Just what everyone wanted a Death Star Spaceship Earth

dennis-in-ct

the actor who spoke before the death star appeared was very good. Also, the death star shooting the green laser was well done.

The whole thing was a commercial for the movie and an obvious desperate attempt to increase attendance at Hollywood Studios. Still shocking they are charging full price for admission while most of the park is closed. The face slap moment was the 7 hour star wars guided tour being offered that includes a fast service food place and a dessert viewing area for the projection show. So .... Not only is this park NOT worth a visit at this moment in time, the audacity to upsell the customer on a tour just reeks of greed.

Last edited:

dennis-in-ct

deathstar.jpg
deathstar_1.jpg

Mike S

the actor who spoke before the death star appeared was very good. Also, the death star shooting the green laser was also well done.

The whole thing was a commercial for the movie and an obvious desperate attempt to increase attendance at Hollywood Studios. Still shocking they are charging full price for admission while most of the park is closed. The face slap moment was the 7 hour star wars guided tour being offered that includes a fast service food place and a dessert viewing area for the projection show. So .... Not only is this park NOT worth a visit at this moment in time, the audacity to upsell the customer on a tour just reeks of greed.
Then why was it at Epcot...?

21stamps

the actor who spoke before the death star appeared was very good. Also, the death star shooting the green laser was well done.

I was at DHS on 11/28. It was packed. We were there from open to close and didn't even accomplish half of all that we wanted to do.

SorcererMC

the actor who spoke before the death star appeared was very good.
That would be Mads Mikkelsen (also was in Dr. Strange). Only redeeming aspect of that livecast. ETA: the pics look better.

Yes, I watched. Apparently, I'm a glutton for punishment because who wants to miss an upcharge announcement event? (Benches 2.0?)

Kid's (13 yrs old) reaction: well, that was worth what I paid to see it.

21stamps

That would be Mads Mikkelsen (also was in Dr. Strange). Only redeeming aspect of that livecast. ETA: the pics look better.

Yes, I watched. Apparently, I'm a glutton for punishment because who wants to miss an upcharge announcement event? (Benches 2.0?)

Kid's (13 yrs old) reaction: well, that was worth what I paid to see it.
I can't even tell my son that we left 1 night before this happened. He would be furious with me.lol

dennis-in-ct

I was at DHS on 11/28. It was packed. We were there from open to close and didn't even accomplish half of all that we wanted to do.

I admire your ability to not ride the five attractions and three shows and two exhibits they have in 8 hours. We know how to hustle when at the parks.
- Tower
- Rockin Rollercoaster
- Star Tours
- Great Movie Ride
- Midway Mania
- Indiana Jones
- Beauty and beast
- Little Mermaid
- Launch Bay
- Walts Dream

and I of course Fantasmic ...

so 11 things in 8 hours was a bit much

spectromagic04

I admire your ability to not ride the five attractions and three shows and two exhibits they have in 8 hours. We know how to hustle when at the parks.
- Tower
- Rockin Rollercoaster
- Star Tours
- Great Movie Ride
- Midway Mania
- Indiana Jones
- Beauty and beast
- Little Mermaid
- Launch Bay
- Walts Dream

Don't forget Muppet Vision 3D and the Frozen show.

21stamps

- Tower
- Rockin Rollercoaster
- Star Tours
- Great Movie Ride
- Midway Mania
- Indiana Jones
- Beauty and beast
- Little Mermaid
- Launch Bay
- Walts Dream

We did JTA. 70 minutes in line to sign up.
JBJB dessert party. Didn't even check in until 6pm, which is later than we were supposed to.
Rockin' Rollercoaster.
ToT.
Toy Story (only bc we were given an anytime FP at JTA sign ups, if not we would have been sol)
Star Tours.
Launch Bay.
Olaf.
Storm Troopers March.
Star Wars Show.

Wanted to do the Frozen sing a long, and all of the others that you mentioned. Unfortunately we ran out of time. I even paid a penalty to miss our Sci Fi reservation so we could meet Chewbacca.

dennis-in-ct

We did JTA. 70 minutes in line to sign up.
JBJB dessert party. Didn't even check in until 6pm, which is later than we were supposed to.
Rockin' Rollercoaster.
ToT.
Toy Story (only bc we were given an anytime FP at JTA sign ups, if not we would have been sol)
Star Tours.
Launch Bay.
Olaf.
Storm Troopers March.
Star Wars Show.

Wanted to do the Frozen sing a long, and all of the others that you mentioned. Unfortunately we ran out of time. I even paid a penalty to miss our Sci Fi reservation so we could meet Chewbacca.

Seriously I am thrilled you had a great time and found value in your trip. I truly admire your forgiveness of the current state of the park and am happy to hear your visit was packed with meaningful activities. Not trying to take away your enjoyment of the place.
The new park map is a little sliver of it's former self. I am annoyed that Disney neglected to invest in the park years ago and waited until they HAD too.

what is JTA ?

Luxe

Seriously I am thrilled you had a great time and found value in your trip. I truly admire your forgiveness of the current state of the park and am happy to hear your visit was packed with meaningful activities. Not trying to take away your enjoyment of the place.
The new park map is a little sliver of it's former self. I am annoyed that Disney neglected to invest in the park years ago and waited until they HAD too.

what is JTA ?
Jedi Training Academy. Or as I like to call it, Extremely Disappointed Dad Academy. Make one for adults Disney, you know everyone wants it so just do it already!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom