Jungle Cruise Update

Mickeyboof

Oh geez.

Ok I’ll play along. Chicken auctions and a meta gift shop in the Jungle is the best they could replace these things with?

gift shop gag sounds fun, lots to look at on repeat trips round the river!

I always asked myself, geez, is the Trader Sam figure the best thing they could come up with?

George Lucas on a Bench

I hate it because it reminds me of the POTC chicken auction fix for whatever reason. Half baked, dumb and born from political correctness.

The new on going park wide joke apparently is that people and Disney like to sell stuff. What a knee slapper! And yay more meta please!

I wish they'd leave things alone even when the changes have nothing to do with political correctness. I had such mixed feelings about the Matterhorn redo because the yetis were neat, but the original was far more charming. When they put the old junk vehicles into the crystal chamber as a meta reference to extinct rides, I wish they'd just left the old scene because it was charming.

DavidDL

jcts203948203498230492834234.jpg

I like it. Lost and Found converted to tacky, theme park ride gift shop will work well for the JC Skippers. -and I like that they're keeping the name "Trader Sam" but leaving the actual person ambiguous for the shop and bar. That way, Trader Sam can be whoever you want them to be.

The monkeys fighting over the underwear are giving me serious Compsognathus vibes.

Mickeyboof

No you didn’t.

oh? No? Okay!

In all actuality, I always (and still) don’t understand why the bar was named after him, nor why he was holding a ball of fur (turns out it was a shrunken head, but the face more often than not is turned away from the boat). He’s way too cartoonified, he doesn’t fit in the memorable characters of Disneyland.

But sure! You know me best, hun!

mickEblu

oh? No? Okay!

In all actuality, I always (and still) don’t understand why the bar was named after him, nor why he was holding a ball of fur (turns out it was a shrunken head, but the face more often than not is turned away from the boat). He’s way too cartoonified, he doesn’t fit in the memorable characters of Disneyland.

But sure! You know me best, hun!

I liked him better with a mask. Either way, masked or mask-less he was better than a meta gift shop

NobodyElse

I wish they'd leave things alone even when the changes have nothing to do with political correctness. I had such mixed feelings about the Matterhorn redo because the yetis were neat, but the original was far more charming. When they put the old junk vehicles into the crystal chamber as a meta reference to extinct rides, I wish they'd just left the old scene because it was charming.
Wen you say "the original (Matterhorn)", can you describe what you're referring to? I think we may be picturing two different things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom