Just got home...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I feel for you. We are going in December for 10 days. Although we are no where near going yet, I feel the dread of the Post Disney Trip Blues (PDTB).

Pioneer Hall

Post Disney Depression is a rough thing. We all go through it when we get home from our vacations. Watch some movies, look at your park maps, and come on these boards. Time will go faster if you don't let yourself get too down.

Boo's Mom

I don't go till August..I'm jealous... I get the PDTB when its time to do laundry and put away the souvenirs..I'm ready to leave after the week is up because I'll get tired of all the walking but once I have to unpack, clean, make room, put away and get back into normal routine, I'm ready to go back :lol:

bbll24

Yep, I came home a week ago today. I feel your pain man. But I felt a little better when we got our pictures developed and my Tomorrowland poster came from Fedex. :)

goofyfan13

I too suffer from PDTB. The worst was going to school, and thinking, yesterday, I was just walking around our resort, or walking down Main Street USA. :brick:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Kurtj43 said:
Just got home from Disney...being home sucks...but have nobody to complain to....oh well
Thats what we're here for - we'll listen to all, advise, or just be here for you to sound off to
But, yep - you're right post WDW blues are dreadful

Aurora_25

Gee, I still have Post Disney blues and it's been a year since I was there last :D LOL- I am already planning the trip we are taking in December

cj2me

I have predisney anxiety we go in 21 days and already I dread the post Disney blues...THank god for this Site and LIve 365

jesserin

Does anyone else do the whole "what were we doing last week this time?" when you return? It's a game my hubby and I play which makes booking our next trip a must about one week after returning... ;)

David

jesserin said:
Does anyone else do the whole "what were we doing last week this time?" when you return? It's a game my hubby and I play which makes booking our next trip a must about one week after returning... ;)

Thank goodness I'm not the only one that does that. We are always saying "This last week we were________." And just to make it seem as thought the trip is not officially over, I wait as long as I can until I have to change my watch back to central time. Sometimes it may be a week or so later. Crazy,ain't it?

brich

Can I offer up a little home cooked remedy? Start planning your next trip right away. We usually do this and it really helps. It's almost like we never come down. We go from the excitement of being there right into the excitement of planning and into the anticipation. It's a good chance to think of how your next trip will be different, or the same for that matter. Even if it could be years before you can go back, it's a nice way to ease out of the depression of IT being OVER. Book 2 nights and call me in the morning..... :animwink:

vilegirl

goofyfan13 said:
I too suffer from PDTB. The worst was going to school, and thinking, yesterday, I was just walking around our resort, or walking down Main Street USA. :brick:

I do the "yesterday I was walking around..." thing too. Why I inflict such pain on myself I don't know. It only makes the work day longer. :( Oh well...only 100 days to wait until I really am walking around WDW again!! :sohappy:

Boo's Mom

On the way home, and even when we are at the resort and I'm laying in bed watching tv, I feel like I'm dropping on Tower of Terror. It goes away when I get back to Richmond, VA though :cry:

cj2me

I know what you mean about planning your next trip. I go in 21 days and have actually started looking into our next trip. I think I have talked my husband into the Cruise - Land/Sea package for December of 2006, and my brother in law seemed to like the idea so his family will probably be going also. Of course I will have to sneak a little 3 day trip in there, there is no way i would be able to wait 18 months before my next trip.

dixiegirl

yup we do the "gee this time last week we were" but also we do the "this time in three weeks we'll be in the air flying to disney" and so on....yes the disney blues are the worst...

SnowWhite5669

I hate that feeling... it starts a couple of days before we even leave the parks. I keep counting the days and then the hours we have left. There is no solution other than to move down there! :lol: Although, coming home and planning the next vacation is an awesome remedy. Now I have started with exactly four weeks from today I will be on the plane getting ready to land in Orlando and getting excited about the Magical Express and seeing what our room will look like and trading my voucher in for my annual pass!! :sohappy: Being on the boards help, too!!

Kurtj43

Original Poster
I'm glad I'm not the only 'sick' one out there. I go quite often (up to 3 times a year) and it doesn't get any easier. :)

I was flicking the channels last night and saw ESPN doing some show from the Contemporary...always nice to see Disney on TV and thinking 'I was just there'

Fantasmic!329

jesserin said:
OMG, I do that too! I'll be like "This time last week I was eating a MSUSA Bake Shop cookie!" or "This time last week I was watching I:ROE."
So glad I'm not the only one! :wave:

Anyway, I am most likely heading down this summer to both WDW and to DL, so I am getting excited even though I have made no reservations or made an plans whatsoever. lol But WDW blues really stink. I had them real bad last Aug. when I got back. Ahh, just gotta love the happiness that only WDW can give you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom