Just what everyone wanted a Death Star Spaceship Earth

21stamps

Seriously I am thrilled you had a great time and found value in your trip. I truly admire your forgiveness of the current state of the park and am happy to hear your visit was packed with meaningful activities. Not trying to take away your enjoyment of the place.
The new park map is a little sliver of it's former self. I am annoyed that Disney neglected to invest in the park years ago and waited until they HAD too.

what is JTA ?

Jedi Training Academy. Between the 70 minute wait to sign up, and the preparation and show itself, it took up a good portion of our day. I don't regret doing it, or the dessert party. I just wish we would have been able to do more, and we were both a little sad that we ran out of time. If I could have fit a second HS day in our trip then I would have.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Since I was only there for the photo op, I was pretty happy with the event. The area the attendees were in was pretty constrained over to the left as you come through the entrance touch styles. The effect of the projection was visually a little muted because of bright orange lights aimed from behind you as you looked up at SSE. It was really wreaking havoc with photos across the board. But at least they did the firing sequence multiple times.

D81_6221.jpg

NearTheEars

Jedi Training Academy. Between the 70 minute wait to sign up, and the preparation and show itself, it took up a good portion of our day. I don't regret doing it, or the dessert party. I just wish we would have been able to do more, and we were both a little sad that we ran out of time. If I could have fit a second HS day in our trip then I would have.

Yeah, if your going to do JTA and the party, you likely won't get to see everything, even with the much shorter list of attractions. It can be done, but it certainly wouldn't be a very relaxing day. Some folks do, however like the rush of going nonstop, and if that's what they are looking for, more power to them.

21stamps

Since I was only there for the photo op, I was pretty happy with the event. The area the attendees were in was pretty constrained over to the left as you come through the entrance touch styles. The effect of the projection was visually a little muted because of bright orange lights aimed from behind you as you looked up at SSE. It was really wreaking havoc with photos across the board. But at least they did the firing sequence multiple times.

View attachment 178128

Wow. I'm really kicking myself for leaving last night!!! Thankfully my kid doesn't have access to social media!

Yeah, if your going to do JTA and the party, you likely won't get to see everything, even with the much shorter list of attractions. It can be done, but it certainly wouldn't be a very relaxing day. Some folks do, however like the rush of going nonstop, and if that's what they are looking for, more power to them.

We actually did rush. The only thing we ate before the party was a bagel from Starring Rolls. I cut out Vader waffles because the line was too long. I cancelled Sci Fi 20 minutes before our reservation, and we didn't get to see half of Launch Bay. Maybe on a less crowded day it would have been easier. Crowd predictions were projected to be low that day..maybe everyone else based their plans on that too?lol

Luckily we actually got saved by a CM with Chewy. Kylo's line took longer than expected..I was talking to my son about making a choice between Chewy or Toy Story, and a wonderfully amazing CM leaned over and said "Follow me." He took us around and to the front of the line.

First time ever that I received pixie dust.. and I was incredibly grateful!

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
It seems like the kind of thing Disney doesn't have to do at all... so I'm happy they do it. But man, that was pretty bland. The writers they have on all these stage events seem aweful and the lack of charisma is painful.

I guess the crowd was too busy trying to film it all to enjoy any part of what they were saying.. because it was like a pile of dead fish.

Well.. its an interesting form of marketing.. and some locals get to enjoy these events.. at least they streamed this one so we all get to par-take.. but damn I'm glad I watched the reply and not tried to watch live :)

Princess Leia

From this site-

"The seven-hour tour includes:
  • A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide
  • Priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Encounter two Star Wars characters (Chewbacca and Kylo Ren) at Star Wars Launch Bay
  • An in-depth, insider’s tour around Star Wars Launch Bay
  • Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”
  • Enjoy Star Wars-themed menu items during dinner at Backlot Express
  • A spot in the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which includes themed sweets and specialty beverages, as well as reserved viewing for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show
Younglings ages 4-12 on the guided tour package can also train in the way of The Force in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.

Priced at $129 per person, tours begin Jan. 2 2017 and will be offered on Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017. Reservations for January tours can be made soon."
:depressed:

Bandini

From this site-

"The seven-hour tour includes:
  • A Star Wars “all-in-the-know” tour guide
  • Priority boarding for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
  • Encounter two Star Wars characters (Chewbacca and Kylo Ren) at Star Wars Launch Bay
  • An in-depth, insider’s tour around Star Wars Launch Bay
  • Screening of “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi”
  • Enjoy Star Wars-themed menu items during dinner at Backlot Express
  • A spot in the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party, which includes themed sweets and specialty beverages, as well as reserved viewing for the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks show
Younglings ages 4-12 on the guided tour package can also train in the way of The Force in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple.

Priced at $129 per person, tours begin Jan. 2 2017 and will be offered on Mondays and Saturdays throughout 2017. Reservations for January tours can be made soon."
:depressed:
Sounds like enough activities for a 3-4 hour tour max.

Princess Leia

Sounds like enough activities for a 3-4 hour tour max.
Like, don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars. I was practically raised on it. I taught myself how to use the internet at a very young age by surfing the Star Wars website. 2 out of the last 3 Halloweens, I've been a Star Wars character (Leia and Rey). If this was a better, shorter, and less expensive tour, I might consider doing this. But I can't with what's offered right now.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom