Kevin Heimbach Explains It All For You

castlecake2.0

Yea it's right on the money. The parking signs where they just stuck the new sticker over the old sign, sums up modern Disney perfectly. They are so pathetic as a company right now it isn't even funny.
This is where I get curious. Josh says they have tons of money, then we see a sticker over an old sign. Where’s the disconnect? Also Carousel Coffee looks like garbage, again, where is the problem occurring? Obviously the GM of the resort doesn’t want it to look like trash so who is forcing them to use third party contractors to do subpar storytelling? It really feels like there needs to be an in-depth review of how the company operates and get back to basics. This can’t go on much longer.

jpinkc

This is where I get curious. Josh says they have tons of money, then we see a sticker over an old sign. Where’s the disconnect? Also Carousel Coffee looks like garbage, again, where is the problem occurring? Obviously the GM of the resort doesn’t want it to look like trash so who is forcing them to use third party contractors to do subpar storytelling? It really feels like there needs to be an in-depth review of how the company operates and get back to basics. This can’t go on much longer.
Unfortunately its been going on for at over a Decade, and isnt going to change anytime soon. All thanks to Bobs

NelleBelle

Sadly, this video is spot-on! I'm praying that EPCOT entrance parking sign is not the final look but I'm not holding my breath after seeing the disaster the parking signs turned out. That's just disgraceful and as a company I'd be mortified to. have that plastered all over social media.

As for that poor coffee shop...I don't mind a little simplification of the rooms (I personally like how the YC rooms are now themed with the subtle disney characters in the drapes and nautical nods in the pictures). But the resort still feels appropriately themed for the resort. That coffee shop looks like it doesn't even belong in a Holiday Inn near Disney Springs it's so bland!!

Kamikaze

Unfortunately its been going on for at over a Decade, and isnt going to change anytime soon. All thanks to Bobs
No, its thanks to 'fans' who cry online but continue to attend.

Couple them with the regular guests who don't notice Disney (as Kevin Yee said 20 years ago) Declining by Degrees, and you get them continuing to make massive piles of money even if people are unhappy.

The ONLY way you can vote is with your wallet. If you want something to change, you can't attend.

Last edited:

Chi84

Premium Member

Couple them with the regular guests who don't notice Disney (as Kevin Yee said 20 years ag) Declining by Degrees, and you get them continuing to make massive piles of money even if people are unhappy.

The ONLY way you can vote is with your wallet. If you want something to change, you can't attend.
If you’re not going to attend, why would you care if it changes?

Chi84

Premium Member
Because you remember how it was before? Because you want them to get better? Because you own stock?

There are tons of reasons ...
I forget how emotionally attached people get to Disney. I imagine there are few places people need to be told not to attend if they don't like going.

People who complain online and continue to attend are voting with their wallets. They're just not voting the way you think they should.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just to be very clear, these are the old signs that are apparently far superior to the new signs???

1675353767833.png

Such Magic. Very Wonder.

Honestly, Disney vloggers have brain worms.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Triple post, sorry.

Yea it's right on the money. The parking signs where they just stuck the new sticker over the old sign, sums up modern Disney perfectly. They are so pathetic as a company right now it isn't even funny.
Wrong!

This guy is just a liar. Disney installed new signs in addition to the stickers they placed over the old signs.

New sign (incomplete):

1675354050334.png

New sign (with image installed):

1675354092175.png

Future World is a disaster and Disney should be ashamed of its present condition, but the parking lot signage situation is not emblematic of the fall of Epcot in any way.

erasure fan1

Future World is a disaster and Disney should be ashamed of its present condition, but the parking lot signage situation is not emblematic of the fall of Epcot in any way.
I disagree. Its telling of Disney and how they operate. They have no shame for bad show. And your future world comment shows it. How hard is it to change out some parking lot signs? So if they can't replace something that simple, shame on them. Are parking lot signs the end of the world? No. But it is telling in my opinion.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I disagree. Its telling of Disney and how they operate. They have no shame for bad show. And your future world comment shows it. How hard is it to change out some parking lot signs? So if they can't replace something that simple, shame on them. Are parking lot signs the end of the world? No. But it is telling in my opinion.
Except that's not what happened! They installed new signs! The vinyl coverings over the old signs are placeholders until the new ones are fully installed. They did the thing you're mad at them for not doing.

And give me a break about "bad show." If you can only notice something when you stand directly under it with the angle of the sun creating a glare at a perfectly complimentary angle to your eye (or camera lens), then it's not bad show.

UNCgolf

I'm not sure anything in the parking lot counts as "show" anyways. Things in the park that are visible from the lot could be bad show (depending on what they are, obviously), but things that are actually part of the lot itself? Meh. They aren't themed spaces.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

I forget how emotionally attached people get to Disney. I imagine there are few places people need to be told not to attend if they don't like going.

People who complain online and continue to attend are voting with their wallets. They're just not voting the way you think they should.
I don't think you know exactly how I feel.

It just makes you completely hypocritical to complain about how 'the magic is gone!!!!11!' and then continue to put money in their coffers.

I absolutely hated the idea of pre-planning Fastpasses 60 days out. So what did I do? I went to Disneyland instead. I wouldn't go to WDW while that system was in effect.

The point is, it makes you look like a chump to cry online and then encourage it by attending.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't think you know exactly how I feel.

It just makes you completely hypocritical to complain about how 'the magic is gone!!!!11!' and then continue to put money in their coffers.

I absolutely hated the idea of pre-planning Fastpasses 60 days out. So what did I do? I went to Disneyland instead. I wouldn't go to WDW while that system was in effect.

The point is, it makes you look like a chump to cry online and then encourage it by attending.
I don’t think it makes anyone look like anything.

For you FP+ was a dealbreaker so you went elsewhere. Others don’t like certain things about WDW and complain about them but still enjoy their vacations and continue to visit.

It’s not an all or nothing proposition. But I agree that if people no longer enjoy WDW they should stop going. And I think they do.

BuddyThomas

Couple them with the regular guests who don't notice Disney (as Kevin Yee said 20 years ago) Declining by Degrees, and you get them continuing to make massive piles of money even if people are unhappy.

It’s exactly the same thing with Broadway. The prices are out of control. You can’t get a halfway good seat to Josh Groban in Sweeney Todd for less than $200. You can’t get a halfway good seat to see Lea Michele in Funny Girl for less than $300 and you can’t see one of the final performances of Phantom of the Opera in a semi-good seat for less than $400. People on Broadway boards complain about this endlessly. But yet people keep paying for the tickets and therefore producers keep charging these prices. I agree that in both cases (Disney and Broadway), you have to vote with your wallet.

celluloid

Sure it is. a Waste of money on synergy that does not benefit nor enhance the theme of the park. The park's pretenses and mission are over before you even finish parking you care. It is "Here is ten years of film relevance."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom