Just experienced several WDW disappointments

Capt. Salty

I just want to echo what Master Yoda had said. Go ahead and make the reservations if that is the place that holds a nice historical part of your relationship. Yes, more of the high end restaurants are requiring prepay or at least a credit card no/deposit to hold the table. I would not be surprised that in another year, giving a credit card number will be required for all reservations. And as he said, there is no-one to blame but us. People continue to blow off reservations or make double/triple reservations for the same day. Disney remains too forgiving in holding a table for at least 15 minutes.

Next time you are there, take notice...there will be an hour or two wait, and clearly be multiple tables vacant.

If you do decide to go to the castle to eat, be sure to mention that it is for your anniversary...there may be a little something extra.

I'm surprised you'd want to pursue the Dining Plan if you are AP....DDE card is much more of a bargain if you enjoy sit down meals and visit with some frequency. 20% off of all including alcohol for a party up to 10!

Catch your breath and try again. Don't let a few bumps in the road get in the way of you making a great time for yourselves.
It's now on a party of 6, but still worth it...We have AP's and have put our DDE to good use!
good luck.

DisneyMomof2

Frank - Please call back and have yoru reservation noted as one diner is a veggie. We recently went to Disney with a veggie (dairy OK) and at each restaurant I notified the CM at check-in and we were always greated by our server asking if the menu was sufficient or if we wanted to see the chef. In several places, the chef came out anyway to see if we had any questions regarding ingrediants in the menus veggie offering. In several places a special dish was offered that was delicious. Our veggie loved tha pasta at Lunch at Cindy's.

I found the entire staff of CM's and Chefs that we encountered extremely accomodating. In many cases, especially where a special meal was pre-ordered (Hoop-Dee-Do & Backyard BBQ), the chef(s) checked with us during and after the meal.

If you are a veggie, I am convinced that no one has gone more out of their way to accomodate our veggie than Disney. Don't forget to have this dietary restriction added to ALL of your ADRs and remind the CMs at check-in, although most of them had it duly noted.

Either way - enjoy your trip.

tigsmom

Just FYI, because I am not on the dining plan, I did have to prepay my CRT breakfast ressie with a credit card. I also had to give my credit card for my ressies at California Grill and Le Cellier. If I don't cancel 24 hours or more before my ADRs, they will charge $20.00 to my credit card for California Grill and Le Cellier and I will lose the whole shebang at CRT.

We went to Le Cellier this past March and we were not on the dining plan. They did not ask for a cc number at all when we were making ADRs. We paid cash at the end of the meal. When the server heard we were not on the dining plan her comment was "well then the sky is the limit". :shrug:

To the OP...

There are vegetarian options at dinner, however if you call ahead and explain your need a chef will contact you and work something out. Just make sure to note your need on your ADRs should you go ahead and decide to make them.

scole3388

I was surprised by Le Cell, too, since I also have dinner reservations at Narcoossee's, which I thought for sure would require a credit card but they didn't ask for that one at all :shrug:

We have both Le Cell and Narcoossees during the "busiest week of the year" apparently (12/27-1/2/08) and weren't asked for a credit card. And we're not on ANY dining plan. I am corn-fused.

frank2271

Original Poster
I'd Skip Cindy's....

It's not really that great of a place to have a wedding anniversy at if you ask me. Try something outside of the parks, not as many screaming kids around and for the price, much better food.

Give the Artist Point a try.

Did I mention we are bring our 10 year old son? Either way, my wife loves the place because we went there on our honeymoon.

phichi17

Did I mention we are bring our 10 year old son? Either way, my wife loves the place because we went there on our honeymoon.
I can't think of a better place to celebrate than CRT for an anniversary. Your 10 y/o son might not think so though...but hes at WDW right?!! Have a great time and enjoy!

frank2271

Original Poster
So Frank you are upset with Disney because they told you the correct info and you didn't do your home work? I don't mean to point a finger, but your aggravation should not be at Disney or the CM's because they did their jobs and told you all the right info.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/common/helpFAQ?id=HelpFAQTicketsPage#q22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-vcANJoexY

It sounds like you were still in the investigation stage not in the booking stage....would you like the number for Universal?

I was upset that Disney discriminates against annual pass holders. As far as I am concerned I purchased theme park passes and if I am staying onsite I should be able to add on a dining plan.

It has nothing to do with the cast members, except that one told me that CRT was in fact $25.99 for dinner.

OH by the way, I have Universal annual passes, go there all the time and get their dining plan every time, (even without staying onsite). we love it.

wannab@dis

I was upset that Disney discriminates against annual pass holders.
I'm sorry... but "discriminates" is not at all accurate. :rolleyes:

By purchasing the AP, you receive room discounts, merchandise discounts, access to the DDE, etc. I do not get any of those with MYW tickets. Certain tickets get certain perks...

phichi17

I was upset that Disney discriminates against annual pass holders. As far as I am concerned I purchased theme park passes and if I am staying onsite I should be able to add on a dining plan.

It has nothing to do with the cast members, except that one told me that CRT was in fact $25.99 for dinner.

OH by the way, I have Universal annual passes, go there all the time and get their dining plan every time, (even without staying onsite). we love it.
It does seem that they discriminate against APH types. You dedicate a given amount of money yearly to go to the theme parks. With that, you WILL spend more money on dining and merch than the avgerage tourist will over the course of the year. I would hope someone at Disney would figure this out and allow APH types to "add on" the dining plan.

YAY...500th post!!!!!!

phichi17

I'm sorry... but "discriminates" is not at all accurate. :rolleyes:

By purchasing the AP, you receive room discounts, merchandise discounts, access to the DDE, etc. I do not get any of those with MYW tickets. Certain tickets get certain perks...
You may get certain room discounts and merch discounts, but see my last post for the arguement why APH SHOULD get the option to "add on" the dining plan. I would think APH types spend a whole lot more over the course of a year than Joe tourist.

frank2271

Original Poster
It does seem that they discriminates against APH types. You dedicate a given amount of money yearly to go to the theme parks. With that, you WILL spend more money on dining and merch than the avgerage tourist will over the course of the year. I would hope someone at Disney would figure this out and allow APH types to "add on" the dining plan.

YAY...500th post!!!!!!

THANK YOU

wannab@dis

You may get certain room discounts and merch discounts, but see my last post for the arguement why APH SHOULD get the option to "add on" the dining plan. I would think APH types spend a whole lot more over the course of a year than Joe tourist.
Sorry... still doesn't fly. You already get certain perks (not entitlements) with the purchase of the AP. In fact, I think most would state the DDE is a better perk than DDP. Why not be thankful for the perks you get instead of whining for more? :shrug:

Laura

No time to read through this whole thread (battery is almost dead), but here's a couple things that may have already been posted.

*You can pay $65 (something like that) to order the Disney Dining Experience card. As an annual passholder this will save you 20% on all of your full service meals. I've done the math several times comparing the cost of buying a MYW package with the dining plan to having an annual pass and using the discount card, and the discount card is always the less expensive way to go. So invest in the DDE and you'll make out better than you would have on the dining plan.

*As far as I know you don't have to "pre-pay" for any signature dining experiences. You simply give them a credit card number to hold the reservation, which will be charged when you get there. This prevents people from abusing the system and I personally wish they would put this policy into place for ALL dining reservations.

*Menus can be found on allearsnet.com, but Steve is also adding more and more to this site as well.

phichi17

Sorry... still doesn't fly. You already get certain perks (not entitlements) with the purchase of the AP. In fact, I think most would state the DDE is a better perk than DDP. Why not be thankful for the perks you get instead of whining for more? :shrug:
I don't think anyone is whining here. We are not asking for a discount on the DDP, just the opportunity to purchase it. I personally like the idea of using my "Key to the World" for everything from trinket buying to meal purchases. When I go to the parks I like to carry only my AP (or room key) and DL, thats it. Some folks like the prepaid idea, I am one of them.
While I think about it, why can't Disney add my AP to my room key while I am staying there....a whole other discussion entirely.

Fantasyland-er

it doesnt seem that outragous.

Disney can't please everyone its just not possible, but I think there other things that could get you upset over not something like this... Also Disney isnt discriminating 90% of their guests ARE NOT Annual passholders (and spend an average of $10,000 per disney vacation)therefore the plan is designed around them. Passholders get really good discounts so I personally wouldn't complain. But who am I to judge. I hope everything works out for you, good luck!:wave:

phichi17

I completley agree it doesnt seem that outragous.
Disney can't please everyone its just not possible, but I think there other things that could get you upset over not something like this... but who am I to judge. I hope everything works out for you, good luck!:wave:
Certain things like CRT do need to be pre-paid due to the high # of no shows. I had no problems prepaing for the Fantasmic package and whould have none for CRT, if I could ever get a ressie!

And I am not complaining, I just want the opportunity to be able to purchase it (the DDP) like everyone else.

LoriMistress

I just got off the phone with Disney and am very frustrated. I was booking our yearly camping trip to Fort Wilderness when I asked for information on the Disney Dining Plan. I was told that I was required to purchase theme park tickets in order to participate in the plan. I explained that I am a Florida resident and have annual passes and don't need tickets but would still like to participate in the dining plan.

The rep. explained that even though I have annual passes I would still have to purchase tickets in order to take part in the dining plan.

That's a rip off, I am so surprised. I spent over $1000.00 on annual passes for WDW and I go there atleast once a month on day trips and twice a year on over night trips. I thought this time I would take part in the dining plan since we are planning a few expensive nights out (one being Cinderella's Royal Table which I have a problem with, more later). My point of view is that I already purchased my theme park tickets, I am paying to stay onsite and I would like to purchase the dining plan for my family.

The rep. said to me that he understood completely because he is a Florida resident and a cast member (so he doesn't need to buy tickets). When he stays onsite he can't take part in the plan either. But that is the way it is.

That's crap.

Secondly, on to Cinderella's Royal Table. I will be staying onsite during my 14th wedding anniversary. My wife an I honeymooned in WDW when we got married (we were originally from Boston). We ate at the restuarant on our honeymoon. We used to celebrate our anniversary there every year until my son was born and then it got a little harder to do. So this year my wife asked me, since we are gonna be there, if we could eat at Cindy's? I said "Great idea".

After I got the bad news from the rep. about the dining plan I asked him to look up availability at Cindy's. He had a table ready at the perfect time. Then he told me that it was a "pre-pay" resturaunt. I have never heard of a WDW restuarant being pre-pay. So I questioned him on it and he said that it was $25.99 per person for dinner (yes $25.99) and we need to pay at time of ressie. I was very hesitant to do this cause I haven't seen a menu for this restuarant in years and since my last visit (6-8 years ago) I have become a vegetarian. So I asked him if there was a place I could view a menu online and he pointed me to the WDW web site.

Well, there is no menu on the website and it says that the cost of the resturaunt is $30-$50 per person. And it doesn't mention pre-pay anywhere like it does for the Luau.

So, (yes it keeps going), I called the "Disney Dining Experience Club" to get clarification. I waited on hold for 12 minutes, no problem I understand busy phones at Disney, until my call was automatically directed to the survey. I was told to complete the survey on just the call I had just finished. Needless to say I gave every answer as a POOR. Since I never got to talk to anyone.

SO ARGRAVATED!!!!

Why should I have to prepay at Cindy's, you mean to tell me that there aren't enough people waiting in line at the park to keep the tables full in case a family doesn't show up for their ressie? I'm sure Disney could fill any empty table quick enough.

And why doesn't it say "pre-pay" on the website?

What a crock.

I'm really ticked off about not being able to take part in the dining plan. What a same.

What do you guys think??

Frank

I can see how frustrated you are. Yes, there are a few restaurants that you have to pre-pay in advance. CRT is one of them. Unfortunately, unlike years ago, you have to book the reservation early in advance, and it can book up pretty quickly. Unfortunately, there are people who book ADRs in advance and then flake on the ADR. It can be extremely frustrating when the restaurant is booked for months, and someone doesn't show. CRT is the hardest character meal restaurant to book for.

As for Disney charging you tickets when you have an AP seems out of line here. I would suggest maybe speaking with a manager who could assist you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom