Just got back last night, a couple observations.

Future Guy

So basically they've replaced the Carnotaur with one of these?

dinograbbers.jpg

Lame.

jakeman

Well riding it once you may be right, but riding it three times and it not working, yea..... :shrug:

It didn't work either of the two times I rode it either.
That still could be a spacing issue with the trucks.

Since the trucks are not on a track the safeties are very very sensitive and very conservative.

It wasn't uncommon for me to go a whole day without getting a bridge show due to either the person in front of me or something I did myself.

It doesn't mean the effect was broken.

I know that distinction doesn't really matter to a guest, but it is an important one.

kittybubbles

We had gone up the weekend of Mother's day for a quick trip. We did not do a whole lot of rides, but it was a great trip. We had been up early for Flower and Garden a little too early, not sure how I feel about the early start this year, it was nice, but a little better with the amount of butterflies later in the season.

Worked out well for us in that we had planned SAT in EPCOT and then the evening in Magic Kingdom. Was a nice surprise that they added an extra hour that night and a second Spectro.

Anyway, I had read that Dinosaur was looking good, so we rode this. I hadn't noticed anything different until the ride vehicle stopped for the picture they take...I had to laugh as I expected a large angry dinosaur the yell at us...I'm not sure what was there, but it was just funny that some small unnoticeable dino head was just sort of sitting there being lit up...

We also did not get the broken bridge effect when we rode Safari (we were at Animal Kingdom on Mother's day).

kingdaniel97

Poopular concensus was it illuminated too much of the infrastructure for riders to see. I disagree and think a unique and not insignificant show element has been removed.
To be honest, if that strip was what allowed me to see the tracks it should've stayed. At points the overhead portions of the tracks are literally right above me(only 5"10'). I'm surprised that no one's tried raising their hands and lost a finger at this point.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To be honest, if that strip was what allowed me to see the tracks it should've stayed. At points the overhead portions of the tracks are literally right above me(only 5"10'). I'm surprised that no one's tried raising their hands and lost a finger at this point.
This has been discussed many times. Nowhere in the ride can you touch the ride support structure. It was (obviously) designed that way.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You're kidding right? There is some BEAUTIFUL architecture around the parks!

:hurl:

No not really. There are some great sets, and façades but its hardly beautiful architecture. Subjective I know but I cant see how you can compare the appearance and functionality of a castle of fibreglass steel and concrete to the real thing.

Disneybub

Hannah Montana just wouldn't make sense. First of all, they would ruin a perfectly good coaster and I don't see how HM can fit with RNRC. Second, HM is coming to an end soon. Why would they theme a popular coaster after a franchise that has already announced that it is ending?

who knows, but probably the same reason they waiting years to add The American Idol Experience :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom