Just got back last night, a couple observations.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom:
  • Main Street USA looks great! You can really tell its been freshened up.
  • Don't know if it was mentioned, but the black screen that was blocking the view into Space Mountain as you rode through on the TTA has been taken down, so you can once again see into the ride. Granted you can't make out the cars on the track since they don't have the glow stripe, but you can see all the stars and galaxies again which is great!
  • I was very concerned about their being a ton of tarps and walls and it was nowhere near as bad as I expected. Disney has done a great job with the scrims so you barely even notice it. Also, I think the art on the walls in Fantasyland was a nice touch as it detracts you from paying attention to the fact that their are walls there.
  • Didn't get to ride the Hall of Presidents. It was down both times we tried to ride. Once at the beginning of the week and once at the end. Not sure what was going on there.
Epcot:
  • Everything in Epcot was working great. No issues at any of the attractions.
  • Again, the work being done in the World Showcase was minimal on my overall experience due to the great scrims. The area by Mexico can be crammed and the cement building was noticable even with the scrims, but the building in Italy was almost invisible. You can barely notice it from across the lagoon unless your specifically looking for it.
Hollywood Studios:
  • At Toy Story Mania, we were not getting any water effects, just the air cannons.
  • The mist was in full force at Tower of Terror and looked like more than I had ever seen in that area. Don't know if they installed new misters or what??
  • Over at Rock n' Rollercoaster, the huge guitar was behind a tarp and I could see that it was completely painted white with some sort of primer.
Animal Kingdom:
  • This parks attractions were in shambles, what is going on at this place?!
  • At a Bugs Life, hopper was not coming out during the show. He did finally make an appearance at the end of the week when we saw the show again.
  • Over at Dinosaur they are working on the huge Carnotaurus, but what they have in its place is a joke. I don't know exactly what it was but it looks like a 17" flat screen tv with a picture of the Carnotaurus on it.
  • Everest had the steam working and the floating bird, but no mist off the top of the mountain and numerous times we rode the ride would stop in the "shadow cave" for well over a minute. The Yeti does look better and has been lit up so its not just the strobes anymore. He still isn't moving so still not acceptable, but he now is noticable and I don't think people will miss him while going through that final cave anymore.
  • I can't stress enough how important it is to ride the safari during the parade. They let you go through the Fastpass line which I think confuses people because there was NOONE in line. Our group of 8 were the only ones on the ride and we had a great safari guide who was able to go slow and take her time because there weren't cars pushing forward behind ours.
Downtown Disney:
  • Spent very little time here, but I just have to say that Disney needs to really do something with this place! I think they should just shut down the whole thing and re-work it. All of the merchandise here is also sold in the parks and the restaurants are just another batch of restaurants like all the 100 others on property. My suggestion would be to add some attractions like a huge ferris wheel and the swings that are over at California Adventure. Just make it a mini Paradise Pier with some rides for kinetics and entertainment.
Blizzard Beach:
  • My feet still hurt from walking up all those stairs.
  • Teamboat Springs was still not running and there was a huge crane on site doing work while the park was open.
Port Orleans Riverside:
  • Everything was beautiful here, but the waterwheel stopped working on Thursday and still wasn't moving when we left yesterday.
Overall, a great trip! Weather was beautiful all week and I had a great time. :sohappy:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Perhaps if there were enough attractions in the park to cope with attendances and still allow one attraction to be in refurb ?

NewfieFan

So is the SM section of the TTA still completely dark and silent?

That's the only thing that bugs me about the new TTA... the part is eerily dark and quiet... weird!

_Scar

I could of swore I've seen reports of Dinosaur being a lot better, so this makes me sad all over again.

0':

GymLeaderPhil

So is the SM section of the TTA still completely dark and silent?

That's the only thing that bugs me about the new TTA... the part is eerily dark and quiet... weird!
Yep. No background music or narration. And they kept the work lights on as you leave Space Mountain for some reason.

fractal

Thanks for the update.

Great to hear all the good things.

But what is up with AK?

Basically the 3 biggest AAs are down? Yeti, Hopper and Dinosaur?

That is what they get for being so short sighted about fixing the Yeti - now that the other big AAs are down there is nothing working. That's a joke. I'm so disappointed because this used to be my favorite park.

aklodge

Everest had the steam working and the floating bird, but no mist off the top of the mountain and numerous times we rode the ride would stop in the "shadow cave" for well over a minute.
This happens when management decides to run 5 trains instead of the intended 4. Imagineers designed the ride for four trains, but told management that it could handle 5 if it was absolutely needed during peak times like Christmas, New Years, etc. Subsequently, management has decided to run 5 trains just about all of the time, ruining a lot of the timing on the ride as you experienced.

voodoo321

"Over at Dinosaur they are working on the huge Carnotaurus, but what they have in its place is a joke. I don't know exactly what it was but it looks like a 17" flat screen tv with a picture of the Carnotaurus on it."

Is Nigel Tufnel working for TDO now?

Next Big Thing

When was the last time any attraction was closed for some sort of refurbishment? That might explain it.
The problem is, DAK really can't afford to close any of its rides. There just isn't enough in the park yet for them to afford to close any. DAK is in extreme need of some sort of expansion and soon.

Bork Bork

[/LIST]Hollywood Studios:
  • At Toy Story Mania, we were not getting any water effects, just the air cannons.
  • The mist was in full force at Tower of Terror and looked like more than I had ever seen in that area. Don't know if they installed new misters or what??
  • Over at Rock n' Rollercoaster, the huge guitar was behind a tarp and I could see that it was completely painted white with some sort of primer.

At least it wasn't painted pink or purple!!:lookaroun

Thanks for the update.

wolf359

At least it wasn't painted pink or purple!!:lookaroun

Thanks for the update.

Yeah, but if they were going to paint it a lighter color like pink or purple, it would have to be primed white first. If they were just painting it red again I'm not so sure... :cry:

mickey2008.1

DAK really needs some extra attractions to allow for repairs to be done on others. We used to really like this park, but it has no staying power, especially when everything is broken. May have to skip it this year. Thanks for the update.

bferrara16

• Over at Dinosaur they are working on the huge Carnotaurus, but what they have in its place is a joke. I don't know exactly what it was but it looks like a 17" flat screen tv with a picture of the Carnotaurus on it.
Do you mean the statue out front or the one in the ride? (Sorry - I don't know the names of dinosaurs, so for all I know, there may be only one Carnotaurus).

Kamikaze

Your Safari tip might be good for the middle of the day, but the best time to ride KS is first thing as soon as it opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom