Kermit has been working with Bob Weis, hmmmm? (EDIT: AND JOE RHODE?!?!)

Cmdr_Crimson

What’s more important than the voice to me is the physicality and energy, and I feel like Matt nails Kermit in that respect.

I also think that to an extent it’s just about getting used to hearing it consistently. I grew up with Whitmire’s Kermit, so when I was a kid and we saw Muppetvision I always wondered why Kermit sounded like he had a cold.
I think the first time when Steve did Kermit on the Tribute special he was trying to channel Jim as best as he could..From what the Twitter posts states they slightly altered his voice and with re-airings they used the original audio..

DoleWhipDrea

In any case, name dropping Bob Weis is an exciting tease...

I’d be interested in a new Muppet reimagining for HoP. The concept for that attraction wasn’t exactly controversial when it opened, but now, depending on the administration, is polarizing to guests. It’s a shame that GMiH went away.

I also keep hoping for another go at The Great Muppet Movie Ride.

There’s also the potential that an updated version of Muppetvision 3D could be made...I’d be sad to lose the last performance of Kermit by Jim, of course. But I also loathe Waldo.

Cmdr_Crimson

There’s also the potential that an updated version of Muppetvision 3D could be made...I’d be sad to lose the last performance of Kermit by Jim, of course. But I also loathe Waldo.

It's funny that many think Waldo started on Muppetvision when he originally started on The Jim Henson Hour..

And the tech was to introduce Digital Puppetry with the company that they now use today....

Homemade Imagineering

Some speculation this may have to do with a Muppet Great Movie Ride. Hmmm. Fantastic idea. If only they had a massive stage with existing infrastructure/ride mechanism that could take guests through various movie scenes.
Interesting. I remember a few months back when someone brought up a muppets replacement for Imagination on a lost thread as an armchair imagineering idea. It may have been locked I can’t remember at the moment. Interesting nonetheless, and I wouldn’t mind it if the attraction at the very least included Figment as a muppet. Even better if Dreamfinder joined him.

EPCOT-O.G.

Interesting. I remember a few months back when someone brought up a muppets replacement for Imagination on a lost thread as an armchair imagineering idea. It may have been locked I can’t remember at the moment. Interesting nonetheless, and I wouldn’t mind it if the attraction at the very least included Figment as a muppet. Even better if Dreamfinder joined him.
Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. But I feel like everything else at EPCOT not underway had paused? Like, Poppins, Spaceship Earth refurbishment and a few other things that had been announced have all but been memory-holed, whereas GOTG ride and Ratatouille have been confirmed. It would feel weird for them to announce a new EPCOT ride while tabling the ones they've already announced. At the same time, not sure DHS is due for a new attraction, and the Hall of Presidents has been rumored for a redux...

Where's @WDW Pro ? I sincerely love his posts.

Disneyson

I think that this is clearly a hint that something is happening -- The videos are clearly well produced with intention, and I don't imagine they would randomly say "Joe Rhode met Fozzie Bear in a meeting" in a well-produced video for no reason.

But- why Joe Rhode? He seems like he's not as into the heavy IP-based trends like The Muppets.

He's been forced into Avatar and Guardians (he's even mentioned it in The Imagineering Story), and has created really incredible works based on these IP. I'm sure he's done more than that, too.

rick_

this is just wild speculation, but I saw in a previous post that OLC and TWDC hadn't reached an agreement on the Splash Retheme due to the Princess and the Frog IP. Considering all the projects that have been cut or paused and that Splash is the only real one I can think of that's continuing, and that we also don't know the IP tied to it, could this be hinting that OLC deemed the Muppets an acceptable IP to go forward with?

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Original Poster
this is just wild speculation, but I saw in a previous post that OLC and TWDC hadn't reached an agreement on the Splash Retheme due to the Princess and the Frog IP. Considering all the projects that have been cut or paused and that Splash is the only real one I can think of that's continuing, and that we also don't know the IP tied to it, could this be hinting that OLC deemed the Muppets an acceptable IP to go forward with?
OLC actually wants quality theming in their parks

*Mic drop*

But in all seriousness, Muppets and Splash Mountain do not go together, IMO. No matter who's on the project, I couldn't see a Muppets storyline working here, although I totally see your logic here.

Disneyson

Didn't Imagineering do a Rainbow Connection video a while back? Or am I getting that confused with 'Brave Little Spark'? Either way I would rather assume it ties to something like that than a theme park development.

Apologies, just saw this - Fozzie nor Joe Rhode were in the "Brave Little Spark" video, so... I don't think there's precedent for the two to have met otherwise? (EDIT: Eric Jacobson WAS, as Miss Piggy, but not Joe...)

Homemade Imagineering

Wouldn't be the worst idea in the world. But I feel like everything else at EPCOT not underway had paused? Like, Poppins, Spaceship Earth refurbishment and a few other things that had been announced have all but been memory-holed, whereas GOTG ride and Ratatouille have been confirmed. It would feel weird for them to announce a new EPCOT ride while tabling the ones they've already announced. At the same time, not sure DHS is due for a new attraction, and the Hall of Presidents has been rumored for a redux...

Where's @WDW Pro ? I sincerely love his posts.
Although the chances of this are slim to none, they could end up prioritizing Imagination once everything that needs to be completed within the park is finished. Keep in mind, I can’t stress enough how unlikely this is. I’m just stating this because everything right now is so flexible, and plans can change like crazy in a year or two. Every construction project should finish before they do anything. Once they do finish Cosmic Rewind, Play, etc... then is the time to recover for a year or so, and then decide whether they want to prioritize imagination over something like Journey of Water, whilst moving ahead with SSE at the same time Imagination is underway in a perfect world. Again, this is just pure speculation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom