Key to the World scheme?

rjs_252

Me and my family are due to stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge in July and looking around the website, I read about the Key to the World scheme, whereby your tickets for the park is combined with your room key. However, I can't seem to find much about whether you have to purchase the tickets through Disney or if you can have your own tickets allocated to the key. Anyone have any ideas?

Rob562

Yeah, we've had the 14 and 21 day tickets put on our KttW cards for our last three holidays. There's no problem.

Hmmmm... They must have changed the system then. The last I heard, if the front desk tried to put one of those tickets onto a room key, they would either be rejected as not being able to do it, or in the worst-case scenario it would crash your reservation and a manager would then have to rebuild it, which took a while.

The basis of all this was that the hotels couldn't encode tickets that they themselves couldn't sell, such as APs, FL Resident, the UK-only tickets. Sounds like they may have found a way around the problem.

-Rob

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

This is a very common problem.

The CMs whom we talk to when we call 407-W-DISNEY are experts in 3, AND ONLY 3, things: resort reservations, dining reservations, and ticket purchases. Outside of those EXACT areas, they're knowledge is very limited.

I hope you don't feel this way about ALL Disney Reservation Center Cast Members. :lookaroun :D

Please remember, Walt Disney World Resort is the Vacation Kingdom of the World! It can take awhile for a new Cast Member to learn everything there is to know about all of our offerings, our policies, and our booking procedures. Also, as Disney continually expands and develops these items are changing all the time, so even seasoned Cast Members are always learning new things.

rjs_252 said:
Me and my family are due to stay at the Animal Kingdom lodge in July and looking around the website, I read about the Key to the World scheme, whereby your tickets for the park is combined with your room key. However, I can't seem to find much about whether you have to purchase the tickets through Disney or if you can have your own tickets allocated to the key. Anyone have any ideas?

Most (but not all) Theme Park Tickets can be encoded on a room key upon check-in, regardless of where it was purchased. The few exceptions that cannot be added to a KTTW Room Key included:

Most Pre- Magic Your Way Tickets (tickets sold prior to 2005)
Annual Passes (any type)
Florida Resident Discounted Tickets
Complimentary or Re-Admit Tickets
Select Third Party sold tickets

CajunEpcotLover said:
I was wondering about this the other day! So you CAN make ADR's within 180 days of the start of your vacation, not 180 days for each day you'd like to dine. So instead of making calls on each day, I CAN call on June 22 and make all ADR's necessary?

Walt Disney World Owned and Operated Resort Guests (including Disney Vacation Club and some Disney Cruise Line Guests) may call to book their dining 180 days prior to their scheduled arrival date for their entire length of stay (up to 10 days). You must be able to provide your room or package reservation number at the time of booking. If the Guest booked a "Land and Sea" Disney Cruise package the 180 day window would begin at the beginning of the "Land" portion of their reservation. Note that select restaurants may not offer this extended booking window.

If you are staying off-property or at the Walt Disney World Swan, Walt Disney World Dolphin, Shades of Green, or any of the Downtown Disney Resort Area Hotels or Good Neighbor Hotels you can only book 180 days prior to the date you wish to dine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom