Kali River Rapids - what is it like?

dreamfinder

It's a total game of chance. As PP's have said, the raft will turn around while the ride is in progress. And depending on how the weight is distributed will move the raft more one way or the other. And the surrounding rafts also contribute to changing your ride. (Different sized waves and the like generated by the other rafts) So you could take the same set of people on the ride multiple times, and have them all sit in the same order, and each ride everyone would get wet to varying degress. Unlike Splash Mountain the odds of you getting wet are pretty much 100%, so keep that in mind.

rsoxguy

My wife convinced me to go one time when I really wasn't in the mood to get wet. She kept insisting that only one or two people get doused, while everyone else gets mildly wet. On that particular ride, I was the one who got doused. I was soaked for hours. It has been years since then, and I'm still quietly planning my revenge. :lookaroun

skyhawk8519

My wife and I thought it was WAYYYYY too short. In fact, I wonder how many times the phrase "That was it?!?!?!" has been said at the end. Even the six flags that is all ghetto has a river rapids ride that has some entertainment. In no way do you have a reason to feel like you got to where you werre. I get the foresting clearcutting part, but it was SUCH a waste of time for us to way in line.

Not worth it.

Matpez

If you have already been on the Popeye one at IoA you have been on one of the best raft type rides there is. Besides some themeing, Kali is one of the worst, with the one at your local six flags being longer and more fun.

As far as wet goes, Popeye's is obnoxious... you might as well just jump in the water, but the ride is so amazingly long, fun and well themed that it is worth it!

Laura

Like others have said, it's the luck of the draw. My first 5 or 6 times riding I didn't get wet at all...not even a drop of water on me. Then I started getting cocky about it. Of course, my next time riding I was drenched head to toe.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I have ridden multiple times, and I get soaked every single time. If you are not in the mood to get soaking wet skip it. The ride itself is short and boring, and really quite dumb. You travel slowly along a river getting randomly sprayed by water jets, then you climb a big hill, drop down the other side of it, and get soaked. Thats it.

Now popeyes at IoA is amazing, that along with dudley do rights water ride are 20x better then AK's sorry excuse for a raft ride.

Disney4Eva

I wonder how many times the phrase "That was it?!?!?!" has been said at the end.
I know at least 6 more times after my family & I rode it XD We were expecting much more after all the hype we'd heard. Thankfully it was a hot day and we didn't consider it a total loss.

WDW 3

That picture is hysterical!!! I am the one that always gets soaked! We always go on the ride, like it or not, for dd:) What we don't do for our kids. We like to travel light so no ponchos for us. DD also has a picture of her drenched parents from behind after the ride.

tiaragirl

My sister is a bad luck charm. If you're with her, you'll get soaked.

Coming off in '08 we got pretty wet as well:
n1665060024_9250_7575.jpg

That being said, it's the luck of the draw. If the line is long, or if it's cool out, I would not suggest waiting.. and if you KNOW that you'll be going to AK for Kali in the morning, wear a pair of shorts that dry quickly.. no jeans, they chafe!

fosse76

Unlike Splash Mountain where there is a chance you may just get splashed, on Kali you will most defintely get soaked no matter where you sit.

Nope. There is a CHANCE that you will get soaked, but not everyone will. There are very many factors that go into whether or not you will get wet. Weight distribution and timing are two of the biggest factors.

A water ride is designed with the sole intention of getting its riders wet. Otherwise there would be no purpose to their design. Which is why I don't understand people who wear ponchos. If you don't want to get wet, don't ride! :wave:

Chrononymous

I knew it was a water ride going in...but I thought, "hey this is a Disney water ride! It's got to have some great effects or fabulous theming elements, right?"

Right?

If there were any, I didn't really see them...what with that wall of water in my face.

Probably my least favorite Attraction ever.

Victor

I knew it was a water ride going in...but I thought, "hey this is a Disney water ride! It's got to have some great effects or fabulous theming elements, right?"

Right?

If there were any, I didn't really see them...what with that wall of water in my face.

Probably my least favorite Attraction ever.

I have to agree with you there. It really isn't that well themed or impressive to look at. It's sole purpose is to get you wet. Contrast this with Splash Mountain, one of the best themed rides on property, and one that really builds up the suspense to your final splashdown.

Raven66

My family had the best time on it. My parents went on it with us which surprised me but we were laughing the whole time. Unfortunately my sister was wearing a white shirt and the guy next to her kept staring at her. She didn't much care for that.

armyfamilyof5

This is our 8 yo daughter's favorite ride so we've ridden it many times. I would say those wearing poncho's are parents like us, trying to please the little one and doing damage control the best we can under the circumstances :ROFLOL:

BrerFrog

A water ride is designed with the sole intention of getting its riders wet. Otherwise there would be no purpose to their design. Which is why I don't understand people who wear ponchos. If you don't want to get wet, don't ride! :wave:

I will agree with that. That is why I always ask for the front row on Splash Mountain, if I leave a water ride with dry clothes I am totally disappointed.

To answer the topic, about two or three people in the boat will get completely wet. I am pretty certain there is a specific position within the boat that will give you a small chance of getting soaked, but I never tested that theory. Do any of our WDW Magic experts know something about that?

Just pray you won't have your back to the drop when the boat starts going down. :lol:

Springer

Definitely luck of the draw. Some people in your boat will get moderately wet - a bit more than most do on SM. One or two in your boat will get soaked. I agree it's too short, but it's still fun!

BTW, on any water ride, the best way to tell how wet you'll get is.....go to the exit and watch people leaving the ride...:)

Lisalyn

Ok so it's a bit short and a bit wet...I personally don't mind it and my daughter loves it! We learned our lesson regarding the wet factor 2 years ago - we got absolutely soaked! So this past year, got out our Disney Mickey ponchos....hunkered down....and only got a bit wet. It has a good cool down factor if you ask me! :wave:

_Scar

It's a terribly fun way to get soaked- and 100% soaked. And you will be drenched- they don't lower or stop the water level in Fall/Winter either, I've learned that the hard way. And the drop isn't too bad, it's like PotC drop. If you can handle EE next store or even Dinosaur! then KRR is nothin'.

A solid D+/E- ticket IMO

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom