Just watched new Disney planning DVD!!

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Original Poster
I finally got the new 2005 Disney planning DVD! It took 50 minutes to watch it straight through. There were tons of extra features....a trivia game, info about Disneyland, the cruise line, all the resorts, etc. They did a nice job of explaining the new attractions....Soarin and the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show. They also explained the Magic Your Way ticket system and the Magical Express service. There were four narrators. When I was at WDW at the end of September those 4 were taping something in front of the castle....at the time wasn't sure what it was...thought it might have been for a new DVD which it was. There is also a vacation planning CD Rom included in the kit....haven't tried that out yet. Just thought I'd let everyone know about it.

:)

Raven66

We just watched it as well. I loved it! Yeah, it's not the same as some of the others but it was still good. The hosts made us excited to be there (like we need any help :lookaroun ) because they were so happy about being there. I can't wait to watch it again. I thought the Dave (relaxing guy) and Luke (thrill guy) were funny. The girls Erin and Stacy did a great job as well. I just wish May would hurry up and get here!!! :zipit:

Lennyg512

I got my Walt Disney World Resort Planning DVD yesterday. I watched it and it was pretty good. I liked all of the extra features on it. The info about the parks was ok. The people on the DVD began to be annoying after a while and it reminded me of Krissa on the Walt Disney World TV. Still, it was pretty good and I'm not complaining. Walt Disney World is great no matter what!!!

SirNim

The CD-ROM has information about the resorts, the ticket system, etc. Each resort has its own section complete with 360-degree panoramic views, theme music, 2005 rates, room and dining information, and the like.

Lennyg512

Question: Does the second disc have to be used on the computer, or can it be used in a DVD player? When I put mine in the DVD player, it did not work all too well.

Thank you for your time.

RCMAN2001

Sounds great. I cant wait to get mine.

BTW, you said that they have info on disneyland? Like what? What do they talk about? Thanks.

SirNim

Lennyg512 said:
Question: Does the second disc have to be used on the computer, or can it be used in a DVD player? When I put mine in the DVD player, it did not work all too well.

Thank you for your time.
I believe CD-ROMs must be used on a computer. Don't quote me, though, since DVD players can play CDs. But the CD-ROM has built-in links to the WDW website, so I assume it can only be played on a computer. ;)

tirian

CD-ROMS must be played on a computer. Only CDs can be played on DVD players. Some players can also read the DVD-ROM format; but these are relatively uncommon.

matt88mph

I got mine today. Looks pretty sweet. The trivia game was pretty cool. I'm just a little upset that it seems that they're doing more for WDW for the celebration than DL. I mean, DL is the one turning fifty, right? Other than that, the DVD was a class act all the way.

tirian

This is kind of a crossover from another thread, but since many of us have been discussing it...

does the new DVD show Spaceship Earth with or without the wand?

nicholas

I watched it last night, and thought the thrill guy was obnoxious. I was barely able to make it though his scenes and actually had to fastforward through some of them. He needed to tone it down a bit.

If I remember correctly, SSE was only shown with the wand once. All other times, without.

SewIn2Disney

That video was one of the best I've ever seen! I like the new design, and all of the new footage. My sister liked the thrill guy, and kept saying he was hot. Overall, the hosts seemed genuine, not forced like in previous planning video's.

I did notice one error. During one of the "fastpass" scenes, they show the guy putting in a fastpass, and out came out one of the "error" fastpasses (the one that comes out when you are holding too many fastpasses at one time), then he used it to go on one of the mountains in MK.....thought that was funny.

monorail_man

Account Suspended
SirNim said:
The CD-ROM has information about the resorts, the ticket system, etc. Each resort has its own section complete with 360-degree panoramic views, theme music, 2005 rates, room and dining information, and the like.

I think it' smore of a 180 deg view. at leat the one I got is. The Contemporary only looked from one monorail door to the other.

mkepcotmgmak

quick question, during the mgm part of the dvd, is there anything about star wars, with footage of chewbacca? my great friend chewie filmed a commercial during star wars weekends, and i was wondering if it is on this dvd!?!?!?

NADisney

We got ours in the mail also,It was funny how they brought the 70's graphics back.Pluss the Disneyland 50th preview was way much better then the WDW planning. The game was fun to play and seeing some of the new attractions and shows for 2005 was nice.

WDWScottieBoy

I'm still waiting for mine and can't wait to watch it. It sounds like it's a really good one this year; I might have to watch it several times. Hopefully my WDW, DCL, DL and DLP trips will all happen within the 50th anniv. as well.

WDWRLD

I thought the new material was great. However I was very dissapointed how Port Orleans Riverside was lumped under the PORFQ. I know that it is part pr "PO" but if you didnt know any better you wouldnt even know it was there. It seemed that all pics of rooms shown was of FQ with none of RS. Also SSE was only shown once with the wand at night when they were highlighting Illuminations. Every other time it appeared to be filmed at angles that you could not see the wand.

mkepcotmgmak

mkepcotmgmak said:
quick question, during the mgm part of the dvd, is there anything about star wars, with footage of chewbacca? my great friend chewie filmed a commercial during star wars weekends, and i was wondering if it is on this dvd!?!?!?
-in case it didn't get seen...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom