Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

Jon81uk

No they do not run it backwards.

I'm not worried about injury BTW. Mentally would be the problem. I would not do well trapped in a seat looking straight up waiting till ??? to get rescued.

Okay, I’ve seen other vertical lift coasters where they run it backwards, if you notice those stairs on rip ride rocket don’t go all the way down the climb so there are different circumstances

Animaniac93-98

Alicia's new YouTube video says that apparently the Jurassic World makeover of the River ride will not happen, as UNI gave a choice between it and the new coaster saying they only had the budget for one or the other.

I hope it's true it does not become Jurassic World. I like the idea of each Universal park having a different version of the ride.

BubbaQuest

Any rumors on when this will open? Just received a 3-night discount offer running through May 21. Was wondering if there might be soft opens before then.

Disneyhead'71

Any rumors on when this will open? Just received a 3-night discount offer running through May 21. Was wondering if there might be soft opens before then.
Well, May '21 is the estimated opening timeframe. Memorial Day Weekend is the rumor. So softs are likely during May.

That said, considering Universal hasn't even acknowledged they are building anything, these are clearly internet rumor/speculation.

Tom Morrow

If so, why?
It's beneficial for the parks to space out their construction projects so the new attractions open at times that will most benefit them. For instance, Universal can ride out the draw of Hagrid's being new for another year since it's a flagship attraction, while opening smaller scale attractions like the Bourne stunt show in the meantime, then use the new JP coaster to pull crowds for 2021.

Although typically Universal is pretty fast with construction and Disney notoriously drags projects out.

OG Runner

It's beneficial for the parks to space out their construction projects so the new attractions open at times that will most benefit them. For instance, Universal can ride out the draw of Hagrid's being new for another year since it's a flagship attraction, while opening smaller scale attractions like the Bourne stunt show in the meantime, then use the new JP coaster to pull crowds for 2021.

Although typically Universal is pretty fast with construction and Disney notoriously drags projects out.

That is too bad. Wouldn't it make more sense to have two rides with long lines than just one ride with a really long line?
It guess this is why I don't run a theme park. (yeah, the only reason)

Animaniac93-98

Construction on this project seems to be going very slow, I'm guessing deliberately?

After Popeye reopens this month, progress should start to pick up.

All the work that's been done so far has been to carve out the space to place the coaster track. That included expanding and rearranging pathways, draining parts of the lagoon to pour foundations and clearing trees and buildings. That's part of the reason why Popeye closed.

We know all the track pieces are nearby offsite, so once all the foundations are in place it should be built up pretty quickly.

From construction to completion this project will have taken a little over two years to build. Not too bad for something of this scale.

JoeCamel

Construction on this project seems to be going very slow, I'm guessing deliberately?
Why would you say that? They are installing screw pilings in land that is best described as "squishy" and have many of the footers placed. We all know what happens after the concrete cures - they install the track! Then on to rockwork and landscaping. Nothing slow about this project, they have three cranes onsite, are working in the middle of an open park and have made a lot of progress since ground was broken.

Jon81uk

Working in the centre of an open park will be challenging I guess. Also siting it over water makes it harder to put the footers in as draining needs to take place and having to cross a live pathway would make it harder. Its not like building Tron where it is on the edge of the park.

Tom Morrow

Why would you say that? They are installing screw pilings in land that is best described as "squishy" and have many of the footers placed. We all know what happens after the concrete cures - they install the track! Then on to rockwork and landscaping. Nothing slow about this project, they have three cranes onsite, are working in the middle of an open park and have made a lot of progress since ground was broken.
Admittedly I don't know anything about construction. From my uninformed perspective it just looks like they've been moving dirt around Jurassic Park for most of 2019.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom