Kali River Rapids closing for 5 week refurbishment January-February 2016

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Do we know anything about the details of this refurb? Is it just general maintenance or are they making any improvements? Did this ride have any lighting? Perhaps lighting is being added to take advantage of the extra nighttime hours coming soon.

I've seen this one come out of refurb just the same as it went in right down to rafts not being scrubbed down. Flip of a coin annually if they do anything. Sometimes it is just cutting back some of the overgrown landscaping.

fractal

I've heard the ride is so short so it does not warrant a long wait. Is this true? I've honestly never ridden it in AK because I've heard such bad things about it? Will they ever expand one day or make additions: waterfalls, animal AA's, etc????

It lasts about as long as it took you to write this.

peter11435

I've seen this one come out of refurb just the same as it went in right down to rafts not being scrubbed down. Flip of a coin annually if they do anything. Sometimes it is just cutting back some of the overgrown landscaping.
They always do stuff during the refurb. It's just generally not noticeable to guests. Work on the lift pumps, replacing the Upramp, rebuilding rock work and waterfalls. Necessary maintenance.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Isn't the refurb over? It says January to February so by now it should be open to Guests.

According to the WDWmagic refurb schedule, it is scheduled to run through 3/17.

upload_2016-3-2_11-36-44.png

Gabe1

They always do stuff during the refurb. It's just generally not noticeable to guests. Work on the lift pumps, replacing the Upramp, rebuilding rock work and waterfalls. Necessary maintenance.

Yeah, I understand that logic. I respectfully disagree though.

Gabe1

I'm not sure what you disagree with. Its not an opinion. It's a fact that the work is necessary and it's a fact that it happens.

And you document that how?

We all know necessary work does not necessarily happen in WDW.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Some of the water effects can be toned down but there isn't much that can be done about the tsunami at the bottom of the drop.

Giant snow globe like inflatables that cover the entire raft? I say that jokingly, but there actually is a Shoot the Chute style water ride in Japan that is fully enclosed, so maybe the idea is not so impossible (outlandish and stupid, yes, but not impossible)

DisneyFans4Life

Giant snow globe like inflatables that cover the entire raft? I say that jokingly, but there actually is a Shoot the Chute style water ride in Japan that is fully enclosed, so maybe the idea is not so impossible (outlandish and stupid, yes, but not impossible)

LOL...that's a crazy amount of water. Could you imagine going on that without the canopy??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom