Just got back from WDW and...

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
There are no direct buses from any park or DTD to the MK. Only from the Disney resorts, it's one of the perks to stay at a Disney resort that you generally bypass the TTC, while day guests coming from other parks have to take the monorail from TTC to MK. There are however buses between DHS and DAK and from Epcot to DAK, to DHS from Epcot you have to take the boat launch via International Gateway.

There is also a bus from DHS to Epcot--the boat leaves you at International Gateway, and the bus takes you to the front of Epcot, which is handy if you want to get directly to Future World.

tare

I agree, the DTD buses can be an issue with the free parking scam. Showing room keys is a good idea, but I wonder how they would be able to diplomatically pull it off without annoying the people trying to get on a bus that don't have room keys?
I agree, the DTD buses can be an issue with the free parking scam. Showing room keys is a good idea, but I wonder how they would be able to diplomatically pull it off without annoying the people trying to get on a bus that don't have room keys?
But why wouldn't someone have their room key with them--that doesn't make sense.

LVgoN2WDW

I find it frustrating not to be able to leave a park and go to DTD also! Maybe with the new wristbands Disney can come up with a way to keep people from free parking and bus hopping at DTD! We always leave AK and go to earls for dinner!

The Empress Lilly

I, for one, am happy with a bus dropping me off at the TTC. I need my monorail or ferryboat to the MK or else I didn't do the MK at all.

Just like the monorail is the only way to arrive at EPCOT.

'Slow food is the only way to eat a meal properly. Slowly, calmly, savouring each course, each dish, each taste. 'Slow park' in turn is the only way to do WDW. I once took a bus from DHS to EPCOT. I then took the monorail to the TTC, got off, and immediately got back on the monorail to EPCOT again. It's that important.

Oh, come on folks. How can you not enjoy the ride. It's all part of the show and it is what makes WDW unique. I love it.
:)

tink729

Original Poster
But why wouldn't someone have their room key with them--that doesn't make sense.

I mean in terms of those who aren't staying on property, don't have room keys, and are actually trying to take advantage of the free transportation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I mean in terms of those who aren't staying on property, don't have room keys, and are actually trying to take advantage of the free transportation.
They'd more likely have a rental car. Which is the easiest and most convenient way to move around most of the World.

Goofyernmost

They'd more likely have a rental car. Which is the easiest and most convenient way to move around most of the World.

And even if they didn't, Disney's "free" transportation is offered and encouraged to be used by all Disney Guests whether they stay on-site or not. You make it sound like they are trying to get away with something. They are not. A Disney Guest as defined by Disney is anyone currently on the property. Those that stay off-site do usually have their own transportation available, but to keep automobile traffic to a minimum are encouraged to use Disney Transportation whenever convenient. I never find it convenient except between MK and Epcot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And even if they didn't, Disney's "free" transportation is offered and encouraged to be used by all Disney Guests whether they stay on-site or not. You make it sound like they are trying to get away with something. They are not. A Disney Guest as defined by Disney is anyone currently on the property. Those that stay off-site do usually have their own transportation available, but to keep automobile traffic to a minimum are encouraged to use Disney Transportation whenever convenient. I never find it convenient except between MK and Epcot.

Er... No. Free Disney Transportation (aside from MK and parking) is technically limited to Disney Resort guests only. It's in the small print.

"Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort—including transportation to and from Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks—is available to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels."

Goofyernmost

Er... No. Free Disney Transportation (aside from MK and parking) is technically limited to Disney Resort guests only. It's in the small print.

"Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort—including transportation to and from Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks—is available to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels."

Depends on who you talk too. It would make no sense at all to limit it to Resort Guests only. It could put a major kink in Park Hopping abilities and sales. It may imply that but it hasn't been a working rule practically since Epcot opened, but especially since DHS opened. They used to require proof years ago, they no longer do that, so in absolute terms that means that they are allowing anyone within the grounds to ride the transportation. Reality over theory for this point. People who do not stay at a resort would have no need to ride a resort bus at the beginning or ending of a day, so for those in a specific resort it is pretty much exclusive. They also encourage outside Guests to explore the resorts in an effort to entice them into staying on perhaps their next visit. Most of the day when traffic is light on DT, is when the non-resort Guests use it primarily anyway. I don't see where anything would be gained by limiting usage to Resort Guest only and apparently they agree.

The wording also doesn't say..."Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort—including transportation to and from Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks—is EXCLUSIVELY available to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels." The great and wonderful loophole!

luv

Everyone who takes the bus should just remember that taking the bus sucks.

It is free. You don't have to be burdened with the horrific chore of driving.

But you have to spend a great deal of extra time waiting for and riding the bus. You have to ride with strangers. Sometimes you have to stand. And it may be hot or cold.

Once you accept the fact that the bus sucks, it gets much easier. While you wait, focus on the fact that you don't have to depress the gas pedal or turn the steering wheel. Think about the money you have saved waiting.

I have ridden busses many, many times in my life and this is my best advice...

Suck it up. Either rent the car or deal with the sucky parts of riding the bus. :) You will be happier.

stlbobby

Everyone who takes the bus should just remember that taking the bus sucks.

It is free. You don't have to be burdened with the horrific chore of driving.

But you have to spend a great deal of extra time waiting for and riding the bus. You have to ride with strangers. Sometimes you have to stand. And it may be hot or cold.

Once you accept the fact that the bus sucks, it gets much easier. While you wait, focus on the fact that you don't have to depress the gas pedal or turn the steering wheel. Think about the money you have saved waiting.

I have ridden busses many, many times in my life and this is my best advice...

Suck it up. Either rent the car or deal with the sucky parts of riding the bus. :) You will be happier.

The busses do not suck. I enjoy the busses. It is one of the best parts of a WDW vacation. Not having to get in the car, fight traffic, look for parking, and then take a tram is one of the best perks to staying on property.

I did my first off-property stay this summer and I was reminded how great it is at the end of the night to just get on a bus and ride back to my resort, rather than literally fight over lanes in the maze of Disney traffic while dog tired.

BrittanyRose428

Summer of 2011 I took a bus from Epcot to Hollywood Studios and then from Hollywood Studios to Animal Kingdom. Is it not like that anymore?

Edit-- it would help if I read the rest of the thread. Ignore me. :D

SirLink

Apart from our UK tickets which include said: "Unlimited use of the Disney transportation system" ;)

mickey2008.1

I can't ever remember going from park to park on bussing. I have looked, but not seen it anywhere. It's free transportaion, and does require a little research on how to get where, but it's not that hard to make transfers. Never had a problem, and always within an hour from where ever on property, with the exception of a bus not showing up because of communication problems. Wish i was on a bus right now going anywhere in WDW.

tworkman08

Buses DO run from park to park, TTC being an extension of the MK. It is not seasonal, they are always available. They do not run Park to DTD or DTD to park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom