Just watched new Disney planning DVD!!

KentB3

I got my DVD last Thursday and really enjoyed it a lot! The DVD is so much better and more helpful than the old VHS tapes used for the WDW Vacation Planners!

BTW, I'm just about certain that Luke's on-air persona was modeled after the Dell Dude! There were so many similarities in sayings, mannerisms, and even a somewhat similar resemblance! Almost creepy in fact! :lol:

Pioneer Hall

I liked the DVD this year, and it reminded me a lot of the top 7 countdown at WDW. I just don't love the format they are taking with these things now. The quick constant cuts. You don't get to see one frame for more than a second unless someone is talking. And if they are talking the camera is usually right in their face that you can practically see up their noses.

dxwwf3

If you guys like The Top 7 Show from the resorts, then you'll probably like this one. I got it today and I watched about 15 minutes of it before I turned it off. Not everyone that goes to WDW is under 15. Whatever happened to doing these things for the whole family? It's like a freaking MTV video. The video is hosted by Kryssa's Evil Step Sister, Brother, Mother, and lazy father. I swear they are all from the same family.

I'm sure little 6 year old girls will like this video (And I'm sure there are others that will like it as well and THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT), but I think that these new Disney promo videos (This and 7 Top Attractions) do not give possible guests a good perspective on what WDW is really like. If I were just a regular, never been to WDW 20 year old and I watched this video, there is no way that I would want to go. And I'm sure others would feel the same way. Sure the old videos weren't completely corny free, but they were much more geared to everyone in the family, not just kids.
And that is a sterotype that Disney should try to overcome, not embrace.

Atta83

mkepcotmgmak said:
quick question, during the mgm part of the dvd, is there anything about star wars, with footage of chewbacca? my great friend chewie filmed a commercial during star wars weekends, and i was wondering if it is on this dvd!?!?!?
Nope I didnt see anything about star wars....sorry ....
We just got ours today! :)

BrerRabbit512

The video was great compared to last years. I found it a lot more amusing listening to what they hosts had to say. Just Luke...what was up with his exaggerated arm motions?? Well anyways...am i the only one but in the Resort section i believe in the Home away From Home menu, if you click on like Boardwalk Villas, and 2 other hotels it will play Beachclub villas(i think that is what its called correct me if i am wrong). I don't know if i am the only one with this problem or not..because if i am then i want to sent out for another DVD..(there are a few other scratches on it too)...
brer

matt88mph

SewIn2Disney said:
I did notice one error. During one of the "fastpass" scenes, they show the guy putting in a fastpass, and out came out one of the "error" fastpasses (the one that comes out when you are holding too many fastpasses at one time), then he used it to go on one of the mountains in MK.....thought that was funny.
Even funnier...they spliced together footage of him getting an invalid FASTPASS at Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, and then going on Space Mountain.

CTXRover

Got mine today. Watched parts of it. Overall, well done. I actually like Kryssa and the top 7 must sees, and this was kind of on that level...although the "thrill" guy was a little too over the top and became obnoxious after a while. I also liked the additions about the new attractions coming this year.

However, I found last year's DVD section that covered the parks more sophisticated and better overall. Something more you could "dream" over :lol: I also liked the resort section of last year's DVD better than the new one as there were options to view a "slide show" of the rooms and grounds of each resort and I didn't see that as part of the new DVD. I also miss the special feature from last year's DVD that featured TV commercials/promos for quite a few attractions that isn't part of the new DVD.

Haven't looked at the CD-Rom yet, so there might be more on that about the resorts.

Overall, for a free planning guide, I think the new one is good and the actual planning sections seem to be layed out to be very helpful, especially for beginners.

I got my video today and for what I've seen so far I've got to say: :hurl: :hurl: :hurl: !!!!!

This DVD is awful! The intros about the new attractions are more about the new hosts. Who cares about the hosts? The thrill guy acts as though he's stoned throughout the entire DVD: that ought to be brilliant for Disney's image. The music at the start: WHAT IS IT? Am I watching a promotional DVD about WDW or the beginning of the Partridge Family??? Which was also an awful show! I don't get the idea behind this theme for the WDW DVD at all. Did someone actually believe that they were making something hip and cool? The sad thing is that for this twenty-something it failed to even do that. This promo needs fixed and fixed quickly!!

dxwwf3

I will commend the new DVD for showing alot of new footage of the parks. Not the same old "And My Daughter Cried" lady over and over. But, the old style is so much better and the key word CTXRover used was "sophisticated". WDW isn't just kiddie stuff and thrill rides for teens, and if you watch that DVD, you might not know that. I think that Top 7 Attractions and this new DVD do not show WDW in a favorable way to many possible guests.

I also miss the old attraction promos as well as the resort sections. Let's put it this way, I'm glad I have the previous 2 DVD's to watch.

DisneyFreak529

I just filled the forum on the site for it a couple of weeks ago and it said that you have to wait 4-6 weeks for it. So if any one hasn't gotten it yet don't worry it takes awhile.

nibblesandbits

I actually really liked the new video. I thought it was very creative of them to do it this way because I think the way they had done it in the past was a tad boring. (And that's sad to say...considering the Disney Freak that I am!) I mean sure it wasn't a "traditional" travel video as it had been in the past and yes, they should have probably included a little more about the resorts themselves, but I really liked all of the extra footage they included about all of the rides. I especially liked how they showed the hosts riding them because that way they got to update their footage. I mean I was so sick of seeing that same 1990's footage of TOT!!! Plus, they showed a lot information about all of the recreation things you could do outside of the park that were not shown in the previous videos. In a way, I think that this video was a lot more informative than the past ones. You actually got to see the rides and not just the "big" rides either.

By the way my boyfriend actually really liked all of the great benches! :lol:

mikeb_86

My Review!!!

Warning Long Post!!!

Got mine Yesterday January ,31 2005,i think thay are backup on orders couse it took me 7 weeks to get it. Anyhow hear is my take on the 2005 Vacation kit!!!

First It was good but im i to was mising some of the atraction clips that where in the 2004 one and the Interactive map. At first the music creeped me out but thats that. I did notice thay did show the Counstruction of Everest at AK and Nemo at TLS. The papers that came with it the map part of that did show 200 Loogon as trees, Crushen Glussher at TL and the bridge from DL to Aisa but trees at Evest and no pathway.

Last bit i checked out the Cd rom Veary cool links to disneyworld.com and some more info about the the world. Well hear to the 50 and hears to hope that 2006's will be beather with some new stuff and maybe some MUCh Better Host!!!

Thats it for now hope you all get yours soon,
mikeb_86

yensid63

I ordered mine on Christmas Day and still haven't received it yet. :cry:
judgeing by everyone's posts, it looks like the best one Disney's done in a while. i can't wait to receive it. Maybe today( crossing fingers)

DisneyCrazyGirl

I got mine yesterday! I watched it last night as soon as I got home from work! I loved it and I am so excited to go in September now!! Three out of the four tour guides were borderline annoying but Dave was hilarious! (Why do dinosaurs always die running?) He cracked me up a couple of times!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom