Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

celluloid

What I gather is Disney fans don't like it cause it's not themed enough for them?

They love that silly Incredicoaster.

This is like that but done better. If Jurassic Park/World was a real place, there would be rides, John Hammond said so, and much like Zoological conservation theme parks such as Busch Gardens and Sea World, they have coasters inspired by the attributes and adaptations of that animal.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

They love that silly Incredicoaster.

This is like that but done better. If Jurassic Park/World was a real place, there would be rides, John Hammond said so, and much like Zoological convervation theme parks such as Busch Gardens and Sea World, they have coasters inspired by the attributes and adaptations of that animal.
No one loves Incredicoaster...

I enjoyed California Screamin’ because it’s a fun coaster. Jack-Jack on a stick didn’t improve it.

BubbaisSleep

I unapologetically love it. Really nicely frames the discovery centre and a naked coaster is totally cool in my books when it comes to Islands of Adventure. Hand-wavey that Jurassic Park is also an amusement park? Sure.

Much better integrated than Japan's. Looks like it will be quite fun too.

The only thing they need to paint some vegetation on is that Forbidden Journey show building.
I was hoping they'd stay away from Japan's design as I didn't want nets everywhere. I'm very happy this coaster doesn't pass over people much but at the same time is in your face. Walking around this thing is going to be exciting.

Disneyhead'71

People don’t take expensive vacations to amusement parks.
Good job IoA and Jurassic Park isn't an amusement park then.
Sorry to tell you I travel the U.S. to visit multiple theme parks a year.
First off, much to chagrin of many Disney Parks fans, theme parks are a subset fully within the Amusement Park set. As in, all theme parks are amusement parks, but not all amusement parks are theme parks.

And as @Jrb1979 said, I know lots of people who travel to the regional parks like Cedar Point, Dollywood, BGW, and Kings Island. Some Floridians will do the "I-75 Parks Road Trip" and will hit CP, KI, Dollywood/Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and SFGa.

Jrb1979

First off, much to chagrin of many Disney Parks fans, theme parks are a subset fully within the Amusement Park set. As in, all theme parks are amusement parks, but not all amusement parks are theme parks.

And as @Jrb1979 said, I know lots of people who travel to the regional parks like Cedar Point, Dollywood, BGW, and Kings Island. Some Floridians will do the "I-75 Parks Road Trip" and will hit CP, KI, Dollywood/Great Smoky Mountain National Park, and SFGa.
Its like it's shocking to some that Disney isn't the only game in town. Every day I am amazed by the amount of Disney Elitist Attitude I see.

No Name

I love how I have the slightest less than positive thing to say about Universal and I’m blindly labeled a Disney Parks fan with elitist attitude. Chill dawgs.
Sorry to tell you I travel the U.S. to visit multiple theme parks a year.

Sure, and that’s great. I do the same. But we’re in the minority. Those parks get more like 1-2 million visitors a year, not 10-20 million. The numbers speak for themselves. I love Universal, but at one point I thought they were aiming for #1, and now it’s evident they aren’t or they’re delusional. Hopefully they can find an audience and work out a business model doing what they’re doing.
Good job IoA and Jurassic Park isn't an amusement park then.
They’re building an amusement park ride.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Sure, and that’s great. I do the same. But we’re in the minority. Those parks get more like 1-2 million visitors a year, not 10-20 million. The numbers speak for themselves. I love Universal, but at one point I thought they were aiming for #1, and now it’s evident they aren’t or they’re delusional. Hopefully they can work a business model doing what they’re doing.

They’re building an amusement park ride.
What I gather is Universal shouldn't be building any coasters unless it's highly themed. I am the exact opposite Disney needs to build more thrilling rides. I for one think the Jurrasic Park coaster is much needed to replace Dragon Challenge.

I think once Universal opens Epic Universe it will be a game changer.

lazyboy97o

I love how I have the slightest less than positive thing to say about Universal and I’m blindly labeled a Disney Parks fan with elitist attitude. Chill dawgs.
I love when I get called a Pixie Duster in this former, without a doubt one of the dumbed things that gets said on this site.

What I gather is Universal shouldn't be building any coasters unless it's highly themed. I am the exact opposite Disney needs to build more thrilling rides. I for one think the Jurrasic Park coaster is much needed to replace Dragon Challenge.

I think once Universal opens Epic Universe it will be a game changer.
Epic Universe is obsessed with sightlines and immersion. The lands are physically and visually isolated from each other. It's also not going to be a major thrill park.

Jrb1979

I love when I get called a Pixie Duster in this former, without a doubt one of the dumbed things that gets said on this site.

Epic Universe is obsessed with sightlines and immersion. The lands are physically and visually isolated from each other. It's also not going to be a major thrill park.
Which is fine its not going to be a major thrill park. It will probably have a few high thrilling rides. Something Disney really lacks. You can have high theming and high thrills.

Animaniac93-98

Velocicoaster [if that's it's name] will have show scenes, a themed queue and landscaping. It exists in a land that represents a made up amusement park. It arguably fits its location better than Hulk on the other side of IoA.

Two things can be true at once. This can both be a themed coaster, and one which arguably should not have been built so tall or close to Three Broomsticks.

lazyboy97o

Velocicoaster [if that's it's name] will have show scenes, a themed queue and landscaping. It exists in a land that represents a made up amusement park. It arguably fits its location better than Hulk on the other side of IoA.

Two things can be true at once. This can both be a themed coaster, and one which arguably should not have been built so tall or close to Three Broomsticks.
It's the same issue as Dino-Rama or Toy Story Land. An appropriate aesthetic is not necessarily visually pleasing. Large, mostly bare concrete walls are also appropriate to Jurassic Park/World but would also be a lousy visual.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom