Kali Rapids now offering complimentary lockers

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Bah, I did the human dryers at IoA several times (my kid absolutely adored them)...didn't work worth squat. You entered wet, and left...warm and wet. Better to let the Florida Sun do it's thing.

BCVTalsJam

I was at Animal Kingdom last Friday doing the Wild About Design tour (Just my wife and I with the two tour guides) and we walked by and the Guides didn't even know about the lockers. There was someone still working on the electronic key locks.
Did you say electronic locks...dd u see if they are accessed by finger print?

LarryMorris

i have no idea but assume so.
a93.jpg

themonkeyisthesultan

The lockers are working now. They use a keypad and not a fingerprint scanner (you choose your own code). The lockers are free for two hours and you are charged a hefty fee (per hour) if you go past it. If Kali's wait time gets longer, they'll extend the time for the lockers.

ewensell3

What was wrong with using the covered spot in the middle of the raft?

My first thought as well, but on second thoughts the "dry well" isn't very big. If everyone on board has a carry-on, someone is going to be left holding their bag. In that case I'm sure it would cause all kinds of problems if a guest were to drop their bag/pack/whatever over the side. Any bets on the dry wells coming out soon since the lockers are available?

As for keeping things dry, in the past we have used those giant ziploc bags. They work well enough, but tend to be a bit cumbersome to fill/empty. This past summer we bought some "Dry Sacks" from Wal-Mart. We used them at the local water park and they worked well. They aren't waterproof, but they water resistant enough. Easy to fill and empty. Leave air in it like a balloon so they float, or squeeze the air out before sealing to save on space.

G00fyDad

From what I hear, people unable to handle the intricacies of putting their stuff into a thing played havoc with the ride's efficiency so it was decided to have people put their stuff into things before they get in line.

That I can understand. I watched a woman fumble with the plastic lid for far too long one time AFTER she watched me open the other side. She kept trying to open the thing on the hinge side. o_O It was one of those moments where I actually lost the ability to speak for a moment so I was unable to help her. All I could do was just stare at her while she fumbled with the lid. :confused:

NewfieFan

What was wrong with using the covered spot in the middle of the raft?

It was never really water proof, water still got in. My sling bag got wet just by putting it in there (and we weren't on the ride yet). If you had something you didn't want to get wet at all or expensive camera equipment you risked it by putting it in there.

RSoxNo1

From what I hear, people unable to handle the intricacies of putting their stuff into a thing played havoc with the ride's efficiency so it was decided to have people put their stuff into things before they get in line.
Yeah, this makes sense - if it's slowing capacity by putting things in the center console, the lockers make more sense. I don't believe that they put in phone charging outlets in the lockers, but that would have been a great opportunity for it as well.

G00fyDad

It was never really water proof, water still got in. My sling bag got wet just by putting it in there (and we weren't on the ride yet). If you had something you didn't want to get wet at all or expensive camera equipment you risked it by putting it in there.

I check for water before I put my stuff in those things. Blindly placing your items inside anything like that is asking for trouble. I have always used the center area on the raft and have never had issues. Although it would be nice to have lockers so that we do not have to wait for a mother hen to wait until she is already in the raft to remove her backpack, shoes, socks, put on flip flops, then help her brood do the same thing, and then place all of this into the center storage area that she cannot seem to figure out how to open right away. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom