Just got back last night, a couple observations.

Krazy-Kate

Over at Dinosaur they are working on the huge Carnotaurus, but what they have in its place is a joke. I don't know exactly what it was but it looks like a 17" flat screen tv with a picture of the Carnotaurus on it.
I was at WDW over April and I went on while the big carnotaurus was being worked on but we noticed the rest of the ride looked a lot better, there seemed to be more effects working.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Thanks for the updates! what were the crowds like?

Crowds were light. Longest wait for us was Soarin at 45 min. TOT and RNRC were 10 minute waits most of the week.

I was at WDW over April and I went on while the big carnotaurus was being worked on but we noticed the rest of the ride looked a lot better, there seemed to be more effects working.

I didn't notice any difference from the other times I've ridden Dinosaur. Looked the same to me, maybe I've just been lucky and had most of the effects working the times I've ridden. :shrug:

zweltar

The bulk of this thread (complaints about AK) is a perfect reason why this park only takes me 1/2 a day to get through. Besides a few of the shows, there are not many attractions at this park that keep guests here for extended amounts of time. In fact, I've never seen the parade because I've never been in the park at the time of the parade. I'm always through and out of there by then.

_Scar

The bulk of this thread (complaints about AK) is a perfect reason why this park only takes me 1/2 a day to get through. Besides a few of the shows, there are not many attractions at this park that keep guests here for extended amounts of time. In fact, I've never seen the parade because I've never been in the park at the time of the parade. I'm always through and out of there by then.

You've got to be interested in animals to stay there a full day. If you aren't then the park isn't intended to take a full day to get through.

Kamikaze

I trust you've done the walking trails then?

The parade is nothing special, but there is plenty to do at AK if you do what is offered.

hrcollectibles

Magic Kingdom:
  • Didn't get to ride the Hall of Presidents. It was down both times we tried to ride. Once at the beginning of the week and once at the end. Not sure what was going on there.

This parks attractions were in shambles, what is going on at this place?!
:sohappy:

Nice report but just a little pet peeve.. The Hall of Presidents is not something you ride as it is an attraction and not a ride..

Regards to Animal Kingdom I think some of the buildings are supposed to look aged...

zweltar

I trust you've done the walking trails then?

The parade is nothing special, but there is plenty to do at AK if you do what is offered.
I have done the walking trails. They were cool the first time I did them. They do nothing for me any longer. :shrug:

Jerriko

[*]Again, the work being done in the World Showcase was minimal on my overall experience due to the great scrims. The area by Mexico can be crammed and the cement building was noticable even with the scrims, but the building in Italy was almost invincible. You can barely notice it from across the lagoon unless your specifically looking for it.

glad to hear this, don't want some super villian destroying it :p

All that has happened refurb-wise latelyas well as new attractions has me really excited for my next trip. too bad it's 2 years away :(

Next Big Thing

Hannah Montana just wouldn't make sense. First of all, they would ruin a perfectly good coaster and I don't see how HM can fit with RNRC. Second, HM is coming to an end soon. Why would they theme a popular coaster after a franchise that has already announced that it is ending?

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Animal Kingdom:
  • This parks attractions were in shambles, what is going on at this place?!
  • At a Bugs Life, hopper was not coming out during the show. He did finally make an appearance at the end of the week when we saw the show again.
  • Over at Dinosaur they are working on the huge Carnotaurus, but what they have in its place is a joke. I don't know exactly what it was but it looks like a 17" flat screen tv with a picture of the Carnotaurus on it.
  • Everest had the steam working and the floating bird, but no mist off the top of the mountain and numerous times we rode the ride would stop in the "shadow cave" for well over a minute. The Yeti does look better and has been lit up so its not just the strobes anymore. He still isn't moving so still not acceptable, but he now is noticable and I don't think people will miss him while going through that final cave anymore.
  • I can't stress enough how important it is to ride the safari during the parade. They let you go through the Fastpass line which I think confuses people because there was NOONE in line. Our group of 8 were the only ones on the ride and we had a great safari guide who was able to go slow and take her time because there weren't cars pushing forward behind ours.
Downtown Disney:
  • Spent very little time here, but I just have to say that Disney needs to really do something with this place! I think they should just shut down the whole thing and re-work it. All of the merchandise here is also sold in the parks and the restaurants are just another batch of restaurants like all the 100 others on property. My suggestion would be to add some attractions like a huge ferris wheel and the swings that are over at California Adventure. Just make it a mini Paradise Pier with some rides for kinetics and entertainment.
Both products of the now "promoted" Kevin Lansberry. DTD is in ruins, DAK falling apart, and 2 monorails collide all under his watch, yet he gets promoted. :shrug:

floridabill

Thats whats so sad about society today no one can appreciate anything now a days =/ animal kingdom could have 1 plastic animal and the whole park could be dirt, but if it had 20 thrill rides no one would care and they would pour in. no one cares about theme anymore its all about thrill junkies! very sad no one sees the beauty in that park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom