Just Got Back from the World on 8-27 *UPDATES*

DisneyMom63

Account Suspended
DisneyJunkie said:
Personally, I found Alien Encounter to be pure trash, so now that so many are knocking Stitch's Escape too, I may have to pass that one by. As far as the Universe of Energy is concerned, the entire concept needs a good rehabbing and the first thing they should do is dump Ellen DeGenerate.
Why is she a "degenerate?" Because she's gay? Get a life.....

imagineer99

DisneyMom63 said:
Why is she a "degenerate?" Because she's gay? Get a life.....

uh...let's not make assumptions that are just going to make people annoyed and upset.

Perhaps he just doesn't like her comedy?

People need to let down their guard a little bit in this world. Everyone's always on the offensive, looking for something/someone to attack!

hcswingfield

imagineer99 said:
uh...let's not make assumptions that are just going to make people annoyed and upset.

Perhaps he just doesn't like her comedy?

People need to let down their guard a little bit in this world. Everyone's always on the offensive, looking for something/someone to attack!

I would say calling her "Ellen Degenerate" is pretty specific as to what he objects to. And it isn't her comedy. If you had ever been on the receiving end of comments like that over and over again, you might be a little defensive yourself.

imagineer99

hcswingfield said:
I would say calling her "Ellen Degenerate" is pretty specific as to what he objects to. And it isn't her comedy. If you had ever been on the receiving end of comments like that over and over again, you might be a little defensive yourself.

Whatever floats your boat. I just hate when arguments arise over seemingly small things. Life's too short. :wave:

Tink10881

I absolutely LOVE Ellen Degeneres. I think she's hilarious and has a wonderful sense of humor. Just because one person doesn't like her, it doesn't mean that they should get rid of her appearance in the attraction. I vaguely remember the old video for the ride, as I was only 4 when I rode it. I do remember that it was pretty boring. The most exciting part for me was seeing the audio-animatronic dinosaurs. (still is to this day!) But I love the way the attraction is now. I think it's great for families because kids recognize her as the voice of Dory and they love that. In my opinion, the jokes and the whole "Jeopardy!" scenario make for a pretty interesting show. It's informative and educational, yet still funny and entertaining. I also love the fact that Bill Nye, the Science Guy is part of the attraction because I used to watch him on Saturday mornings.

So, to the Disney crew at Epcot...I say please don't take Ellen away!!

3rdShiftCM said:
I'm sorry but that is dumbest idea I have ever heard! Just because you can move it, doesn't mean you should!
Nice to see that with the anonymity of the 'net we haven't given in to the temptation to be rude... :brick:

Clearly you haven't heard a lot of ideas if that's the dumbest one you've ever heard.

Craig

CrashNet

Actually, Ellen Degeneres is what, in part, MAKES the Universe of Energy. As a CM at EPCOT, when we get questions asking for directions to the Universe of Energy, it is usually asked, "Could you tell me how to get to the Ellen ride?" Personally, I think she's hilarious. EPCOT is all about diversity, remember that. :)

Now as for all of the changes being made, Wonders of Life has been removed from the map. As mentioned earlier, EPCOT has somewhat been the Cinderella of Walt Disney World. In the next five years, she WILL get her ball gown and crown. I won't say anything else or start rumors, but I hope you will just continue to believe in the magic. ;)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
jedimaster1227 said:
Pictures of WOL anytime soon? I'm dieing to see!:)
yeh, me too.

about the Ellen thing, im not much for talk shows, but i have to say that id rather do lunch with her then Oprah. I love her spunkiness and energy. she seems really fun. nothing against Oprah......... but if i had to pick between the 2.

i mean come on..... Ellen wears Puma's like the ones i have. (California's) :D

Langdonj

I like Ellen also.

I also liked the idea of a roller coaster in the Japan area. It could be an increadably fast one like they have over there, an example of modern Japanese technology, and then they could build an area in Japan for taking a nap and feature those little tube hotel rooms.

Chape19714

Are the pics. not up, or am i the only one? thanks for the update. Personally, i think that Ellen should stay, like Tigger1988 said she's very popular again. All i would say is PLEASE shorten it! I love it as much as the next person, but it's a long ride!

"Just remember, If you don't win an Emmy, it dosen't mean your a bad person. It just means your a bad actor." :lol:

stof911

i think the most boring part is right after the dinosaurs when if you are in one of the first cars you haft to sit in the room where it has the light up tower and Willard Scott says some stuff and it goes no where just to another movie sequence

Lindserelli

Your update was awesome! This is my favorite type... It's always nice to know what's going on in the world when we can't be there 24/7!! Thanks a ton!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom