Just Went on Soarin'

CaliSurfer182

Waiting to ride Soarin' is like waiting for Christmas. I just missed my AP preview for Soarin' because I was out to sea, which makes me all the more impatient. So my question is if they are still letting people ride it before May 5, when would I have a better chance of riding it this Saturday or this Sunday?

brich

If you are afraid of hieghts, don't worry, I would request row 3 in A, B, or C, just to be safe, but everything else is so imersive, you forget about the hieghts, even on the top. The actual ride vechile is like an oversized ski-lift chair that moves as smooth as silk.
Thanks for the great advice. Appreciate it. Oh I can't wait till October!!! :sohappy:

njblackberry

Just got back from Epcot around 2 hours ago. A last minute trip, and we got to ride Soarin'. Words like Wow and Awesome really don't do it justice. It was simply incredible. We went to the park late (but parked way up front), and got to The Land around 4PM. It was a 45 minute wait, so we got a FP for 5:35. Did the rest of the Land (and, to be honest, a few spots by the boats could use a little paint - didn't they just refurbish the Land?), went to the Figment Meet and Greet (I was the only one there - I hope the pictures come up. I had to use something called film because I left my digital cameras at home since I am down here *cough cough* at a conference for work) and then back over to Soarin'.

The queue line could use a little color. It is bland (I guess I have been hanging out here too much). About a 15 minutes wait even with the FP.

Every other accolade everyone else has said is right on. Smooth. Perfect sync with the movie and sound. And I didn't lift my feet up when they went down to the river - I tried to dip my toes. The woman sitting on my left had just had a bad experience on M:S, and she was fine on it. The guy on my right weighed well over 300 pounds, and he loved it.

And the ending is not to be believed (whetting the appetite). Can't wait to bring my family to it in September.

Fantastic.

Oh yeah, Epcot Flower and Garden is beautiful, too :)

Cosmo

Original Poster
We were at epcot on monday april 18, we went into the Land at around 240 or so and the wait was about 15-20 minutes.

KingStefan

njblackberry said:
Just got back from Epcot around 2 hours ago. ...
Oh yeah, Epcot Flower and Garden is beautiful, too :)
Thanks so much for the report! Sounds great!

It looks like soft openings are continuing, contrary to some other reports. That makes me very happy, because I'll be there next week :D . Can't wait!

Lokheed

Am I really the only person that was constantly distracted by having a row of dangling feet across the top of my field of vision? Throughout the whole flight, all I could think was "wow, that's a nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge... with feet floating over it; wow, that's a nice view of the mountains...with feet floating over it; etc."

I was in the middle row of the middle group, so pretty much dead center of the ride. The film was amazing, and the movement was smooth as silk, but dang that row of dangling feet in front of me just took me right out of the experience every few seconds.

soin2disney

can't wait, but what about motion sickness????

How would the ride be for someone with slight motion sickness... I get dizzy easy????????????? thanx

dmmgp2000

Lokheed said:
Am I really the only person that was constantly distracted by having a row of dangling feet across the top of my field of vision? Throughout the whole flight, all I could think was "wow, that's a nice view of the Golden Gate Bridge... with feet floating over it; wow, that's a nice view of the mountains...with feet floating over it; etc."

I was in the middle row of the middle group, so pretty much dead center of the ride. The film was amazing, and the movement was smooth as silk, but dang that row of dangling feet in front of me just took me right out of the experience every few seconds.

I agree with you. I think I just got spoiled because the first 4 times I rode Soarin', I was in row 1, so no feet. When I rode it on Monday, I was in B2, so I saw like 11 pairs of feet dangling in front of me. I just tried to focus on the screen and ignore the feet. Also, where I was sitting, the people in row A 2 (to my left) were also distracting. I guess it's kinda like Mission Space: Keep your head back, look straight ahead...etc....hehe.

Lokheed

My fiancee usually has troubles with motion simulator rides, and she loved it. She wasn't bothered by the motion at all, there are no sharp or sudden movements just slow graceful ones.

tomm4004

We were fortunate to have multiple rides during the AP preview, and sit in all three rows. Each has their own positives, but I think I liked row 1 the best. It is a very fun ride and will have wide appeal. I hope it has lasting appeal as movie based attractions do seem to tire faster. The idea here seems to be to get people on, give them a 4-minute thrill, and get them off. There's no story, or preshow or any sense of point to the ride (why do you have a flight attendant on a hang glider?), or any explanation of where you are going or why you are going there, but I doubt people will care. (going over the golf course and desert scene the person beside me said, "That's Arizona.") This may be a harbinger of attractions to come - sensations without story. But the ride is fun enough to make up for this.

We were on for one breakdown. During the snow scene, the film cut out and we were dramatically hurled back to earth. The rightside rows were still stuck up there and it took five minutes to get them down. Then they shut the ride down. The zipping back to the ground was actually pretty exciting as it certainly wasn't expected.

dandaman

Interesting... I've never been on Soarin', and I'm the one that catches a Hidden Mickey on the ride...
Look at the video that scottnj1966 posted, and during the Disneyland fireworks segment, look for the mouse in the sky.
The Hidden Mickey hunting never dies... :lol:

RPMdfw

dandaman said:
Interesting... I've never been on Soarin', and I'm the one that catches a Hidden Mickey on the ride...
Look at the video that scottnj1966 posted, and during the Disneyland fireworks segment, look for the mouse in the sky.
The Hidden Mickey hunting never dies... :lol:

Look even closer as the golf ball flies past you in the desert. There's a Hidden Mickey on it as well. But you have to look REALLY fast to catch it.

goofyfan13

RPMdfw said:
Look even closer as the golf ball flies past you in the desert. There's a Hidden Mickey on it as well. But you have to look REALLY fast to catch it.

I noticed the black spot, and was like, thats the Hidden Mickey I heard about! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom