Kermit has been working with Bob Weis, hmmmm? (EDIT: AND JOE RHODE?!?!)

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
Good catch. It’ll definitely be interesting to see what this leads to if anything at all. It would be nice if a new attraction announcement came out of this, but I highly doubt it since they’re not necessarily in a position to throw money into new park projects, unless they announce something way ahead of time that’s a long term project, similar to the Princess and the Frog announcement.
That's why I'm thinking the Hall of Presidents scenario makes some sense, as they'd wanna spend money to be politically collection.

EPCOT-O.G.

Good catch. It’ll definitely be interesting to see what this leads to if anything at all. It would be nice if a new attraction announcement came out of this, but I highly doubt it since they’re not necessarily in a position to throw money into new park projects, unless they announce something way ahead of time that’s a long term project, similar to the Princess and the Frog announcement.
Or, something that's been in the works but under wraps for awhile, or, a reskin/revamp of an existing attraction that's been rumored (Hall of Presidents, Muppetvision)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As exciting as this is to think that there will be a new or update Muppet attraction...

We all know there's a pandemic that shut down active attractions, delayed others, and pushed off just about every unannounced rumored attraction, right?

That's with announcements of hundreds of millions of dollars slashed from capex.

And... no insider rumors of a Muppet anything for the parks.

I'm tamping down my expectations, putting them in a box with rocks, and throwing them in the East River.

That being said... it could be that the Black Box has its budget, and it'll be Muppets. Most probably not maybe.

Surferboy567

As exciting as this is to think that there will be a new or update Muppet attraction...

We all know there's a pandemic that shut down active attractions, delayed others, and pushed off just about every unannounced rumored attraction, right?

That's with announcements of hundreds of millions of dollars slashed from capex.

And... no insider rumors of a Muppet anything for the parks.

I'm tamping down my expectations, putting them in a box with rocks, and throwing them in the East River.

That being said... it could be that the Black Box has its budget, and it'll be Muppets. Most probably not maybe.

One thing though, if they are really on a witch hunt to get rid of things THEY view as problematic. The HOP thing makes way too much sense. It would be nice though for a proper ride for the muppets even if it’s the black box.

Something is definitely up...that is 4 people related to WDI.

MrPromey

Disney does this sort of thing all the time. It's one of the reasons it seems to take them so long to build stuff.* They'll make a grand announcement about something that's coming not only before they've broken ground but before they've even finalized a design and then we watch as it takes years for them to build something that seems like it should go up in a year or less.

They can announce something today that is a year or more away from breaking ground that can get quietly canceled between now and then without them paying for any construction. It wouldn't be the first time.

I wonder if they got to the blueprint stage for the theater off Main Street or if that never made it past the concept art.

*They do also take forever but it seems even worse when they announce so early on in the process on everything.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

Disney does this sort of thing all the time. It's one of the reasons it seems to take them so long to build stuff.* They'll make a grand announcement about something that's coming not only before they've broken ground but before they've even finalized a design and then we watch as it takes years for them to build something that seems like it should go up in a year or less.

They can announce something today that is a year or more away from breaking ground that can get quietly canceled between now and then without them paying for any construction. It wouldn't be the first time.

I wonder if they got to the blueprint stage for the theater off Main Street or if that never made it past the concept art.

*They do also take forever but it seems even worse when they announce so early on in the process on everything.
Certainly. It just seems less likely for them to announce anything huge when any further parks spending has been seemingly put aside for now, excluding any existing construction projects, which of course are still moving forwards. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

EPCOT-O.G.

Looks like the WDI daisy chain has been broken
F5E3AB79-2084-45F4-A818-C7D67402686F.jpeg

EPCOT-O.G.

Maybe they’re nominating one important person, and one not-so-important person per one? Idk....
I don't want to diminish the talents and abilities of the younger Bouza, who seems quite accomplished at her age. Perhaps she's part of the production side of things? But the other WDI'ers have each tagged both a Muppet and colleague, and Bouza tapped in her daughter. Maybe we're reading too much into all of this?

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
I don't want to diminish the talents and abilities of the younger Bouza, who seems quite accomplished at her age. Perhaps she's part of the production side of things? But the other WDI'ers have each tagged both a Muppet and colleague, and Bouza tapped in her daughter. Maybe we're reading too much into all of this?
For sure.

MrPromey

Certainly. It just seems less likely for them to announce anything huge when any further parks spending has been seemingly put aside for now, excluding any existing construction projects, which of course are still moving forwards. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

Absolutely!

I'm just saying it costs them nothing to promise stuff for the future that they may or may not end up actually delivering on some day. Heck, EPCOT's televised opening special promised stuff we're still all waiting on. ;)

MrPromey

One thing though, if they are really on a witch hunt to get rid of things THEY view as problematic. The HOP thing makes way too much sense. It would be nice though for a proper ride for the muppets even if it’s the black box.

Something is definitely up...that is 4 people related to WDI.

They're not shy about closing things down and letting them sit there indefinitely when they find something problematic, though. They have and continue to do it all over property. In the case of HOP, it's hidden well enough that they could close it down, reopen the front as a store a week later and new guests would be none the wiser that there's a huge theater tucked away back there hiding.

Of all the parks, the MK is the one that could actually afford to close an attraction and get away with it and this one, unlike Splash Mountain, has nothing obvious drawing people's attention to it from the outside.

Sure, they'd have to make an announcement but it could be a fluffy statement about re-imagining it as something that will take a while and that sounds oddly like the American Adventure to close observers. Then they just shut the doors on it for 5-10 years while they figure out which character meet-and-greet would best fit that part of the park back there. 🤷‍♂️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom