Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Magic Mountain does have a better lineup overall, but Cedar Point is a better park. Cedar Point is one of the only "regional" parks where the operations are as good as Disney and Universal. It has an amazing and lively atmosphere. Magic Mountain is, well, a Six Flags.
Fair point on the atmosphere. I will give you that one.

Tony Perkis

Well then I am sorry for your loss on missing out on one of the best coasters ever made in the history of coasters. #thoughtsandprayers
Well, there’s a reason why there are only a a couple of operating first generation 4D coasters, and reliability is it. Compound that with Six Flags’s famously below par maintenance, and you get an experimental coaster with an unpredictable operating status.

I’ll give you Wicked Cyclone, but Steel Vengeance is much better.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Well, there’s a reason why there are only a a couple of operating first generation 4D coasters, and reliability is it. Compound that with Six Flags’s famously below par maintenance, and you get an experimental coaster with an unpredictable operating status.

I’ll give you Wicked Cyclone, but Steel Vengeance is much better.
Steel Vengeance is a kiddie ride. My grandma could ride that.

maxairmike

I don't think you have had the privilege of riding X2

I have and it was hands down the least enjoyable experience I've ever had on a coaster (Green Lantern was a close 2nd worst), and I rode Son of Beast several times in the few years before it got closed. It isn't even close. Mean Streak was more enjoyable than X2. Can't provide input on TC, since it was still classic Colossus last time I was there, but having ridden Steel Vengeance, I doubt it's better.

As for Velocicoaster, it looks like it should easily be a top 10 candidate if the ride experience is anything like I expect. Cracking my top 5 with SV, Fury, Maverick, Voyage, and Magnum (for today, 5-10 tend to vary on how I feel each day) will be very tough. ETA: If Superman at SFNE wasn't running on square wheels the last time I was there it would be my solid #5, it was so much better my previous visit to the park.

Last edited:

Benjamin_Nicholas

Fair point on the atmosphere. I will give you that one.

Six Flags is ghetto. They have been for awhile. No thanks to the packs of child hooligans that roam Magic Mountain.

I never said it was 'the most' or 'the best.' Reading comprehension. This isn't a competition.

I've been on everything at MM and at CP. I much prefer CP. An all-around better park.

Lirael

Why are we arguing Cedar Point vs Six Flags in a Universal thread?
People were tired of the UniversalxDisney comparisons and tried to branch out

They're arguing because someone said "best". You cant use words like "best" and "worst" without others defending why they don't agree through examples of what they think are best/worst... resulting in arguing since best/worst is subjective

Tom Morrow

Nearly every single vlogger and other form of theme park social media poster that has bothered to say anything about this is continuously posting about what a BEAST this thing is, and it's going to be ThE BeSt CoAsTeR iN AmeRiCa. Someone's paying y'all off.

It looks good and I'm excited for it, but jeez, I know these people are aware of some of the coasters that are out there (stuff like Steel Vengeance), and in no way does this one somehow beat them.

OG Runner

Nearly every single vlogger and other form of theme park social media poster that has bothered to say anything about this is continuously posting about what a BEAST this thing is, and it's going to be ThE BeSt CoAsTeR iN AmeRiCa. Someone's paying y'all off.

It looks good and I'm excited for it, but jeez, I know these people are aware of some of the coasters that are out there (stuff like Steel Vengeance), and in no way does this one somehow beat them.

Can't you agree that it might just be their opinion? Why do you think Steel Vengeance is the best coaster? This new coaster and that
one are different, but the vloggers may feel this coaster has a better overall experience appeal. I understand the frustration with the
vloggers, but I don't think either of you can say which is the better coaster, until this coaster is done and it has been ridden.

WDWFREAK53

Does theming come into play? Obviously this won't pack the physical thrills of the big ones but maybe they are taking the whole picture into account rather than the strictly the coaster elements. (But I agree, even with that considered, it doesn't seem like it'll be the best coaster in America).

Disneyhead'71

Why do folks that actually know about all the other coasters out there keep saying this is a contender? Hmmmm. Could be because they understand what they are looking at. This thing has all the cool elements that Steel Vengeance has except for the 200' drop. But SV doesn't have a 70+MPH launch into a top hat, so it's a trade off. The spaghetti bowl with it's tight twists and headchoppers through the rock work and raptors should be unique and the second half is a coaster fanboi's wet dream of relentless coaster elements (Launch>Top Hat>Anticipation Stall>Drop>Stall Corkscrew>Wave Turn>Ejector Airtime Hill>Overbanked Turn> Bunny Hop>Heartline Roll> Final Show Scene). The pacing of this thing looks insane. Hulk has a great beginning, but has a weak second half. This coaster won't have that problem.

@Tom Morrow have you been to the park since the track was completed?

TestTrack Dummy

But does Steel Vengeance have dinosaurs? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom