Key to the World scheme?

rjs_252

Me and my family are due to stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge in July and looking around the website, I read about the Key to the World scheme, whereby your tickets for the park is combined with your room key. However, I can't seem to find much about whether you have to purchase the tickets through Disney or if you can have your own tickets allocated to the key. Anyone have any ideas?

Fun2BFree

We've done this several times- you don't have to buy your tickets from Disney. Just go to reception at your resort hotel and ask to put your tickets onto your room key card. Now you can forget about worries of losing your ticket or getting it wet; if you lose your room key, you can get it replaced.

Hope this helps. :wave:

Upvote 0

rjs_252

Original Poster
We've done this several times- you don't have to buy your tickets from Disney. Just go to reception at your resort hotel and ask to put your tickets onto your room key card. Now you can forget about worries of losing your ticket or getting it wet; if you lose your room key, you can get it replaced.

Hope this helps. :wave:

Thank you so much. The internet is such a big place that some information is just near impossible to find. Gladly there are places like WDWmagic around! Many thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0

spoodles

We've done this several times- you don't have to buy your tickets from Disney. Just go to reception at your resort hotel and ask to put your tickets onto your room key card.

I hope this is still true. I had several people assure me of this a while back, but when I called DRC to confirm all our stuff for our upcoming trip I asked about this and was told they would not be able to do this at check-in. I'm assuming the DRC CM just wasn't aware of it.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

I hope this is still true. I had several people assure me of this a while back, but when I called DRC to confirm all our stuff for our upcoming trip I asked about this and was told they would not be able to do this at check-in. I'm assuming the DRC CM just wasn't aware of it.
This is a very common problem.

The CMs whom we talk to when we call 407-W-DISNEY are experts in 3, AND ONLY 3, things: resort reservations, dining reservations, and ticket purchases. Outside of those EXACT areas, they're knowledge is very limited. Unfortunately, you'll rarely hear any of them say they don't know the answer or that they'll check on the answer, they just give an answer. Many times, the answer is just wrong wrong wrong.

What's worse is that there's nowhere else for us to call. But that's where Internet message boards like this one are such a life-saver!

You absolutely can have your resort (or any Guest Services desk) encode your outside-bought tickets onto your Key to the World card. Absolutely. 100% sure of this.

Upvote 0

csaribay

I can almost certainly guarantee that you will be able to add any paid Magic Your Way (MYW) admission, no matter where purchased, to Disney Resort Keys to the World (KTTW). Resort Guest Service hosts and hostesses are trained to and do this all the time. Have them handy during check-in to add them from the beginning, or visit lobby concierge to have them added later.

Having admission on your KTTW makes things a lot easier and more convenient. Should you lose your key, you're never out the cost of the ticket: you can easily have a KTTW deactivated and a new one with all the entitlements made up.

The only exception here is annual passes and complimentary MYW tickets, these cannot be added to a KTTW normally.

Upvote 0

Rob562

The only exception here is annual passes and complimentary MYW tickets, these cannot be added to a KTTW normally.

Also, the UK-resident 14-day and 21-day tickets (which I was worried the OP might have, until they said they had MYW tickets) cannot be added to a room key.

-Rob

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
This is a very common problem.

The CMs whom we talk to when we call 407-W-DISNEY are experts in 3, AND ONLY 3, things: resort reservations, dining reservations, and ticket purchases. Outside of those EXACT areas, they're knowledge is very limited. Unfortunately, you'll rarely hear any of them say they don't know the answer or that they'll check on the answer, they just give an answer. Many times, the answer is just wrong wrong wrong.

What's worse is that there's nowhere else for us to call. But that's where Internet message boards like this one are such a life-saver!

You absolutely can have your resort (or any Guest Services desk) encode your outside-bought tickets onto your Key to the World card. Absolutely. 100% sure of this.

You've had better luck than I. I've never spoken to a CM at 407-WDISNEY who was an expert in those three things. If I can get "competent", I figure I'm doing all right.

Upvote 0

Philo

Actually I think you can have the UK 14 and 21 tickets put on your room key. My sister went in September and I'm sure she said they did it for her at check-in.

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if this is true or not though!

Upvote 0

Fun2BFree

Actually I think you can have the UK 14 and 21 tickets put on your room key. My sister went in September and I'm sure she said they did it for her at check-in.

I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if this is true or not though!

Yeah, we've had the 14 and 21 day tickets put on our KttW cards for our last three holidays. There's no problem.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

You've had better luck than I. I've never spoken to a CM at 407-WDISNEY who was an expert in those three things. If I can get "competent", I figure I'm doing all right.

I think we must get the same CMs when we call. Last year I had to explain to numerous CMs what the Yack & Yeti was even in the month before it opened. Then a few weeks ago I had a CM argue with me that there was no such thing as a 'Lunch w/Imagineer' at the Brown Derby. I finally gave up and had her connect me with someone else so I could get the darned thing booked. LOL! I don't blame anyone or hold ill feelings about any of it. I was the newbie in a communications position once, too. I try to remember that during my moments of frustration. :p

Upvote 0

amejr999

I've gotten about four dumb CMs in a row. The last one had to call guest services and keep me on hold for 10 minutes to figure out how to put a room location request on the reservation. They really are a disaster over there.

Upvote 0

Philo

I'd just like to say I've only ever had great CM's on the phone (although I was once told that I could only make reservations for a restaurant 180 days from the date of the call, not 180 days from the start of my vacation - other than that mistake she was great though)

Upvote 0

CajunEpcotLover

I'd just like to say I've only ever had great CM's on the phone (although I was once told that I could only make reservations for a restaurant 180 days from the date of the call, not 180 days from the start of my vacation - other than that mistake she was great though)

I was wondering about this the other day! So you CAN make ADR's within 180 days of the start of your vacation, not 180 days for each day you'd like to dine. So instead of making calls on each day, I CAN call on June 22 and make all ADR's necessary?

Upvote 0

amejr999

I was wondering about this the other day! So you CAN make ADR's within 180 days of the start of your vacation, not 180 days for each day you'd like to dine. So instead of making calls on each day, I CAN call on June 22 and make all ADR's necessary?

If you're staying on property, you can do them all at once.

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

If you're staying on property, you can do them all at once.

Yeah, I found that out last week when I was making my ADR for the first night of our stay - I thought I would have to call back each day to make ressies, but my nice cast member informed me since I was styaing on property I could make them all. Imagine my delight! I can't complain about my castmember, but it's like any where else - mistakes can happen. Having worked as a Disney catalog castmember years ago, I can tell you communication is slow sometimes and simply you have to really take initiative sometimes to learn more about the parks, etc. to make yourself an exceptional guest relations representative. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom