Just Got Back from the World on 8-27 *UPDATES*

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hogwarts Castle! Cool! I hope they can make the wand fit in with it. And leave room for an inflatable Stitch on top.*

*Sarcasm

mhead

Logan5 said:
Well you where right on with one thing, STICH IS GARBAGE!!!!!

understood and agreed. my wife and I are both huge Stiotch fans and were very disappointed in this attration. That being said though, my two young nephews loved it. So I guess it has to do with the age of the guest!

bgraham34

marni1971 said:
Hogwarts Castle! Cool! I hope they can make the wand fit in with it. And leave room for an inflatable Stitch on top.*

*Sarcasm

Love the idea, but it wont work. How would they pump the air to the top to keep him afloat. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
WaffleKing said:
[
+ SpaceShip Earth's time is almost up, the guide confirmed that plans to gut it out will more than likely happen within the next 2 years. The rollercoaster idea is still the leader, with guests alledgedly taking off at the ground level (for instance where the old AT&T exibit was, and having riders shot into the ball. But it's still very early.

Wrong on pretty much every level. :rolleyes:

now what was this rollercoaster idea??? anyone have a link!? i would love to know!!!- personally i like the idea of getting rid of SSE, i love the ride but it's time is up.

MickeyMan101

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Laufschneller65 said:
I'd like to see a pavilion on the life and history of the atractions he developed.(and hopefully if they do take out COP they would move it into such a pavillion in epcot).
i think this is what One Mans Dream is centered around in MGM. i havent seen the attraction yet but ive seen some pics.

MickeyMan101........... bite your tongue :D

I'm not Familliar with the Expressian Bite your toung???

someone fill me in! idc if it's something against me or anything i just want to know

MickeyMan101

figmentfan

Why change the most visited attraction at WDW? Every person can go on the ride, and it is a nice ride to take a break from the HOT Florida sun for 15 minutes. If they want to build a roller coaster at Epcot, try Universe of Energy, Wonders of Life, or build a roller coaster in one of the countries (i.e. Japan- Mount Fuji.)

General Grizz

No more coasters on Future World East -- leave family/seniors attractions (2 left). World Showcase thrill rides would work, because they would be forced to be tasteful. :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
MickeyMan101 said:
I'm not Familliar with the Expressian Bite your toung???

someone fill me in! idc if it's something against me or anything i just want to know

MickeyMan101
you cant speak terrible thoughts like SSE being gutted if you "bite your tongue"

old saying, along the same thing as "Wash your mouth out with soap"

DarkMeasures

I call BS on that castmember.

There is no way a rollercoaster could be built in Spaceship Earth unless it has a top speed of less than 5 mph.

The forces caused by the cars on the track would be too great for the building to hold. the only way it could be done is if they build the supports coming through the bottom of the sphere and into the ground. It was also ruin the looks of Spaceship Earth far more than compared to what that little wand has done.

jedimaster1227

In relations to the statement about the Figment reintroduction, I have spoken to the people at Kodak while investigating what they had to say and frankly, they told me two things:

1. They have very little control of what goes on at the pavilion
and
2. They really don't consult with Disney that much.

The spokespersons exact words were that "We consult with them only in matters of money and advertising, nothing else."

Anyways just incase you were wondering, the Dreamfinder Forever campaign site WILL be up and running by this weekend. I am scheduling an appointment with the Disney manager of the pavilion to get Q's and A's from him, possibly even a tour and/or look at the future of the pavilion when approaching him of the news of the investments being made in Epcot right now.

TinkerBell9988

You know what sounds strange about this whole "rumors from the tour" thing?

I had the chance to experience the UnDISCOVERed Future World tour four weeks ago, and luckily for me, there was only one other person in the tour (so it was just the three of us). Our tour guide was a young woman (who was very cool and knew A LOT of what could be happening in EPCOT in the next 5-7 years). She said since it was just going to be the three of us, we could really ask whatever questions we wanted, since she said that she would have an answer for anything, and she knew that we were "Disney-holics."

The other guy in my group asked about Project Gemini and SSE being changed into a rollercoaster. First of all, she told us that she couldn't elaborate on those two subjects, but she was allowed to tell us that Project Gemini does not exist anymore, and the SSE rehab that was part of that Project would not happen. Maybe a refurb in the future, but as she put it. . . "How can you change SSE? It is the basis of our park and one of the most (if not THE most) visited attraction in all of Walt Disney World."

And no, it is not a thrill ride.

So, I really don't know how much WaffleKing's tour guide wanted to keep his job or not, but MY tour guide said that she had specific instructions on what not to tell to guests, and big changes/rumors to the park was definitely on that list. And YES, the UnDISCOVERed Tour was AWESOME, and I reccommend it to everyone. :D

Pioneer Hall

General Grizz said:
No more coasters on Future World East -- leave family/seniors attractions (2 left). World Showcase thrill rides would work, because they would be forced to be tasteful. :D

I agree that it is time for development to head to that part of the park. The additions to Future World are great, but there is half a park back there that is being neglected and could use a new attraction of almost any sort.

WDWScottieBoy

hakunamatata said:
Once they change SSE to a thrill ride EPCOT will be just another amusement park.... :cry:

And they better not touch SSE! I made sure I rode it first last week and last today. It's my favorite ride on property, and I'd had to see it go.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hmm...

Attachments

• Gemini spoof.jpg
    Gemini spoof.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,859

Rinxman

jmaxwell007 said:
geosphere

this is a correction of your statement, by someone from page 1 who knows what they are talking about..

Yeah, I know what I'm talking about thank you. I don't think there is anyone in the forum dumb enough not to know what I mean. There's no reason to get technical. Will it make you mad if people said Soaring instead of Soarin'?!?! I don't think it matters.

imagineer boy

Nice Update, but I too call BS on that cast member. I still highly doubt about SSE. I think Epcot has enough thrill rides already. Test Track M:S, and Soarin should just about satisfy thrill seekers coming to the park. They need more dark rides and family attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom