Just the Facts

David S.

Wow, not only are these heavily edited, but they can't even be bothered to use the original audio! But then I guess it wouldn't be the modern Disney Channel without tweenybopper music :(

So it's a massive stretch to even say the DC is showing classic Disney shorts. What they are showing is music videos set to visuals of heavilly edited clips from classic shorts.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Wow, not only are these heavily edited, but they can't even be bothered to use the original audio! But then I guess it wouldn't be the modern Disney Channel without tweenybopper music :(

So it's a massive stretch to even say the DC is showing classic Disney shorts. What they are showing is music videos set to visuals of heavilly edited clips from classic shorts.
They also do show the non-music edited (Re-Micks) ones from time to time as well. These too are shortened quite a bit, but other than a few trims to make it fit in a smaller timeframe, they are the originals. They come on as Have A Laugh, and I know they are some of the originals (I know "Mr. Mouse takes a trip" is one I've seen).

As mentioned before, they are not on a schedule as far as I know, like I know that Choo Choo Soul plays at 7:25 every morning, but Have A Laugh seems more random.

inluvwithbeast

I guess they think tweens don't appreciate classic Disney cartoons as stand-alones?

I will say that before Have a Laugh and Re-micks, Disney played virtually NO classic cartoons. Like none. So in all reality they've taken a step in the right direction.

SeaCastle

Just thought it'd be worth it to point out that the WDW press website deleted the panoramic FLE concept painting. The Dumbo and Ariel concept art remains.

ChrisM

Ack! David S. has once again sucked us into the vortex that is his saccharin obsession with ancient Disney animation.

And that picture of Dumbo frightens me.

David S.

Ack! David S. has once again sucked us into the vortex that is his obsession with TIMELESS, Classic, Disney animation.

And that picture of Dumbo frightens me.

Fixed. And I didn't bring up the topic. And, why would a cute little elephant frighten you? The pic is from the cover of the 60th Aniversary Edition Dumbo DVD, so if it "frightens" you, take it up with Disney Home Video - I didn't draw it!

http://www.allmovie.com/dvd/dumbo-60th-anniversary-edition-18195

David S.

I guess they think tweens don't appreciate classic Disney cartoons as stand-alones?

Probably true, but then it's hard to appreciate something if you haven't been properly exposed to it! I LOVED these toons when I was a tween and teen!

I will say that before Have a Laugh and Re-micks, Disney played virtually NO classic cartoons. Like none. So in all reality they've taken a step in the right direction.

I would agree. I am glad to hear that they are at least showing some of them with the correct audio ("Have a Laugh"), albeit in heavily edited runtimes. It's a step in the right direction compared to the dark days of Walt's work being completely ignored on his own channel, but still a far cry from the halcyon days of Vault Disney!

raven

Yes. There is some expansion of the utilidor system in the plan.
The extent of that expansion is unclear, however. I don't expect it to be much.

Wait. Wouldn't that have to be built before the expansion if it were to go under that area? :veryconfu I haven't heard or seen anything.

Tom

Beta Return
Wait. Wouldn't that have to be built before the expansion if it were to go under that area? :veryconfu I haven't heard or seen anything.

The original site plans showed it extending east from under Pinocchio's, passing under Belle's MnG, and then zig-zagging a bit over to Cindy's MnG.

Since there probably won't be a MnG in the middle of FLE, they probably won't need to extend the tunnel much, if at all, since cast will probably be able to access Belle's from backstage.

Lee

Adventurer

The original site plans showed it extending east from under Pinocchio's, passing under Belle's MnG, and then zig-zagging a bit over to Cindy's MnG.

Since there probably won't be a MnG in the middle of FLE, they probably won't need to extend the tunnel much, if at all, since cast will probably be able to access Belle's from backstage.
Exactly.
I should have been more specific in my post.
The vast majority, if not all, of the limited utiltdor work will be located in the BatB area.
(This is based on a coversation that is around 6 months old now, so please add salt...)

NoChesterHester

I bet the elimination of the tunnel extension saved a ton of money.

Tom

Beta Return
I bet the elimination of the tunnel extension saved a ton of money.

Indeed. Building below grade costs a lot of money. Building waterproof concrete vaults costs a lot of money. Building waterproof concrete vaults below grade in the middle of swampland - priceless.

Tom

Beta Return
Except it's not below grade. Fantasyland is the third level of the Magic Kingdom.

If you bury it with dirt, it's below grade. If you build a room, and the top of it is under the dirt, it's below grade - and technically (in the US) a basement.

I'm not clear on the "FL is the 3rd floor" argument, so I don't have a response to that, except to say that the tunnel that would have been added for FLE would have been at the same level as the main tunnel entrance under Pinocchio. If there's another floor below that, it's news to me.

Flip83

That honestly was the worst thing I have ever seen. That is what these kids are now watching? That was Disney Classics for kids with ADD. I've stressed my point before, and I will continue to stick with it.... unless parents show their kids a thing or two about Disney Classics, these kids are clueless about most Disney Characters. I feel bad. I already think its a shame when kids see characters in DW and have no clue who they are. Probably a big reason that you don't see a good variety of characters around the park like we used to. If kids don't know who they are, then nobody waits in their line. It's stinks for all the fans that know those characters and never really see them out anymore. I remember always seeing the Robin Hood characters in the UK in Epcot. I haven't seen them there in a long time.

IWant2GoNow

Original Poster
Raven has posted in another thread that the Barnstormer will be renamed "The Great Goofini" and will essentially have a magician/escape artist theme implemented.

Thanks, Raven. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom