learning about the development of WED Enterprises, Walt himself, his support team, and behind the scenes action at the MK it is worth it. It does take a whole morning, so try to get the earliest available time slot. If you are not staying for many days and feel like you would miss alot of other park action, then you may want to think about it.

When I took the tour on Feb 17th we did not ride POC b/c we ran out of time. My boyfriend and I loved this tour so much we are taking it again on our upcoming trip, in about 3 weeks. :sohappy:

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but when you break for lunch, you are given a special keepsake pin. I won't tell you what kind but it's really cool.

Upvote 0

DisneyDellsDude

Me and my dad took the tour this past December. The 5 hours FLEW BY! It was such and interesting, great tour. We rode Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion. The food was great too! (The tuna salad sandwich I picked to have was yummy!:slurp:)
I would do it again in a heartbeat! (But I'm going to try a different tour next time)

Upvote 0

wendysmom

We absolutely loved this tour. You learn so many odd little details and trivia that can make you a complete bore the next time you go to the MK with friends :lookaroun but hey, they need to know these things too, right?! Anyway...I highly recommend this tour!

Upvote 0

coltow

I was just reading about the keys to the kingdom tour on the disney website it says it lasts about 4.5-5hours, that seems like a long time.

What time does it start?

Thanks!
We did this on our honeymoon in 2000. I remember it starting around park opening. We ate lunch at Pecos Bill's. We spent alot of time on Main Street and in the utilidoors. We did get 2 rides, we first rode the TTA and then HM. We also got to look at the parade floats that were parked behind Splash Mountain.

It's a great tour, but it does take up a good amount of time. I would not recommend it if you have a short trip, but if your trip is long and/or you've been many times before it's def. worth the money. You will learn more than you thought possible.

Upvote 0

Crazy4WDW1

I've done the tour and would do it again in a heartbeat. I loved going "backstage". We got to see where Tink lands for Wishes. I loved every minute of it.

Upvote 0

dizMOM

Did the tour in January. Great fun and very interesting. One thing I didn't see mentioned, when you book your tour don't forget to ask about discounts. I know DVC and AP qualify for discounts. Have fun.

Upvote 0

bluefaery

Did the tour in January. Great fun and very interesting. One thing I didn't see mentioned, when you book your tour don't forget to ask about discounts. I know DVC and AP qualify for discounts. Have fun.

If you have a Disney visa you get a 20% discount and if you have an AP you get a 15% discount. Those are the only discounts that I know of. I'm sure there are more.

Upvote 0

MinnieLee

We did Keys to the Kingdom and loved it. For any Disney person going "backstage" gives you a different insight and all that trivia info that we love. We had lunch at Columbia Harbour House where our Key to the Kingdom pin was waiting for us at the table, went down to the utilidors, saw the floats from the different parades and learned all the little "magic" that goes into the park Well worth the money! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

pharmacyman

I know there is an age restriction of 16, but does anyone know how strictly they enforce it? I would never take a child that I did not think could walk or focus for the 4.5 hour tour, but would like to take my son (who would LOVE this tour).

Upvote 0

disney21

As for another tour to suggest : I did the Segway Tour in Epcot and had an AMAZING timee. Being able to ride the segway was incredible and being in world showcase in the morning before it opened was also fun. It was a great birthday present from my aunt and uncle!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom