Just the Facts

DocMcHulk

Based on what I was just told, SWSA is safe for the time being, Not that it wont be closed for a M&G down the line as I wasnt given that much detail. i was only told there were no plans for it in the very near future. The language used to tell me by someone i can assure you is in the know, was very obtuse. It would seem it's "safe" for the next year or so until a new ride is built to replace it. So, take that for what it's worth.

jt04

The ride will be gutted and the existing queue area will be the queue for the M&G.

What confuses me is that if the 'island' that would have housed Cindy, Aurora and part of mermaid land is not built until later there is going to be a huge empty area right in the middle of the FLE. Seems like it will look very strange for a long time. Will they keep a massive construction wall up surrounding that area or just plant some grass for a picnic area or something? :shrug:

DisneyParksFan1

What confuses me is that if the 'island' that would have housed Cindy, Aurora and part of mermaid land is not built until later there is going to be a huge empty area right in the middle of the FLE. Seems like it will look very strange for a long time. Will they keep a massive construction wall up surrounding that area or just plant some grass for a picnic area or something? :shrug:

I was wondering about that too.

RSoxNo1

And hopefully replaced with some other ride when the M&Gs leave. AiW, maybe?

I heard it wont be in the near future. Not sure on a timeline. But my thought is that the ride will be open for a while. no danger of imminent closng.

From what I understand, the timeline for the Mine Car ride has been accelerated, and I have reason to believe the timeline for Snow White's Scary Adventures would be similar.

As for a replacement ride in that location - I don't think this decision has been made, and I don't expect this decision to be made as part of the Fantasyland Expansion.

SeaCastle

From what I understand, the timeline for the Mine Car ride has been accelerated, and I have reason to believe the timeline for Snow White's Scary Adventures would be similar.

As for a replacement ride in that location - I don't think this decision has been made, and I don't expect this decision to be made as part of the Fantasyland Expansion.

Quite honestly, I'm surprised they would even bother adding another dark ride to replace the "temporary" meet and greet. Regardless, I'm glad they're considering it.

Just a quick thought...there have been reports of Fantasyland construction walls going up around the final curve of the Speedway. I am reasonably sure that they are constructing a new gas tank for the Speedway in this location. As of now, the location of the former gas tank was located behind Pete's Restrooms in Toontown Fair. I would imagine they are building the new tank now to have the Speedway continually run without disruption while Toontown Fair is being demolished.

raven

And hopefully replaced with some other ride when the M&Gs leave. AiW, maybe?

Quite honestly, I'm surprised they would even bother adding another dark ride to replace the "temporary" meet and greet. Regardless, I'm glad they're considering it.

Actually the "temporary" princess M&G area will be in the Exposition Hall. The one being put in the old SWSA location, called Princess Fairytale Hall, is designed to be a permanent M&G area for Cinderella and Aurora. Once the princesses move out of Expo Hall that area will be used for other M&G's.

jt04

Actually the "temporary" princess M&G area will be in the Exposition Hall. The one being put in the old SWSA location, called Princess Fairytale Hall, is designed to be a permanent M&G area for Cinderella and Aurora. Once the princesses move out of Expo Hall that area will be used for other M&G's.

This makes sense. It actually is starting to make a lot of sense.

How big a footprint will the minetrain have?

Bork Bork

Simple...elegant...I like it! Thanks for the info Raven.

SeaCastle

Just to clarify...they're not designing Princess Fairytale Hall with a retrofit for a ride in mind? This is meant to be permanent like Expedition Everest/it's a small world permanent?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom