Just a friendly question

Missing20K

Original Poster
Please don't get too angry with me, but I can't help to notice many people post threads about how they just booked such and such a resort and how they will get to do this and this and how DS and DD are so excited, etc., etc., etc. My question is this, and I swear I do mean this in the nicest way possible, but why? If they are not asking a specific question about resorts, trip planning, or cruises, why are they posting it, and why is it allowed to be posted. I know I am coming off sounding bitter and mean, but I really don't mean it. I am just curious because it seems like sometimes people on these boards flip out because of off topic posts, or misplaced posts, or redundant posts, etc. Yet, on these types, everyone just says, "congrats", and "thats awesome", and "have a good trip." Why the discrimination?

And for the record, I don't really have a problem with those types of posts or their content, I just can't help but wonder why they don't have their own section (maybe lump them in with trip reports? :shrug:) and why other members don't get mad for the seemingly misplaced or misused threads?

Please don't set me aflame too much, I really am just curious, not angry or annoyed. :D

EDIT: I just realized the irony in my post, as I, too, did not ask any question regarding the resorts, trip planning, or the cruise, just a general question about the posts with this forum topic. Sorry, feel free to delete or move this thread if you want, moderator.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
We're a Disney forum, celebrating the good things is all part of it. :shrug:

Off-topic or misplaced threads are frowned upon more because if they're not in the right place the people who might be looking for the same info or the people who might have answers are less likely to find the thread.

Being happy for someone can happen anywhere. :sohappy:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We're a Disney forum, celebrating the good things is all part of it. :shrug:

Off-topic or misplaced threads are frowned upon more because if they're not in the right place the people who might be looking for the same info or the people who might have answers are less likely to find the thread.

Being happy for someone can happen anywhere. :sohappy:

I think that sums it up just perfectly.

The great thing with a forum like this, is that you can skip anything you dont want to read. So everytime you see a "I've just booked!!!!" thread, just dont open it. Easy as that.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I am just curious because it seems like sometimes people on these boards flip out because of off topic posts, or misplaced posts, or redundant posts, etc. Yet, on these types, everyone just says, "congrats", and "thats awesome", and "have a good trip." Why the discrimination?

Until there is a section for "I just booked........" or "I'm going to Disney" it has to be posted somewhere - Trip Planning would appear to be the closest

Missing20K

Original Poster
I understand, I wouldn't be here if I, too, didn't want to celebrate all things Disney. And I don't have any problem with people wanting to shout from the mountaintops about their upcoming trip, I like to do it too. I guess I just didn't understand that with all the compartmentalization of the forums, every topic imaginable having it's own area, I thought maybe there was already a space for the shout outs about booking a trip without asking any questions. No hard feelings meant or kept, just curious I suppose.

And being happy for someone, or the replies, I understand, I guess maybe I don't understand people posting it in an area that is labeled to be for questions about trip planning. That is my only misunderstanding. Obviously, that is where people put threads like that, and I obviously didn't realize it. My apologies. Again, no hard feelings. :)

Laura

Premium Member
I understand, I wouldn't be here if I, too, didn't want to celebrate all things Disney. And I don't have any problem with people wanting to shout from the mountaintops about their upcoming trip, I like to do it too. I guess I just didn't understand that with all the compartmentalization of the forums, every topic imaginable having it's own area, I thought maybe there was already a space for the shout outs about booking a trip without asking any questions. No hard feelings meant or kept, just curious I suppose.

And being happy for someone, or the replies, I understand, I guess maybe I don't understand people posting it in an area that is labeled to be for questions about trip planning. That is my only misunderstanding. Obviously, that is where people put threads like that, and I obviously didn't realize it. My apologies. Again, no hard feelings. :)

I'm actually on your side. I always found the "I JUST BOOKED" or "LEAVING IN 27 HOURS" threads a bit goofy and not worthy of their own thread and maybe would be better off all grouped together in a single thread. I mean, there's not really any reply you can give those threads other than a typical "good for you!" :shrug: But that's my own personal pet peeve which I'm sure is in the minority and I just ignore them. :lol:

Wilt Dasney

Congratulations for hating those threads! Good luck with not enjoying them!!! :sohappy:

(Yeah, I think they're a tad silly as well.) :lookaroun :lol:

Missing20K

Original Poster
well at least I can take some comfort in the fact I'm not the only one who just doesn't get those posts or more accurately, why they don't have their own area. With all the other topics, I just thought it had it's own space. Oh well, I guess it will remain as is.

P.S. I just booked 38 days at GF over Christmas and New Years, and then another 22 days at AKV for Easter weekend. Go me!!! :sohappy:

Good to know I'm not alone. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom