Kali Rapids now offering complimentary lockers

wdw71fan

Right, those lockers are free for a specified amount of time because they do not allow you to carry items on. The water rides allow bags, and as such charge if you would like a locker to protect your items.

Atlantis does not allow bags AND they charge for the lockers... Bad form..

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
I know that you don't get nearly as wet on Splash Mtn, but it would be nice if this did this as well for that ride.

rustysgirl

so is this mandatory to use or can you still use the thing in the middle for bag storage? i've never had a problem with putting my bag there & its easier to just put it in there real quick when u sit down. *shrug*

peterpanic74

They've had these at Grizzly River Rapids at DCA for awhile now, and the system works very well. Surprised it took this long to put them in at DAK

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I know that you don't get nearly as wet on Splash Mtn, but it would be nice if this did this as well for that ride.

I agree. That being said a potential challenge for SM is that you enter the ride vehicle from one side and exit from another. I'm sure something could be done but logistically it might be a pain to retrieve your items back.

MerlinTheGoat

You can mostly avoid getting really wet on Splash by simply sitting in the back row (in the past few times I rode it I just got sprinkled lightly). Unless the turned the backsplash back on near the beginning right before the second lift hill that is (which I don't like anyways). Kali is a complete gamble whether you get soaked, if you go down the drop backwards you ARE going to get drenched. If not then you have a slightly better chance of coming off dry(er).

Lockers are nice. Would be really cool if there was some sort of giant drier after you exit the ride so you can stand under it and dry out your clothes a bit. I actually think some forms of these raft rides in other theme parks actually have such a device too.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I agree. That being said a potential challenge for SM is that you enter the ride vehicle from one side and exit from another. I'm sure something could be done but logistically it might be a pain to retrieve your items back.

This is handled elsewhere by simply having the lockers outside the attraction itself.. before you enter the queue.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Now that is some simple logic I can undestand.

Simple is better :) UniOrlando handles it in a balance. They actually set the amount of 'free' time for a locker based on the attraction and the time expected it would take you to ride and complete. So one set of lockers next to attraction A maybe free for 40mins.. while the lockers near attraction B maybe free for 120min

The challenge is now you have these big banks of lockers outside the attraction which could be a huge eyesore. So you have to be creative in placement and to obscure them a bit.

As you have read.. sometimes they don't do it so well. Sometimes in IOA it can be confusing where the lockers are when standing in front of the attraction... others it's idiot proof. And uni doesn't offer lockers for free universally... just where it's required for an attraction and then the time limit is coupled to the attraction. But I very much like their system and it holds up pretty well.. at Forbidden Journey can be a bit hectic.. but once you know what you are trying to do.. its not so bad.

RSoxNo1

And it is a poor quality attraction.
Disagreed, I like Atlantis much more than Ripsaw Falls.

I saw this construction last week and was told the same thing. I wonder if they'll go to the extent of putting in charging cables at each of the lockers, this would be a great opportunity for this sort of thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom