"Just Married" buttons

Juliaz3

Original Poster
Is it cheating to get "Just Married" buttons if we visit the parks a month before our wedding? My boyfriend and I have lived together 5 1/2 years and have planned a very small wedding plus dinner in mid-March. We have had our wedding rings for three years and usually wear them when we travel. We suddenly had free time coming up and wanted to go somewhere warm, so we chose Disney for our third visit since we met. Our first visit was truly magical and one of our best memories as a couple.

This visit in early February will be sort of an early honeymoon because we probably will not have one after our wedding. Can we wear the buttons and celebrate, even if it's a bit early?

fyn

Is it cheating to get "Just Married" buttons if we visit the parks a month before our wedding? My boyfriend and I have lived together 5 1/2 years and have planned a very small wedding plus dinner in mid-March. We have had our wedding rings for three years and usually wear them when we travel. We suddenly had free time coming up and wanted to go somewhere warm, so we chose Disney for our third visit since we met. Our first visit was truly magical and one of our best memories as a couple.

This visit in early February will be sort of an early honeymoon because we probably will not have one after our wedding. Can we wear the buttons and celebrate, even if it's a bit early?

Do what makes you happy, and don't worry about what other people think. :)

Mikester71

Go for it!!! When we went to WDW last March, we got the "Happy Anniversary" buttons and wore them around most of the trip, even though we went in the middle of March and our anniversary was on March 1st.

It was funny too, because my wife and I are pretty low-key people (especially my wife) and do not like extra attention brought upon ourselves. And here we had the cast members singing to us, along with the other riders, and everybody congratulating us everywhere we went. Even though it was probably the last thing either of us would have really wanted, it was kinda cool and added to that extra Disney magic on the trip. And before anybody asks why we would get the buttons in the first place then, we were actually given them at Pop Century upon check-in thanks to my brother telling them we didn't get a chance to celebrate our anniversary earlier in the month. :ROFLOL:

heartodisney

Have fun with it! So co-workers came back and they did the same thing, but, it was their kids first time, so they got "First timers" buttons. I think you can pick them up at Town Hall in MK. I know that I will do that when we go back for my daughter!

Juliaz3

Original Poster
Thanks for the encouragement! Maybe we will get "Happy Anniversary" buttons because it WILL be the 6th anniversary of the day we met.

DecWDW

I would have some sort of brief story ready in case a cast member wants to engage you in conversation. They might start asking about the actual wedding details, just to be nice.

Juliaz3

Original Poster
I would have some sort of brief story ready in case a cast member wants to engage you in conversation. They might start asking about the actual wedding details, just to be nice.

Good point. We don't want to lie and jinx our wedding(!), so we're just going to celebrate the anniversary of when we met.

I totally regret not realizing I could have gotten my boyfriend a First Visit button when I took him in 2007.

FiveDozenEggs

Go for it! Because of school and work schedules, DW and I didn't take our honeymoon to WDW until a month after our first anniversary, but still wore the "Just Married!" buttons. At first I was hesitant to wear them, but the amount of goodwill you'll get from CMs and other guests is incredible. When people asked us when we were married, we just said "October!", nevermind that it was the previous October!

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Me and my DH did it! we were planning on getting married in January of 2008 because he was going to be going into the military and since we had a daughter together we decided it was best to just get married. Our December trip of 07 we took our "honeymoon". We wore the pins proudly, and had a great "honeymoon" We ended up not getting married that january because DH decided against the military, in fact we still havent got married to this day, (although we are still together and now expecting our second child :D!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom