Kermit has been working with Bob Weis, hmmmm? (EDIT: AND JOE RHODE?!?!)

TYOTimer

True! It’s still way too early to tell, so I’m sure more will be revealed about his supposed redesign in the future. That is if they even move forwards with that redesign. They may just keep him as is for this VR project which imo is the better option.
Considering how this has been something that has caught people’s attention who love the parks, I wouldn’t be shocked if we got our answer tomorrow in the press conference about the parks

Yes, 1 pm tomorrow the VP of EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Resort Hotels, and Josh D’Amaro are presenting
tenor.gif

Homemade Imagineering

I would be... especially if imagination is a long term project. Tomorrow seems to be more of a status update then anything.
Same here. Although it does worry me that there is a very good chance they’re considering leaving it as is for longer than 6 years, because of the @TheVisionarySoul ’s list of upcoming projects. In fact, Wakanda was mentioned as an addition to WS, which absolutely baffles me, because the number one priority after Cosmic Rewind, Play, Rat, and the central spine should be either SSE or Imagination, but that doesn’t seem to be the case for Imagination it seems. I believe Poppins is cancelled, so that doesn’t seem to be apart of the timeline anymore.

FigmentJedi

You've heard him as Big Bird right? It's like he sounds depressed.

But Carroll Spinney chose Matt to be the next Big Bird. If Carroll thought he was a good choice to take on the role, who are we to argue? Jerry Nelson also personally trained Matt to take over as his characters.
He'd been understudying for Caroll since 2000 and he actually sounded pretty good starting out. I think what happened was with Caroll getting older and more tired, Matt's Big Bird ended up following that and it hasn't really recovered just yet. Like he sounded a lot lighter in those old Journey to Ernie segments.

No one even knew that Jerry Nelson (Robin, Gobo Fraggle) was used for this test for Figment. So, technically 2 muppet performers played Figment.

You sure? Because I don't think there's any ID on who the performer actually was and frankly, it sounds a lot more Kevin Clash-y to me.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

They are apparently for a VR project. Presumably the for the Play pavilion, according to a tweet that was going around.
Hey, to add onto this, I think we can look on the bright side. Figment isn’t going to get anything in terms of a new attraction anytime soon realistically, so this is really all we’ve got for now. I really wouldn’t worry about a complete redesign since he is after all a figment of imagination, and can technically take many forms depending on who dreams him up. Maybe this’ll be some sort of inside out tie in where we see Riley’s version of figment? I’m not sure, but nonetheless it’s better than nothing at all, and it’s good to see him being represented through this VR project.

Homemade Imagineering

Bob Weis also tagged in Barbara Bouza, president of WDI.
Good catch. It’ll definitely be interesting to see what this leads to if anything at all. It would be nice if a new attraction announcement came out of this, but I highly doubt it since they’re not necessarily in a position to throw money into new park projects, unless they announce something way ahead of time that’s a long term project, similar to the Princess and the Frog announcement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom