just got back and thinking of going in jan

maryszhi

i got a great bounce back offer and was wondering how it is since i have never been in january. when do they take decorations off? do u think its a good idea it would be the second week :) i hope i can get back im already having withdrawls

Splash Mountain is closed, and for me, that makes all the difference. Also, at night, it's pretty cold...I mean, a sweatshirt for us from the Northern states...parkas and mittens for those from the south. But seriously, two years ago at night it got down into the low 40's, and last year I hear it was WAY worse. I also hate going when there's no swimming - I mean, you CAN swim, but you'll freeze.

That being said, the Christmas decorations will mostly be down by the second week - they will continue to come down your whole time there. Christmas music will still play though. ALSO...hardly any crowds. Which is AWESOME. You can often walk right up to a restaurant and not have to worry about reservations. So I'd weigh all your options and see what you think!:wave:

Upvote 0
we go in January every year & I agree with the above poster. the weather can be all over the place. One day you are cold, the next in shorts. But the crowds are low (er)....the downside is ride closures and rehabs and shortened park hours.

the decorations will be down..they usually come down about the end of the first week of January.

any time of the year in WDW is a good time. there are pluses and minuses to going in the low season.

Happy travels,
D

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

We love January and will be there for 10 days beginning on the 6th next year. Daytimes vary a lot in temperature. I find a sweatshirt and jeans most days works fine. In the evening you might want gloves and a hat, too. Crowd levels are great and and theres rarely long lines. They are usually in the process of removing lights at that time.

Upvote 0

dizzney

we were there this past year frm 12/31 thru 1/9 and except for 12/31 the temperatures were sooo cold. We're in NY and were escaping the cold, in Disney we were were layers and gloves and the kids were the only ones who went in the pool. Decorations were coming down by friday and christmas music stopped by wednesday I think. We probably wont go in january again

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I liked January but the weather is definitely all over the place. I went in Jan of last year and the first 2 nights it was 32 and high of 65 during the day the next 2 nights it was 45 at night and 80 during the day.

Upvote 0

WVParkfan

Loved, loved, loved our trip in January. Would definitely do it again! Low crowds and low temperatures. Animal Kingdom was perfect, and the animals were active all day long. Water spray from Fantasmic at DHS was cold, and we actually took a blanket in there! Never waited more than 15 minutes for anything. I think January is the perfect time of year to go, especially for those of us who live up in the mountains and have snow from November to March.

Upvote 0

maryszhi

Original Poster
thanks yall i really hope i get to go the best part my parents might join the dvc..which means ill stay in bay lake tower :) this is so exciting

Upvote 0

FuseFly.com

Loved, loved, loved our trip in January. Would definitely do it again! Low crowds and low temperatures. Animal Kingdom was perfect, and the animals were active all day long. Water spray from Fantasmic at DHS was cold, and we actually took a blanket in there! Never waited more than 15 minutes for anything. I think January is the perfect time of year to go, especially for those of us who live up in the mountains and have snow from November to March.

I agree with this. We went in February last year and the temps were similar to this. Escaping the North, the snow, the cold, etc... Yeah, I'll take the sweatshirts at Disney any day!!!!

Upvote 0

tommyp

Splash mountain closing??

Everyone keeps saying that splash mountain will be closed in January but i can't find that anywhere and even spoke to a friend who is a CM and he said that he did'nt think it was closing this January!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Everyone keeps saying that splash mountain will be closed in January but i can't find that anywhere and even spoke to a friend who is a CM and he said that he did'nt think it was closing this January!

They say that because most Januaries it is closed for at least a little while for refurb purposes. I've been in January or very early February '04, '05, '06, '07, '09, & '10 and that has been the pattern. :wave:

Upvote 0

Tinkrbell

They say that because most Januaries it is closed for at least a little while for refurb purposes. I've been in January or very early February '04, '05, '06, '07, '09, & '10 and that has been the pattern. :wave:

I believe it was also closed in 2008. That was my first year going in January, & I don't remember riding it.

It was freakishly cold this past January. I was there over marathon weekend & there was snow/freezing rain & ice on the windshields of cars. Other than the chance of it being cold, I love being there in January & February since the crowds are almost non-existent. I went in 2008 & 2010 for vacation & was there in 2009 for my college program. I'll be there next January as well for another college program.

Upvote 0

disneylemons

My husband had a convention in Orlando last January so of course I booked us at a Disney Resort - and even though it was a tad cool at night we really enjoyed not having to wait in line, getting in restaurants and just the lack of crowds. It was really nice..:)

Upvote 0

Beatles_Girl

Hi!!

I always go on January almost every year, the weather is crazy but you gotta love those low crowds and no waits!!

For what I've seen Splash Mountain is closed one year on january and the next one is open, so, this year was closed :dazzle: , there's a high chance that's open on 2011.

We're going the last week of Jan!! Can't Wait!! :hammer::hammer:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom