Kevin Yee Reports - All the missing curtains

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
...and, lest we forget, buy a Diet Coke from a magical (and period appropriate) soda machine. One of my favorite scenes in Tom Sawyer is when Tom and Huck visit the soda machine and it eats their dollar bill.

Let the memories begin.

I thought it ate their debit card.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
....and over in Florida, guests can sit down on a bench and watch the nails slowly rust themselves out over at the abandoned Mike Fink Keelboat station or count the spider webs on the shuttered Aunt Polly quick service location.

Why go all the way to Aunt Polly to see spiderwebs, they only have to go to City Hall! :brick:

TropicalFig8

Missing curtains...schmurtains.

The real issue with Energy is missing Radoc cubes. The real missing reveal is not curtains opening to reveal a wider screen, but curtains opening to reveal giant mirrors to create a full 360 degree theater. What's missing from Energy is dazzling show, great songs, laser show. Missing is the 'spirit of EPCOT' which meant innovation all around: a theater that moves, the largest moving vehicles of any ride anywhere, solar power, guided tracks.

That's what missing. What's really missing. Malfuntioning curtains is merely declining by degrees. Turning Universe of Energy into Ellen is where Mickey turned into Rizzo. :fork:

Bless this post.

WDW1974

I only go to WDW because its so close....however I'm seriously looking forward to visiting the Tokyo parks again in April :cool:

Well, if you can go, GO!!!

I'm headed to DLP for the 20th this spring. And I'll be at DLR both this summer and this fall.

I'm literally trying to make excuses to go to WDW because since I renewed my AP last summer, I've gone exactly one time. It's very sad when you have to talk yourself into a visit to your 'home' resort.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

I'm headed to DLP for the 20th this spring. And I'll be at DLR both this summer and this fall.

I'm literally trying to make excuses to go to WDW because since I renewed my AP last summer, I've gone exactly one time. It's very sad when you have to talk yourself into a visit to your 'home' resort.

Yeah, Paris is my next planned trip...the only resort I haven't seen yet (til Shanghai opens)

ToTBellHop

Do the Disney hotel rooms still have curtains or have these been removed also? I think that may put me off staying on property.
They are still there but the shower curtains are being phased out.

Disney's Art of Animation Resort will feature communal showers offering a whimsical, high-school locker room motif. Let the memories begin.

devoy1701

I just can't do it. (talk myself into going to my Home Resort that is). It's like once we let our passes lapse, there was nothing left to MAKE US return. Sure we talk about it sometimes...miss grabbing a hot dog from Casey's or watching IllumiNations. But it's been a year and we haven't acted on those thoughts. We were going to stay our Honeymoon night at the Wilderness Lodge (favorite) in May before heading off on our Disney Cruise (which would have forced us to get passes again) but we opted for the Radisson at Port Canaveral.

One day we'll go back...maybe when the mine coaster opens. I think we're getting a BG Tampa Fun Card next month though. I'm definitely looking forward to that!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I just can't do it. (talk myself into going to my Home Resort that is). It's like once we let our passes lapse, there was nothing left to MAKE US return. Sure we talk about it sometimes...miss grabbing a hot dog from Casey's or watching IllumiNations. But it's been a year and we haven't acted on those thoughts. We were going to stay our Honeymoon night at the Wilderness Lodge (favorite) in May before heading off on our Disney Cruise (which would have forced us to get passes again) but we opted for the Radisson at Port Canaveral.

One day we'll go back...maybe when the mine coaster opens. I think we're getting a BG Tampa Fun Card next month though. I'm definitely looking forward to that!

An afternoon shopping at Ron Jon is more fun anyways :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom