Just Returned Update/Observations

ChesneyUGA

Original Poster
I just returned from a week long stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort. I could tell the resort was hit hard by the cold winter because alot of the landscaping was newly planted or had been cut back and was just beggining to return. I stayed at this resort last July so It was really easy to tell a difference.

Magic Kingdom: Went here on Easter and to my suprise it was probably the least crowded day at any park my entire visit.

Castle Moat was still partially drained with a scrim around the castle but it was not really noticeable.

Desert party to me is well worth the money. This is the second time I have done it and it makes for such a relaxing night compared to being on main street. A couple of changes from last year were there was a photopass photographer, the buffet now has sneeze gaurds, and you are allowed to bring strollers in instead of parking them outside. They really limit the number of people so having the stroller in the eating area is not a big deal.

There was a dance party at the Tommorowland stage on Friday night with a DJ, dancers, characters, smoke, and a pumping sound system playing everything from Michael Jackson to Journey. There were probably 150-200 people dancing away and having a good time around it.

Epcot: Remy is still making the rounds at Chefs de France and it is really a cool suprise when they bring him by.

Rode Nemo for the first time and angler fish was awsome along with the way they have the characters swimming in the real fish tanks. Really is an overlooked gem of a ride in my opinion.

Animal Kingdom: Steam, bird, and waterfall were all working on Everest and the Yeti was in a position where he was leaning forward and down towards the ride making him seem very close.

Dinosaur was great.

Park was packed but as always if you venture onto the side paths you can sometimes find yourself all alone.

No Fire on Kali.

DHS: Lots of streetmosphere actors were out through my whole trip.

I got the Bogo coupon that Kevin Yee was calling desperate in his update but apparantly he has no idea what the coupon actually said. It was for Bogo meals if you ate before 11:30am or between 2:30pm and 4:30pm. This was to try and get people to eat at off peak times because of the large Easter crowds.

Toy Story Mania que seemed to be in great shape to me.

Despite large crowds for Easter I never ran into any unpleasant CM's or even other guest. I saw plenty of guest doing dumb stuff like stopping in the middle of a walkway to take a pic but never anyone just intentionally being rude or nasty.

Another Great Trip.

I have added pics below with more to come.

NewfieFan

Thanks for the update!

So, there's suppose to be fire on Kali? I rode Kali for the first time last August and my brother told me about a fire effect that burst next to the raft or something. Anyways, we rode it twice that trip and never saw it!

How long has this been broken and is it the same thing my brother was talking about?

I wasn't sure if Remy was still at Chefs de France or not... what time did you see him?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Thanks for the update....

And you're right about Kevin- if it doesn't compute for him, then Disney must be doing something wrong....

GMRO

That is all good news! Our vacation begins in 34 days. Will be on the Magic first then @ POP for a week. Nice to hear positive things about the upkeep of the parks.

Thanks and I hope you enjoyed yourself!!!

heartodisney

Thank you for this update, very good to hear that you had a wonderful trip. So many things can go wrong, so your update is a positve one. I know on our trips there is always something, but just have to shrug it off and go forward the best you can. I hope that you can post photos!

ChesneyUGA

Original Poster
Thanks for the update!

So, there's suppose to be fire on Kali? I rode Kali for the first time last August and my brother told me about a fire effect that burst next to the raft or something. Anyways, we rode it twice that trip and never saw it!

How long has this been broken and is it the same thing my brother was talking about?

I wasn't sure if Remy was still at Chefs de France or not... what time did you see him?

There are supposed to be multiple burst of fire when you enter the forest that has been cut down. I have no idea how long it has been broken since this is the first time I rode this in probably 2 years.

We ate there for lunch at 1pm. It really suprised my son because we were the first table they brought him too so he had no idea what was under the tray. He loved it.

ChesneyUGA

Original Poster
Was the yeti good then? Better then before? :)

I have ridden with him in A mode multiple times so it is no where close to that level. I do find it hard to beleive people say that they didnt see a yeti because really seemed to be right there in your face. Maybe he is sometimes in a different position or something. Another thing that never gets mentioned about everest that I love is the sound effects throughout the ride. They are at times very subtle but really add to the ride.

nngrendel

Desert party to me is well worth the money. This is the second time I have done it and it makes for such a relaxing night compared to being on main street. A couple of changes from last year were there was a photopass photographer, the buffet now has sneeze gaurds, and you are allowed to bring strollers in instead of parking them outside. They really limit the number of people so having the stroller in the eating area is not a big deal.

Thanks for this update. Think this is the first review I have read since the refurbishment has been complete.

ChesneyUGA

Original Poster
Thanks for the update....

And you're right about Kevin- if it doesn't compute for him, then Disney must be doing something wrong....

It makes me wonder how many other things he complains about are really just things that he does not have the full story on or is looking at it from the wrong perspective.

ChesneyUGA

Original Poster
Interesting. So can we assume he wasn't in "crotch mode?"

Maybe he was looking at his crotch, I don't know. All I can say is that in the breif time you see him he seems to kind of be hovering over the track with his hand toward you which if he is not moving is probably the best position in my opinion. When he was in A mode it would seem like you had a longer look at him so I guess the lighting must be dimmer on him now.

aklodge

I do find it interesting that the steam, bird and waterfall were (are?) working. Did you happen to notice if the snow effect on the mountain was working?

ChesneyUGA

Original Poster
I am going to post a bunch of photos. They are in no specific order and some are not so great.

100_2356.jpg

100_2362.jpg

This was on Easter Sunday at 12:00pm. I was pretty suprised not to see wall to wall people.
100_2366.jpg

100_2367.jpg

100_2368.jpg

100_2388.jpg

100_2404.jpg

100_2405.jpg

100_2407.jpg

100_2409.jpg

I have many more photos coming soon.

ChesneyUGA

Original Poster
Heres more.

100_2413.jpg

100_2414.jpg

Mickeys Garage
100_2428.jpg

100_2430.jpg

My wife went to meet the fairies and they were all very much in character.
100_2443.jpg

100_2465.jpg

100_2470.jpg

100_2466.jpg

100_2474.jpg

This is what I meant by venturing off to the side trails and you may find yourself all alone like my son here. Animal Kingdom was packed on this day.
100_2481.jpg

More coming soon.

ChesneyUGA

Original Poster
More pics

100_2491.jpg

100_2521.jpg

Skywriters were out all week.
100_2549.jpg

Caribbean Beach Kids Pool
100_2556.jpg

Another perfect day at Epcot. The weather was perfect all week.
100_2580.jpg

100_2581.jpg

Illuminations from Morroco. Not many people gathered around Morocco to watch. I'll definitly get a spot here again in the future.
100_2604.jpg

100_2606.jpg

100_2613.jpg

100_2636.jpg

More coming.

ChesneyUGA

Original Poster
More pics.

100_2645.jpg

100_2647.jpg

100_2648.jpg

100_2649.jpg

Playhouse Disney is an excellent show if you have younger children who watch it. All the kids were singing and dancing along.
100_2664.jpg

100_2666.jpg

100_2670.jpg

Jumping Fountains with tronorail in the background.
100_2741.jpg

Remy at Chefs de France.
100_2780.jpg

100_2785.jpg

I have more pics but it will either be late tonight or tommorrow before I can post them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom