Just got back - some thoughts...

JeffC

Original Poster
We just got back and wanted to comment on a few things:
1) We decided to do 3 days at Universal before WDW. As it was the National Cheerleading Championships, it was not a good choice. Never seen so many spoiled little Prima Donnas in my life - and the moms were worst...
2) It's no fun when you have the flu. I got it the day we went to WDW and it was tough enjoying everything, I ate very little, but the good news is I lost about 8 pounds...
3) The Dining plan is great, but you waste alot of food. And I think they need to have signs at the counter and snacks place identifying what is included. It took us rookies a few times to get it right.
4) They have ruined PI. When it first opened they had great clubs (Wild Horse Saloon, Jazz Club, and West End stage that had good bands). Now it's a hang out for the young crowd. The only good thing is they plan to open a Cigar Bar soon- Thanks Sosa.
5) The Adventurers Club is still the best time.
6) The parks were very crowded, even at night.
More later...

lpet11984

4) They have ruined PI. When it first opened they had great clubs (Wild Horse Saloon, Jazz Club, and West End stage that had good bands). Now it's a hang out for the young crowd. The only good thing is they plan to open a Cigar Bar soon- Thanks Sosa.

I never knew there was a country bar out there! Man, that would've been awesome...wish they still had it.

LoriMistress

1) We decided to do 3 days at Universal before WDW. As it was the National Cheerleading Championships, it was not a good choice. Never seen so many spoiled little brats in my life - and the moms were worst...
Wow, tell me how you really feel....:lol:

2) It's no fun when you have the flu. I got it the day we went to WDW and it was tough enjoying everything, I ate very little, but the good news is I lost about 8 pounds...
Been sick on vacation, so I feel you on that.

Sorry to hear...
6) The parks were very crowded, even at night.
More later...
Well, you DID go during Spring Break.

DisneyDancer312

as far as the cheerleaders i know what you are talking about
i have gone down with my dance studio and we danced every 2 years and we always went during cheer competitions. and they were nasty! never met more rude people in my life. :hurl:

wdwmomof3

I bet All Star Sports was covered up & loud. Someone told me about this time of the year down there. Last year our middle school cheerleaders won state and went to Disney. They didn't win but they had fun. I'm not sure I could handle this one. They can be a little rude.

ToTBellHop

crowded "even" at night? Night can be the most crowded time, especially if you want to see Wishes on Main Street like everyone else or Fantasmic! at MGM...and this magnifies with evening Extra Magic Hours. If it weren't busy at night, the MK wouldn't be open til midnight tonight haha. At least you got to go to Disney World...

cooleo

The All-Star resorts get VERY crowded in early December also, due to the Pop Warner leagues. Those kids are up all hours of the night running around. :eek: Can't say I blame them, Afterall they are kids. However, I don't think I will ever stay there again for that reason alone. Stayed at Coronado last year at same time & I swear I could have heard a pin drop, Except for the faulty fire alarm that woke us up @ 2 am on our last night. :mad: :snore: :lol: It was great otherwise. Staying there again this December.

DisneyMarg

quote]

Umm, when they first opened PI, YOU were the young crowd! Don't know how old you are, but I'm getting up there. I don't think I'm their target audience anymore. :lol:

We decided to do 3 days at Universal before WDW. As it was the National Cheerleading Championships, it was not a good choice. Never seen so many spoiled little snotty twits in my life - and the moms were worst...

Believe me, I feel your pain on that one. I just got back from WDW 3 days ago, but instead of the cheerleaders, I had to endure several men's college sports teams. (I have no idea what event they were there for.) Being a mid-20s female, and often on my own at night, I was subject to a lot of crude and sexist remarks, and ignoring those jerks only made them get worse. My first night at Space Mt., a group of guys got yelled at by a CM for taking off their shirts. I guess they forgot it's a family theme park!! :rolleyes:

AliciaLuvzDizne

Believe me, I feel your pain on that one. I just got back from WDW 3 days ago, but instead of the cheerleaders, I had to endure several men's college sports teams. (I have no idea what event they were there for.) Being a mid-20s female, and often on my own at night, I was subject to a lot of crude and sexist remarks, and ignoring those jerks only made them get worse. My first night at Space Mt., a group of guys got yelled at by a CM for taking off their shirts. I guess they forgot it's a family theme park!! :rolleyes:
i missed this :confused:

Iakona

We just got back and wanted to comment on a few things:
1) We decided to do 3 days at Universal before WDW. As it was the National Cheerleading Championships, it was not a good choice. Never seen so many spoiled little Queen Bees in my life - and the moms were worst...

and you really needed to use that language on a family board?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom