Jurassic Park Rollercoaster Coming To Universals Islands Of Adventure?

OG Runner

Here's a neat fan concept for the Velocicoaster (God, that name...) based on existing knowledge of track shape and footer placement:

The looks great, very thrilling. I am sure it will be very popular. (I am not a huge coaster fan) I just wish there was some theming to it.
If the "concept" is accurate, the overall coaster has a very Six Flags feeling to it. I went to Six Flags in Georgia once, they had a Joker
coaster. It was a very plain coaster painted purple and green. I really don't see that a theming.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's a neat fan concept for the Velocicoaster (God, that name...) based on existing knowledge of track shape and footer placement:

I realize the creator of the video couldn't use copyrighted music, but to Universalize it, you need to imagine the background music to be the main theme of Jurassic World playing.

Loudly.

Over and over again.

Just the main theme and no other variations.

Loudly.

With no way to get away from it.

Annnd... I just Universalized it!

Last edited:

Bairstow

The looks great, very thrilling. I am sure it will be very popular. (I am not a huge coaster fan) I just wish there was some theming to it.
If the "concept" is accurate, the overall coaster has a very Six Flags feeling to it. I went to Six Flags in Georgia once, they had a Joker
coaster. It was a very plain coaster painted purple and green. I really don't see that a theming.

It remains to be seen what sort of themeing they'll give this but their "Flying Dinosaur" in Osaka is pretty short on scenic design.

Universal's commitment to themeing large coasters and their queues is very hit-or-miss. Some, like this and Rip Ride Rockit, are quite poor, whereas others like Dueling Dragons are among the all-time greats for any attraction. A velociraptor-based attraction should present nearly limitless opportunities for a fun queue. Imagine the queue snaking along the upper rim of their containment paddock, with horrifying noises penetrating up from the swaying ferns below, or passing by open "backstage" Jurassic Park/World storage lockers full of tattered and dented weapons and containment gear...

Tom Morrow

Dueling Dragons had a great and immersive queue - one of the all time greats, but it was never, ever, an immersive ride experience and always a massive mess of steel over a mucky pond.

Well Rip, Ride, Rockit's main selling point is the ability to pick songs to listen to if Im not mistaken.
Sadly, they never once updated the playlist from its 2009 incarnation.

Bairstow

Well Rip, Ride, Rockit's main selling point is the ability to pick songs to listen to if Im not mistaken.
It is, but that's not an excuse to not do anything interesting with the queue.

dsc00008.jpg

OG Runner

Does anyone have an idea why Universal tends to do their rollercoasters this way? I mean the new Hagrid ride and the Mummy
are excellent examples of how great a ride can be with theming. As was mentioned Dueling Dragons, had a cool queue, but no
theming for the ride, same with the Hulk and Rip, Ride, Rockit.

JT3000

Does anyone have an idea why Universal tends to do their rollercoasters this way? I mean the new Hagrid ride and the Mummy
are excellent examples of how great a ride can be with theming. As was mentioned Dueling Dragons, had a cool queue, but no

You can only do so much to theme a larger coaster. Unless there’s a slow section somewhere, it’s not really worth it. You’ll just fly by the theming without noticing any of it. Hence why Hulk and DD did all their storytelling in the queue.

Tom Morrow

And then for Rockit and Hulk, the existing show elements are always broken. Both rides always have broken lights and onboard audio on the trains. Both of their queues look like absolute trash, too.

However I don't think that will be the case for this new coaster.

Disneyhead'71

My understanding, though I could be wrong, is that there would not be much theme, more similar to Hulk than Hagrid's.
There will be a a show scene inside a building before the first launch. And a second show scene when the train enters the station at the end. It is also rumored to have significant rock work in the area of the spaghetti bowl section of the coaster. There should also be some theming like "electric fences".

JoeCamel

I saw the Rip Rocket on the news with a train caught at the top of the tower. Don't think I'll be going on it again. Last thing in the world I need is to be stuck up there waiting for a rescue. I'll give the new coaster a shoot after it's finished.
Um, how long ago was that and has it happened recently?

Jon81uk

I saw the Rip Rocket on the news with a train caught at the top of the tower. Don't think I'll be going on it again. Last thing in the world I need is to be stuck up there waiting for a rescue. I'll give the new coaster a shoot after it's finished.

Did you see the news about the traffic collision on the freeway? That is far more likely to happen compared to a rescue on a coaster. Most likely if it does stop on the lift then it most likely be run backwards to bring you back down its incredibly rare to actually need a "rescue"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom